Status: I update very very seldom. People yelling at me to hurry up often make me write faster. I'm sorry.

Sky High

Heaven Sent

I could feel myself starting to shake. Was it fear? The sheer cold? Panic? To this day I don't know. Up, down, left, right, yes, no, in, out; my thoughts were everywhere. For once in my life, telling myself panicking is not going to help, so don't do it, was not working.
I found the flight attendant. it occurred to me I had never asked her name.
"I'm Anabel," she replied meekly.
"Hannah. Have you got anything?"
"There was some surgical tape in what's left of that first aid box," she said while handing me the roll.
"Thanks, that's perfect." Just as I was about to walk back to Jack, she grabbed my arm.
"Do you know him?" she asked. I thought about it for a moment. Did I? Yes, he's 26 year old Jack Barakat, funny, cute, childish, guitarist.
"Not really," I replied. I must've taken to long to answer.
"You look like you've known him all your life," Anabel smiled. Her bangs lay over her eyes in a neat straight cut. or, at least, what could only be considered neat in that particular environment.
"What do you mean?" I turned fully to face her.
"Just... I don't know, the way you look at him, you know? Like you guys go back. You know ever little detail about him - what makes him smile, frown, his favourite band, movie... Everything." I searched her face for any other emotion other than amazement, but found nothing.
"I should..." I turned back to face the blacked-out aisle. "I should get back." I walked away quickly before she had a chance to say anything else.
I made my way back to Jack. He was sitting up, holding the mess of towels and tissues in place over his torso with one arm. His breathing became slightly more regular.
"Let me change them," I said, carefully peeling the mess away from him. He winced and hissed. I took his hand and stroked my thumb over his fingers gently. He calmed down a little and smiled at me.
"You should be a doctor when you grow up," he croaked.
"Does it still hurt to talk?" I asked without looking at him. I placed two soft towels over his wound and used the surgical tape to tie them around his torso.
"Less. the bleeding is a lot less now, too."
"That's great," I smiled and sat down beside him. He placed his hand on mine. While still looking forward, he began.
"I miss Alex. I miss him so much." His voice was faltering. I could feel my eyes heating up with tears, too. "He's all I need right now, the only one." His gaze was fixed straight ahead. I don't even think he blinked. I stared at him intently, taking in every one of his perfect facial features. His slight stubble, his pointed nose, the big, brown eyes. "But I know that isn't going to happen," he said strongly. He then turned to face me directly. His eyes looked straight in to mine. I felt suddenly embarrassed, but couldn't bring myself to look away. "So thanks, Hannah. Thank you for making me feel better, for fixing my wound. You're an amazing person. You're brilliant." He placed his head on my bony shoulders and shut his eyes.
People have told me that they loved me, that I was loved. They've told me exactly what Jack said. More even. But he was the first person I believed. He was who I was waiting for. I had the right words, just not the right person. I felt uplifted, and the only thing I cared about there and then was getting Jack off this plane.
As soon as I thought the word 'plane', the aircraft creaked and groaned. I could hear what sounded like a violent wind whistling and screeching outside.
"My guess is we've fallen in the middle of the desert," I said. "Someone would have seen us by now if we were even near civilization. But, I do think there should be rescue on the way soon. We should have landed..." I glanced at my watch. "...about two hours ago. I'm 98% sure the pilots are dead." It wasn't until I'd finished that I realized I had talked so fast. I was hungry and tired. Jack could tell.
"You should go to sleep," he said with a concerned tone. "I'll be okay for a while."
"No way! You're too hurt. What if you need me?"
We argued for a bit longer. He was right, I was exhausted. But I wasn't nodding off anytime soon.
We spent what must have been an hour in silence. I could see Anabel sleeping a little bit away from us.
Suddenly, I heard the sound of angels. Heavenly sounds, our salvation. Anabel woke with the sound, a huge smile spreading across her worn out face. Jack gripped my hand tightly and hugged me. He let out a cry of delight.
A man spoke in to a megaphone outside.
"This is the police. Attention. Can anyone hear me?"
Thoughts flashed in my head for a split second. Everything that had happened on the past 12 or so hours caught up with me. Jack, mum, dad, Anabel, me...
And Ian. My little brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd say there's about.... Psssshhhh.... Three chapters left? Hope you like this chapter! Bit of a filler for the finale :)
Love you all to pieces mwah