Status: I update very very seldom. People yelling at me to hurry up often make me write faster. I'm sorry.

Sky High

O2

"I used to be a size 22," I said sadly as I looked down at myself. "I dropped to a size 4 in two months, and it was absolute torture."
Jack's eyes were full of concern as he listened attentively at a stranger's pathetic sob story. What a good man.
"I... Made myself throw up every day. I didn't eat for up to four days at a time. I was losing weight far too fast, but it wasn't fast enough for me. I wasn't beautiful enough."
Jack furrowed his brow.
"And I'm still not." I tugged at the ends of my hoodie. It felt so good to get that off of my chest, but at the same time I was burdening Jack with stupidity.
"Hannah," he croaked. "Look at me."
I looked up at him through my lashes.
"I've travelled the whole world for over ten years. I've been from California to Mexico to Paris to Indonesia to Japan. I've seen and met millions, literally millions of different people. Every kind."
He leaned in a little closer to me. I couldn't take my eyes off him.
"And never, ever have I met someone who wasn't beautiful. And you, Hannah, are most certainly no exception. Not even close."
I blinked back tears. 'Thank you, bless you, I love you' was all I could think to tell him.
"T-thank you," I murmured.
The plane shook somewhat violently. The speaker beeped.
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is you pilot speaking. Could I please ask you to take your seats and fasten your seat belts, as we are experiencing some turbulence due to bad weather over the Atlantic. Thank you."
I thought I heard my father groan from four rows ahead of me.
"Gosh this plane is shaking it's ass off," Jack commented.
"One way to put it," I remarked.

~~~~

Forty minutes later and the aircraft didn't show any signs of flying smoothly.
"Ugh," Jack moaned. "Now I'm feeling sick."
"Please don't throw up because then I'll throw up and that won't be pretty."
"Ay ay, captain," he joked.

Jack threw up twenty minutes later. I rubbed the small of his back gently.
"It's okay Jack, you'll feel better afterwards," I soothed, holding back my own breakfast.
"Maybe," he croaked, looking up from his bag. "But right now I feel like sh-" He hurled once more. When he was finally empty, I handed him the bottle of coke again. He took it gladly.
"Sorry I've got no water," I said while looking guiltily at my empty cup.
"Coke's just as good, and under-25 year old with some sort of stress in their lives knows that."
"True."
The aircraft beeped again.
"Ladies and gentlemen, we are now lowering oxygen masks for everyone's use. Please put on your own mask before assisting others."
Jack and I looked at each other worriedly. Just then the yellow masks dropped down in front of our faces. We tugged on them and strapped them on over our mouths and noses.
"Please do remember to breathe normally," the flight attendant speaking added.
"This is kinda scary," I said to Jack, my voice sounding as if it were being transmitted through an old radio.
"I know right? Eh, we'll be okay. No need to worry." He attempted a smile but couldn't move his mouth enough from under the mask.
"You look like a duck," I said.
"Likewise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for all the comments!!!
Message/follow me on tumblr! be-my-own-solution.tumblr.com