Status: Completed

Nine Lives

Chapter Fourteen

“So what now?” I asked Kellin as we sat side by side.
Someone has to break the ice and it might as well be me.
“I’m not so sure.” He replied.
“Katelynne?”
He shook his head “Well obviously that won’t work.”
I bit my lip “And us?”
I could see a slight smile play along his mouth “We’ll see.” He almost teased.
“Okay.” I said, smiling to myself.
After a moment, Kellin stood.
“I better go.” He looked at his feet as he shuffled them.
“Okay.” I echoed myself.
I stood with him and walked to the door, opening it for him. I may be a dick sometimes, but I do have manners.
“I guess I’ll see you around.” He said, looking outside.
“Bye.” I said quietly.
“Bye.” He walked down the porch stairs.
“Kellin!” I called after him.
He spun around and I crushed my lips to his. He responded immediately, kissing me back.
We pulled apart a moment later.
“Just checking.” I whispered.
He nodded and I let him go.
I waved as I watched him drive away before going inside, dizzy.
What was that?!
What did it mean?!
What is this…?
Well it couldn’t be much yet because he still has to deal with Katelynne.
“Eugh.” I groaned out loud at even the thought of her name.
How could she cheat on something, someone as precious as Kellin? He was the walking, talking, living
–scratch that last one- breathing embodiment of perfection.
And didn’t I know it.
The Higher Arches were going to be pissed at me; falling for a charge. I don’t even want to imagine Mike.
Mike, my younger brother who got plunged into this hell (literally) because of me and my stupidity. I can recall the day he died like yesterday.
***
“Vic come on, we’re going to be late.” My younger brother called up to me.
“Oh relax, Mike. Mom and Dad won’t be home until late anyways.” I said trotting down the stairs “I doubt we’ll be at the party all night.” I pulled on a beanie and checked my hair once more.
“I know, it’s just that Chelsea is going to be there.” He fiddled in his seat.
“Eugh. Girls.” Mike was one of two people who knew I was gay. Not even my parents knew; they’d kill me.
“You’ve got Austin. Stop complaining.”
I rolled my eyes. “We’re just friends, and Austin is bi-with a girlfriend. Just because we may have seen each other’s dicks, doesn’t mean we dated.”
“Mhm.” Mike said unconvinced.
“Do you want to go or what?” I asked growing impatient.
“Yes!” he shot up from his place and we walked to this door.
We thought nothing of the night ahead of us as we left, walking the short distance from our house to Matty’s.
Matty had sleek orange hair with glasses just slightly too big from his face, but it worked for him.
“Mike. Vic.” He smiled opening the door.
I knew this was a party, but it wasn’t one of those ‘Let’s get drunk and high.’ parties; that shit was confined into one room of the house. It was more like a ‘Hey, let’s all hang out, play twister and wet ourselves watching Night of the Living Dead.’ Parties. That didn’t mean we never partied hard though. We did.
“Hey, Mullins.” Mike said dashing past to go find Chelsea.
I rolled my eyes “What’s up, Matty?”
I stepped inside and caught up with Matty as we walked to the living room.
Jack, Chris, Danny, the other Jack, Aaron, Austin, Sierra, Tay, Chelsea and Jenna were all already here.
I could see Chelsea grin as Mike walked over and sat himself down next to her.
Those two…
Austin and I locked eyes and waved. I didn’t bother to stay and chat because I really wasn’t in the mood. Instead, I walked upstairs and headed for the, what we call, ‘Toxic Room’.
In that room was Oli, Ben, Andy, Juliet, Valeria, Beau and Christofer.
“Swear to God, Vic, unless you brought dope or food-“ Oli began until I pulled out a small bag and walked over smirking, closing the door behind me.
“Nice, Fuentes.” Ben said, taking the bat from my grasp/
I rolled my eyes again, it seemed to be my signature move tonight, sitting down and grabbing the nearest spliff.
I obviously didn’t realised how fast time passed because in no time Mike was knocking on the door telling about pancakes or something other.
“Victor, now!” he said sternly.
I giggled as I got up, taking Christofer with me since he clung onto me, as I walked over and opened the door.
“What is Whiskey Hands?” I mumbled. The name was self-explanatory.
“You’re stoned.” He sighed “Time to say goodbye to your buddies. We have to go.”
“Aww, Mikey. I thought you were the fun one. We were just gonna play Russian Roulette.” I moaned in protest.
***
The memory stopped there as I could feel myself begin to shake violently. I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bathroom.
A shower would calm me down.
I stripped off my clothes and climbed into the steaming shower, curling up in the tub as the water hit against my back.
I took in a shaky breathe.
The memory stopped there because my vision got blurry and covered in blood as the night progressed. I did my best to block it out all these years and it was going to stay that way.
“Oh Mike.” I said sighing.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHH. I'm sorry don't hate me.
I've been doing lots or art coursework for school and our final exam and I have maths revision to do for my exam so I reaaaaaallly do apologise if I can't update as much as I want to over my half term, and if I do update, I'm sorry if it's poo.
BUT HERE'S A LONGER CHAPTER IN VIC'S POV WITH A LIL FLASHBACK.
Seri don't know where this story is going...

Comment, Rate, Subscribe and Recommend ^.^