Status: Completed

Nine Lives

Chapter Thirty Three

So we were finally here.
Austin, Nevada.
It was a pretty shitty town in all honesty. It was one of those crappy Mid-West towns not in the Mid-West but at the same time it was a place where a huge drug deal would go down and nobody would notice. Everyone would look away and mind their own business. No wonder Mike chose here. With an array of abandoned buildings and a bunch of towns people who could easily be bribed to keep quiet, it was perfect.
"Where do we even begin?" Gabe asked looking around the deserted area.
"Let's split up. Me and Austin, you and Tony." I suggested and everyone nodded as we went our ways to look for them. If anything happened to any of them I didn't know how I would handle it. Especially if something happened to Kellin.... I couldn't live with that.
We started on the west side of town, checking out every place that looked like could house a triad of captives plus a few henchmen. We searched for about an hour with nothing until we stumbled upon an overly large warehouse. It looked like it had been abandoned for longer than both me and Austin's life spans put together which made it like a gold mine for us.
So what did we do? We walked straight into there. The entrance was creepy enough with old machinery chucked everywhere making it look like a horror movie was about to break out any minute.
Once we reached the door at the end of the corridor we looked at each other, with a nod, and then I pushed the door open.
The room was vast in darkness with light barely peaking in through dirty window panes, but it was just enough light for me to make out the shapes of three people strapped to chairs.
"Kellin!" I screamed running over to him.
"Alan!" Austin said worried as he also ran over.
"Jess I-" she shook her head and spoke low
"It's okay."
I turned back to Kellin and looked at him.
"Vic you can't be here, neither can Austin you guys can't be here." he spoke low aswell, were they scared?
"We don't care. We just want to get you guys out of here."
"Vic it's a trap." he said tiredly "It's part of his plan" he said the last line as he let his head roll back.
"Alan, baby, come on." I could hear Austin coo to the boy next to Kellin who could barely keep his eyes open.
"But it hurts." I could hear him say. There was blood running down his neck from his head, infact, there was blood on Kellin and Jess too. Those sons of bitches.
I was starting to get over my brotherly attachment. I worked on that on the way here and now seeing this just confirmed that Mike really wasn't my brother anymore and that he was dangling it over my head for the longest time.
"Vic he said... he.." Kellin began
"Shh, no. We can talk about it la-"
"Here for the family reunion?"
I stopped mid sentence to turn and come face to face with the one person I hadn't seen in years.
Mike.
"You son of a bitch."
"Really Vic? We have the same mother." he walked over to us, his hands placed behind his back.
"Your little chat will just have to wait, since I have a little something I would love you guys to witness."
I stood protectively infront of Kellin as Austin did the same with Jess and Alan.
"And what the hell would that be?" Austin spoke up.
Mike had a smirk on his face as he turned to Austin.
"I'm sure you'll love it."
And before any of us knew what was happening, he pulled a gun from behind his back and a shot echoed through the warehouse.
Who got hit?
♠ ♠ ♠
oh ops sorry