Status: Happy New Years!

Kiss Me.

A Start of a New Year.

Lights, sounds, screaming, cheering. All of which was heard on the night of the New Year’s Rockin’ Eve ’13, which was a tribute year for Dick Clark. They had invited me to sing in Times Square and it was ten minutes to show time. My hairstylist was trying to tame my crazy curls, and I was trying to calm my nerves. I was surprised I hadn’t fainted yet. This was big for me, like really big. I looked at myself in the mirror, it was now or never.
“There I think that should do it,” Lee, my wonderful stylist smiled and fluffed my hair a bit. “Now go kill it, and please don’t worry about your boo, he’ll show up.”
She noticed me shooting looks at the entrance looking for my MIA boyfriend. Lee smiled at me reassuringly and pushed me into the hands of my stage director.
“Five minutes to show time,” he gave me my ear pieces.
I nodded and connected them to the wire that trailed my dress, and put one in. I let out a shaky breath as people started rushing all around me, and trying to prepare for my first performance. My dancers warming up, and techs making sure it was all set.
“Scarlett! Scar!”
A voice exclaimed through the throng of people milling about hurriedly. My eyes widened and I scanned the crowd for the owner of that voice. Seconds later I locked eyes with those familiar jade eyes. He collected me into a tight embrace once he got closer. I inhaled his oh so familiar cologne and buried my face into the crook of his neck.
“I thought you weren’t going to show,” I whispered hugging him tighter.
He laughed and kissed my cheek.
“I wouldn’t miss your big performances for anything,” he grinned at me, and then looked me over with a smirk. “I see your ready, your gonna rock it.”
I laughed and slapped his arm.
“Hush you flirt,” I laughed. “Thank you though. I hate that your missing your friends New Years Party.”
A look I couldn’t decipher flashed through his eyes, but he gave me a reassuring smile.
“It’s okay, I’ll make it up to them,” Harry cupped my cheek with his hand.
“Scarlett! Two minutes!” Someone shouted.
“Okay!” I replied to whoever shouted that, I also grabbed my sparkly gold microphone which was handed to me, hey it matched with my dress.
“Hey,” Harry caught grabbed my hand, I looked up at him expectantly. He pulled me into a kiss, causing me to smile as he did. We pulled away and he spoke. “I love you, you’re going to kill it. I’ll be watching and waiting.”
I gave him a chaste kiss and brushed stray hair from my face.
“I love you too Harry, and thank you,” I blew him a kiss as people started crowding around me, separating us.
We kept that cheesy couple eye contact until I had to climb onto the stage. I caught a glimpse of him as he was ushered to the box, to watch me preform.
“Good evening New York!” I shouted into my mic and blew a kiss into the camera. The music of the band started to pick up, my foot tapped to the beat. “Let’s do this!”
I jammed out, and danced along with my dancers as I sang to my hit single. It was very thrilling to preform. Hearing the screams and cheering from people all around. The final notes to the music played and streamers plus confetti rained down. I grinned and waved at the people cheering. Ryan Seacrest joined me on stage.
“Good to see you here Scarlett!” he exclaimed happily. “That performance was amazing, and your birthday is almost here, how old are you turning?”
“Thank you Ryan! It was great, Times Square always has this energy that has me buzzin!” I replied with a chipper tone. “Even though it’s pretty cold, I’m excited for it. Two important things on the same day. It’s a giant celebration, and I’m turning 19.”
“I know it’s already a few hours past midnight back in the UK, anything you’d like to say to anyone back home?” he smiled at me.
I held the mic and waved to the camera.
“Hi mum, hi dad! Thank you for all the support and to everyone else I’m missing, and my dear friends in a certain boyband,” I winked. “Andy, El, Dani and everyone I failed to mention!”
“Give it up for Scarlett Jay!” Ryan shouted. “Let’s all say Happy Birthday!”
Loud cheers erupted from Times Square, and they chorused a Happy Birthday to me. I waved goodbye to him and climbed down the stairs back to under the stage and they ushered me into the tent. Harry was waiting for me on one of the sofas. Speaking to Taylor, who I was going to preform with after the ball dropped. She looked like she was full on flirting with him. I narrowed my eyes a bit as I walked over to them.
“How was it?” I said, earning their attention.
“Perfect,” Harry shot up and collected me in a tight hug. “You did perfect.”
“Thank you babe,” I kissed his cheek and gave Taylor a smile, which could also be taken as a grimace. “Good luck on your performance.”
She gave me a fake smile.
“You did great, and thank you,” Taylor said stiffly, she didn’t look happy that Harry’s arm was resting on my waist.
“Let’s go find Lee to get you changed,” he nudged my neck and started to lead me out of the tent.
We waved goodbye to Taylor, and I caught a glimpse of her glare. As he lead me to my tent to change. I didn’t feel like dealing with her tonight.
“How no paps caught you I am surprised,” I said with a laugh.
“Skills babe, skills,” Harry laughed, pulling me in to his side.
X
“One minute!” We heard Ryan shout.
“To the start of a New Year,” Harry whispered into my ear, his raspy voice sending shivers down my spine.
“A new wonderful year,” I whispered back.
“And we’re all here to celebrate with you!” A loud voice exclaimed.
I gasped as I looked at the people coming up behind Harry and myself. It was the rest of One Direction, and their girlfriends. I looked up at Harry who was grinning full on.
“Surprise love, since it’s your birthday too we decided to surprise you,” he gave me a smile.
I was collected into a massive group hug with all of them.
“Thank you all so much, it means a lot that you guys are here,” I said happiness laced my tone of voice.
“Anything for you,” Perrie pulled me into a bone crushing hug, along with Dani and Eleanor.
Someone pushed through our crowd and caught my attention.
“Scarlett, we’re here to escort you and your party to join Ryan on stage,” a tech said and dragged us all on the stage.
Everything moved so fast and that’s how I ended up on national TV with One Direction and company for the New York New Years count down. Seacrest definitely looked surprised, as we all hoarded onto the stage. From the looks of it, this wasn’t in the plans.
“Thirty seconds and I’m here joined on stage with One Direction and Scarlett Jay!” Ryan exclaimed, earning now deafening screams throughout Times Square. “What a pleasant surprise!”
Now the countdown was at ten seconds and Harry grabbed me, spun me around to face him.
“Happy New Years and Happy Birthday, my love,” he whispered, our noses touching.
I smiled. Four seconds.
“Happy New Years to you too dear,” I replied softly.
It was safe to say my birthday and the new year started wonderfully.
We pulled away, out of breath but basking in the moment.
“This is really a surprise that you guys showed up,” Ryan came over to our group, as the cameras started rolling after commercial break.
I’m so sure he wanted to catch everything on tape.
“Yeah, for us as well! Originally this wasn’t our plans, everything was last minute yesterday that we decided to crash the party,” Liam had his hold on Danielle, and had a wide grin set on his face. “Harry was already coming to the states, and all of us decided that we didn’t want to miss our New Years without him or Scarlett.”
“It was a hassle trying not to get spotted,” Zayn shook his head.
“But, we did it and we’re here!” Niall exclaimed grinning.
Ryan laughed and turned to me.
“So you’re the lady who’s snagged up Harry Styles, when all along everyone thought it was Taylor Swift,” Ryan eyed us with a smirk.
Harry and I exchanged glances and burst out laughing.
“Nope, it was me all along,” I replied with a smirk.
“Good! Now Happy New Years to all of you and I wish the best!” Ryan said, that ever present smile on his face. “I’m sure you have to go get ready for your final performance to kick start the new year.”
“Yes of course,” I smiled and waved back as once again we were all ushered from the stage.
“We’ll be in the stands watching you perform, goodluck,” Louis kissed my cheek.
“Thank you!” I waved as he lead El away.
Everyone else wished me luck leaving Harry for last.
“See you soon,” He gave me a chaste kiss.
I caught one last glimpse of him as Lee pulled me into the changing room.
“Ready to end the night?” she grinned as she started on my hair and makeup minutes later.
“Hell yeah,” I replied cheekily.
I stood next to Taylor on stage ready for the cue that we were rolling. The boys and the girls were all crowded together on the side of the stage. I waved at them just as the music started and the cameras started to roll.
“Tonight,” I said into the mic. “Taylor and I will be covering two wonderful songs by one wonderfully talented artist. He’s a very close friend of ours and wish he could be here. This is for you Ed. Happy New Years.”
I blew a kiss to the camera.
We covered A Team and Kiss Me by Ed. I really couldn’t ask for a better start of the year. After saying our goodbyes to the other artists and Ryan. We all headed to my loft in Brooklyn for the surprise New Years-Birthday party Harry had planned.
It was safe to say my year started off on a marvelous note.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY!
I swear this came to me out of nowhere, and also Harry being with Taylor today... I decided to just change it up a bit. Thank you to all you wonderful people for reading my stories. I am very grateful and wish you all a wonderful, prosperous New Year.

xx
Shaina
Outfit 1
Outfit 2