Status: Completed

Nine Lives

Chapter Nineteen

I managed to pull myself together after my half heart-to-heart with Austin. For someone who was literally heartless, he was one of the sweetest guys I knew.
I got dressed properly and pulled a beanie over my hair that I wasn't bothered to try and straighten. I let it dry into it's natural curls.
I had to do something to keep my mind off the situation at hand. Anything.
I had to keep my hands busy, so I thought the best idea was to just start cooking.
I was never much of a cook; my mother was an amazing cook though.
I missed her so bad.
I grabbed anything that I could find in the cabinet, sweet or savory, and started chucking things into a pot creating a mess of something very inedible.
I stirred the hell out of it until it had the consistency of tar.
This is why they never let me cook dinner.
I sighed, giving up, and turned off the stove. I let the congealed mess that should have been food where it was and opted for sticking my head in the freezer.
Okay, not literally, I just wanted a Popsicle.
I grabbed a frozen stick of watermelon and plopped down onto the lounge where I opted to watch daytime TV.
Before I could even get to the "Bree murdered this person" part on Desperate Housewives, a knock from the front door echoed through the hall.
I cursed whoever it was disturbing my peace and walked over to answer the door.
"If you're here to spread the word of Je-" I stopped mid sentence when a rattled looking Katelynne stood on my porch.
"Katelynne what a-"
"What the hell is wrong with your brother?!" she screamed at me.
"My brother, what?"
"Mike. He said he was your brother and why the hell is he talking to Kellin about you and me and... EVERYTHING?!"
"Uhm... Katelynne are you okay?" I knew exactly what she was talking about, but I didn't want to give anything away. The last thing anyone needed was another person involved in the situation.
"Yes, I'm fine!" She seemed offended
"Are you sure? I don't have a brother and you're not making any sense."
"But he-I..." she stood confused, thinking about everything she just said.
"Do you wanna come inside?" If Mike was with Kellin, and god knows why, the last thing that needed to happen was Katelynne going back and flipping out.
She nodded and walked in and through to the living room where she sat down.
"Austin?" I called up the stairs.
He walked out to the landing "What?"
"Katelynne's here." I gave him a panicked look "Maybe you should go figure out why my brother is at Kellin's?" I said low, through clenched teeth. I knew he would hear me.
His eyes widened a bit "Shit. Okay." he walked back to his room or the studio or whatever he was doing up there and I went into the living room to see Katelynne staring up at the TV.
"Desperate Housewives?" she asked
I shrugged "What else is there to watch?"
I sat back down in my spot and watched the TV with her, anything to distract from the subject.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ops, updating a little later than I wanted to
I was really mad when I started writing this last night so I'm sorry if it kinda sucks
Not really happy with the ending but I dunno what to write after that
IDEK
Someone wanna request some action to go down?

Comment, Rate, Subscribe and Recommend ^.^