Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Holiday Offers

I wake up the next morning alone in the room. I glance around for a note or something telling me where Cody went.

Since it's useless to worry since he most likely went out to get something to eat or drink, I turn the TV on to this I Love Lucy marathon, I watch it for a while until the lock clicks and the door opens. Cold air rushes in and I pull the blankets closer around me.

"Oh hey!" He smiles.

"Hey…"

"I thought you'd still be asleep when I got back."

"I woke up about half an hour ago."

"Oh…okay." He walks over and places a paper bag on the bed before sitting down next to me. He hands me a cup from the little holder and takes his own before setting the cardboard cup holder onto the nightstand next to him.

"What's this?" I ask picking up the bag. I look inside to see 4 glazed donuts.

"That would be our breakfast and my apology for the comment I made last night. Again…." He looks into my eyes. "I'm really sorry about that."

I look back into his eyes for a moment before smiling. "Those better be some damn good donuts." I joke. He breaks into a grin and reaches his hand in the bag pulling one out. "I guess we'll see, won't we?" He takes a big bite and smiles. "It's good!"

I grab myself a donut and take a bite. He's right. The glaze has a hint of honey and the donut itself is soft. It's seriously one of the best donuts I've ever had and I've had a lot over the years.

"Well?"

"Okay…"I nod. "Apology accepted….again." He smiles at me before turning back to the TV.

"So what are you watching?"

"I Love Lucy marathon." I reply taking another bite. He sets his coffee on the little nightstand and scoot closer to me.

One Hour Later…

We watch the marathon together while we eat. As soon as we finish our food and coffee, I slip off the bed. I feel Cody watching me so I walk over to him and lean over with my hands on the bed to keep me up. Our faces are an inch apart and I smile. "Thanks for breakfast, Codes." I whisper before giving him a quick peck on the lips. I pull away and he smiles. "You're welcome… and is that MY shirt you're wearing?"

"Mhm." I nod. "Want it back?"

He shakes his head grinning. "Nope. I think it looks better on you."

I bite my lip a little. My lips barely brush against his and I open my eyes enough to see the time on the little alarm clock on the table. I stop and quickly pull back. "Um.. maybe we should head back to the airport now?"

He opens his eyes and looks at clock. 'Yeah… I guess we should."

I grab my clothes from my suitcase and look over at Cody. "I'll go change then we can go."

"Alright." He nods. "I'll be right back. I'm going to go to go call a cab." He walks outside into the cold air so I can start changing.

When we get to the airport, we walk directly to the departure board.

"Tampa…Chicago…Boston…Marietta…" I read aloud before frowning. "Where's Denver?" I look over it once more but still see nothing.

"What's going on?"

We both turn at the sound of Ted's voice. He walks over to us and smiles at me. I quickly look away at the board behind us.

"She's looking for Denver to go home but—"

"Are you kidding me?" I finally find the Denver flights but every single one is cancelled.

"I'll be back." Cody says obviously uncomfortable. "I'll go get us each a drink."

"No thanks Codes." Ted says. "I had a big breakfast before I got here."

Cody nods and walks away toward the food court. "So you can't get home for the holidays?"

I shake my head. "Apparently not."

"Any family in another state?"

"I have an uncle in Texas…"

"Why not spend the holiday with him?"

I look down. "No thanks."

"Why not?" He frowns.

"I don't really want to get ambushed about my 'relationship' with Cody."

"That could get annoying." He agrees with a small chuckle. He looks at me but since I have no idea where Cody is or if he's watching I stare at the floor.

"Yeah…" We're quiet for a moment. I turn my engagement ring around my finger thinking about all this. It's weird how I've worn my ring many times but never really looked at it. Sure it's not a real engagement ring, but I have to admit it's kind of pretty. Cody offered a few times to buy a real one just to really sell the engagement but what'd be the point of that? It'd be a waste of money since it's all a lie.

"I was really hoping to relax at home, maybe watch Christmas specials or something but…" I say letting out a frustrated sigh.

"All flights back to your home are cancelled." He finishes. I nod miserably. "How about coming to spend the holiday with me?" He smiles. "You can help my Dad, Brett and I set up for my dad's annual Christmas party. You know he loves having you around."

Watching him smile at me I felt my heart melt a little before the guilt starts to set in. "I don't know Ted…" I frown. "Let's say I did. What if at the party when all the superstars and divas show up and see us together without Cody around? What if they start asking questions?"

"Why would they? Before all this engagement stuff started, everyone already knew that we're close friends. They'll probably think you just volunteered to help my Dad and I out." He tries to grab my hand but drops it to his side seeing Cody making his way back. "Besides," He whispers. "I really want you with me."

I really wanted to say yes but I remember how Cody offered for me to stay with him last night. "I can't."

"Why not?" He frowns.

"Because Cody already asked me to stay with him last night."

"So you're just going to stay with him?" I feel bad hearing the slight jealousness in his voice. This can't be easy for him seeing his girlfriend have to only be with him in private. But I gave him the choice to call it off when he asked about the engagement. He also know that if I stayed with Ted instead of him, Cody would start to suspect something.

"Maybe another time."I whisper back. Ted is about to reply stops as Cody walks up with two McDonald's cups in his hands. He gives me one and I take a sip. Overhead they call for all passengers for Tamp.

"Well that's me." Ted says turning to us. He gives Cody a guy hug then turns to me and wraps me in a hug. "Call or text when you can." He whispers in my ear. "I'll miss you." I hug him a bit tighter in response before finally letting him go. He walks off toward his gate and I join Cody on one of the benches.

"So what are you going to do?" He asks taking a sip of his drink. "Go visit Shawn or go home with me?"

"Well… I don't want to get bombarded with questions about us so…you.?"

He smiles at this. "In that case we should get your ticket changed before we have to go."

I nod and we stand up and walk over to the ticket desk.