Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Second Thoughts

As he holds the box up, my stomach knots up and it's hard to breathe. With everything going on with Cody, I had forgotten all about the test in my bag. He sits down next to me and looks at me expecting an answer. I try to take a deep breath but couldn't.

"Can we talk about this outside?" I ask. "I need fresh air."

"Of course." He nods. We both stand up and walk over to where our shoes and coats are and we walk out onto the little patio in the back. I'm able to take in a few breaths before sitting down on the concrete. Cody joins me and thrusts his hands into his pockets while he waits.

I look out into the starless sky for a moment. "I'm late." I sigh. "I haven't started so I got scared and bought the tests."

"And?" He urges.

I shrug. "I don't know yet. I was too afraid to take them."

We sit in silence for a moment before he speaks. "I know you're going to hate me for this but…" He looks at me. "You need to take it and see."

"I know… I just…" I feel the tears start to form and I bite my lip. "I'm still scared. What if it's positive?"

"If it's positive, we'll set up an appointment to get you checked out." He takes a hand out of his pocket and puts a hand on mine. "I'm here for you."

All I can manage is a nod. Christmas or not, I need to find out. I take my hand away and stand up earning a look from Cody. "Now seems like the best time." Cody gets up and follows me back into the house and I strip off my coat and shoes before grabbing the box from the couch. I go through Cody's room and into the bathroom.

A while later I come back out. My heart is beating fast and I'm sweating. Cody is in his room pacing and looks up at me as I exit the bathroom. "Well?"

"We have to wait 10-15 minutes." He nods and we both sit on the edge of the bed in silence. If it's positive, I don't know what I'd do. Marry Cody for real? What about Ted? What about my title shot? So many questions ran through my mind at once making me feel like I'm hyperventilating. "You're the only one of slept with recently." I say for no apparent reason. "If I'm positive…. You're the dad." He says nothing so I continue with my rambling. "We should have never had sex."

This time he looks at me. I shake my head as I look at the floor. "We should have never had sex, we should have worn protection when we did…. I should have been smarter than this!" My breathing starts to really pick up and Cody scotches closer to me and wraps and arm around me. "Breathe. Calm down." He comforts. "Everything will be okay." I look over at him and my eyes meet his blue ones. We just stare into each other's eyes a while longer before I lie back. Cody joins me and I turn to face him.

He drapes an arm around me and rubs my back comfortingly. My breathing starts to settle a little while my stomach goes from knots to fluttering. What seemed like minutes turned into being an hour as Cody looked up at the alarm clock on his night stand then back at me. "It's time."

I take one final deep breath before standing up and slowly walk into the bathroom, I grab the test without looking and go sit back on the bed next to Cody. "What does it say?" I close my eyes and take another deep breath before looking down at the test. Positive.

"Fuck." I say dropping the test. My breathing picks up once again and I put my face in my hands. "No, no, no, no, no!"

I feel Cody lean over and grab the test and take a breath before getting up. He returns moments with a little paper bag and hands it to me. Grabbing the bag from him, I take deep breaths as I tried to calm down.

"Okay…it's okay. We'll get through this…." He says rubbing my back. "Are you okay?"

Putting the bag down I glare at him. I hate how much I want him and how great he is. I hate how much I want to kiss him and I hate all these feelings for him. He's my friend, dammit! Most of all, I hate myself for letting things go so far. I hate myself for opening my mouth and starting this whole fake engagement thing. Right now I'm panicking and the one person I want to hold me and say it's all just a dream is sitting right next to me.

"No I'm not okay! I'm fucking pregnant! And with of all people, your kid!" I exclaim before bringing the bag back up to my lips. We sit in an awkward silence for a few seconds. I really shouldn't be aiming all my anger and emotional stress at him but it is partly his fault as it is mine. As they say, it takes two.

"I HATE you for this." I seeth as I put the bag down again.

"Aren't women supposed to say that to the husband DURING the birth? Not Before?" He jokes trying to make me smile. Incredible. I'm yelling at him and having a little bitch fit yet he's still trying to make me laugh. I glare at him.

"I'm sorry." He says looking down. "I'm just trying to ease the tension. I know this has to be hard on you."

I nod and the urge to cry comes back. "Yeah…" I nod. "I'm a little tired. I'm gonna head to bed." I lie.

"Alright." He nods in understanding. He leans over and presses a small kiss on my cheek. "Merry Christmas, Charity." He whispers. "Good night."

"Night Cody. Merry Christmas." He stands up and walks out of the room and I get up and fix the bed before shutting off the light. I curl up under the blankets and I start having thoughts I was afraid I was going to have. I'm starting to have second thoughts about Ted.