‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

Samantha, Do not argue with me!

“Okay, children, I’m going grocery shopping I’ll be back soon!” I yell over my shoulder after giving Beth a goodbye kiss on the forehead. Gabriel is taking her to play with some friends.

Driving in the car I decide to make orange chicken for dinner and attempt to wait up for Carlisle. He was working a late shift at the hospital. It didn’t bother him much considering he doesn’t eat, drink, or sleep, but sometimes I missed him.

There’s been a lot of odd patients coming into the ER. For example one teenager came in with an exacto knife sticking out of his forehead. Carlisle said the teen didn’t respond and had lodged the blade into the thick part of his skull. The teen was very lucky.

I stop the car after parking and stroll into the store. Grabbing a cart I dig through my bag to find my grocery list. Glancing up I notice the black mass from the school gliding through the store. I tensed slightly and watched the mass. After it disappeared I began to going down the aisles looking for the desired foods.

“Ms. Turner?” I turn at the sound of my name and see Elizabeth the psychic girl from my art class. I smile at her as I take in her haggard appearance.

“Elizabeth! How are you? Are you enjoying your spring break?” I ask her. She begins to walk with me.

“I’m tired. It seems all I can do lately is sleep.” She says. It doesn’t look like she’s been sleeping all that much, I don’t say anything.

“Well. Teenagers need a lot of sleep.” my voice shakes as I see the black mass hovering behind Elizabeth.

“Do you see it? I can feel it crawling under my skin.” Elizabeth says in a demonic voice. I gasp as I watch a pale tar covered arm shoot into Elizabeth. She begins to laugh manically as she pulls something out of her jacket.

“Elizabeth?” I ask, now frightened. The metal doesn’t glint in the light telling me its a hunting knife. She holds out her arm showing me the knife before plunging it into her side. I scream and run to her. Amazingly she pulls the knife from her gut.

I don’t take the time to question my safety as I pick her up as if she were a baby and run out the door. The adrenaline pumping I hardly feel her stabbing the knife into my shoulder and arm.
As soon as I’m in the clear from public eye I launch into sky allowing my wings to burst from my back. They dip low form exhaustion but I push myself into the direction of the hospital. As I fly I see the dark cloud zooming around the town. I furrow my brow before touching down in the hospital’s parking lot. I carry her through the door screaming for help.

“Ma’am! What happened?” A nurse in green scrubs asked after they carted Elizabeth down the hall. I quickly mask my wounds so they wouldn’t fret over them.

“Her name is Elizabeth, she’s in my art class at the high school. I ran into her at the store and we were talking about spring break when she started laughing! and she pulled out this knife and stabbed herself with it.” I tried to talk calmly but the panic and blood loss was making me sway.

“Okay, What is your name?” the nurse asked.

“uh, Samantha…” I say feeling dazed. She nodded and told me to sit. I did as told and laid my head back.

“Ow, Fuck” I whispered to myself. Why wasn’t I healing? I’ve defiantly been stabbed before and I’ve healed from that, why wasn’t I now?

“SAMANTHA!” A voice called. I lifted my head to see my furious fiance standing in front of me.
“Come with me now” his voice was sharp and told me no arguing, as if I had the energy to anyway. I stood only to stagger into Carlisle. He looked down at me with concern and helped me into his office.

“Hey, Honey.” I said as he helped me into his chair. I shot me a look that shut me up.

“ cut the tricks. I can smell your blood.” Carlisle said. I sighed and let my magic dissolve. I was suddenly sitting in a hospital bed with Carlisle leaning over me examining my shoulder.

“Hey! what if you got caught!” I shouted trying to sound assertive.

“I won’t. What happened?” He asked.

“I think I know what happened to those kids who are coming in with the self inflicted wounds. Like the boy with the knife in his skull.” I told carlisle. He began cleaning my wound. “Its a demon, I think. He possessed Elizabeth and she stabbed herself.”

“And she did this to you?”

“Well, I think she was trying to do it to herself, I just got in the way.”

“great.” Carlisle sighed.

“Dr. Cullen, Code Blue.” The nurse from before said in a hurried voice. My head snapped to Carlisle. I jolted out of the bed knowing that he couldn’t use his super speed in front of her.

“Is it Elizabeth?” I asked the nurse. She averted her eyes telling me her answer. I looked at Carlisle before running down the hall to find her. Carlisle grabbed my arm preventing me from moving.

“No, you need to get your wound cleaned and stitched.” He told me in his doctor voice.

“No, I need to go make sure that my student is okay!” I told him. “She’s just a child!”

“No, that is final”

“I am an adult! You can not use that line on me! I use that line on Bethany!” I shouted.

“SAMANTHA!” the tone in his voice quieted me. Carlisle had never gotten truly angry with me before this moment. “ Do not argue with me! Stay here!” he growled.

I nodded and allowed a nurse to pull me back to the room we had just been in. I know its wrong of me but his growl was sexy. I giggled at myself but soon gasped at the nurse pressing into my wound.

“OW!” I shouted. The young nurse looked up at me awkwardly.

“I need you to take off your shirt.” He said timidly. figures. I leaned forward and painful took off the tank top.

“Yeah, Thanks for the help” I said sarcastically.

CARLISLE’S POV

Rinsing off my hands I tried to shake off my hunger. Sammy was covered in blood and it was almost too much. She was so stubborn and almost assisted me in treating her student. Sighing I rubbed my forehead. She was always saving everyone and it seemed she was always getting hurt. What if something happened to her? I growled at myself. I wouldn’t let anything happen to her. Walking down the hall towards the room I left her in I heard groans of pain. my speed increased as panic surged through me.

“ OW! Jesus! Are you even old enough to be a nurse? How old are you!” Sammy yelled. I chuckled as I stood in the doorway.

“Problem, Honey?” I asked. She froze mid cringe and glared at me.

“Yes! You have a CHILD trying to kill me!” She shouted.

“no, I have a child trying to stitch your wound.” I told her.

“Hey! I am not a child!” Jared, The nurse, shouted. I chuckled and shooed him away.

“sorry, Jared. I’ll take this from here.”

“good luck” He muttered.

“Good-bye JAR-BEAR!!!” Sammy shouted after Jared.
♠ ♠ ♠
IT BE OUT!
guys i graduate on the 13th!!! AHHH I'm so Excited!!
Tell me what you think? Thanks!
ENJOY
-R