Status: Completed

Nine Lives

Chapter Twenty Two

I woke up in the morning with the raven haired boy of my dreams next to me. Now I know what you must be thinking, but we honestly didn't do anything last night apart from have a few hot make out sessions and talk.
We talked about everything from music to books to films to our childhoods. Of course mine was a lot different from Kellin's because I went to school in the last century, but it seemed like our high school experiences weren't far apart. We hated our teachers, had about three friends to count on and wasted time in music. We both sang, but I also played guitar which he totally admitted his envy towards. I tried to teach him a bit last night, but he complained about how the strings hurt his fingers and he gave up.
I carefully climbed out of bed not to wake him as he slept next to me and I ran a hand through my hair as I sighed lightly and made my way downstairs.
"Well good morning to you too." Gabe said from the kitchen island with a cup of coffee.
"Mmm." I mumbled back at him, trying to fight the sleep that still lingered on me.
"Long night?"
"Not really." I yawned and poured my own cup of coffee, black with two sugars, and sat down across from him.
"Where's Austin?"
"Alan called saying that their album debuts later today and he ran to the band's mother hub to see the reaction."
"Makes sense." I shrugged and took a long drag of my coffee.
"You know what day it is today right?" Gabe asked, tapping the side of his glass in an almost nervous habit.
"Uhmm... today?" I asked unsure.
He rolled his eyes "Smart. No. It's... that day."
"That day?"
"Don't tell me you've forgotten your own brother's death date?"
I froze at the island with my coffee cup half raised to my mouth. I set it back down on the counter and looked into the liquid as if I was trying to examine each and every particle in it.
"Do I have to go?"
"You know you have too."
"What am I going to tell Kellin?"
"I can think of a way to distract him for the day. Austin and the rest of the guys are coming back here to party of course. I'll take him with me to the God of all shops, Wal Mart, and we'll stock up on supplies. It gives you time to uhh... Do your thing."
"What's the point in 'doing my thing'" I made air quotes "If he's still here. Praying clearly didn't keep him at bay."
"That doesn't mean it doesn't do anything. I know he's a total dick because he's basically the vessel of everything we fight against, but he is... was... you brother at one time."
I sighed. I knew Gabe was right and no matter how much I tried to fight it, he would win.
"Okay." I sighed in defeat.
"What's your thing?" I heard the croaking voice of Kellin and I snapped my head up to the stairs where he stood.
"H-how long have you been there?"
"Enough."
"Look, Kells, I would love to sit down and explain this to you but somethings are just... personal." I'm pretty sure my face looked glum as hell right now.
To my surprise all he did was nod, say okay, and wander over to scan the kitchen for his favourite breakfast food of the week, bagels.
"So when we going, Gabe?" he said as he popped his bagel slices into the toaster and leaned against the counter as he waited for them to be finished toasting.
"12?"
"Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ops. Didn't really wanna end it like that, but I wanna get down to business in the next chapter. This is sortof a filler. Sorry.
Also, I've been thinking about writing an Austlan that's totally different from this story. Basically cutesy fluff that everyone loves.
Lemme know?

Comment, Rate, Subscribe and Recommend ^.^