Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Suspicions

With everything on my mind right now, I barely heard a word of what Ted was saying. I heard something about catering after the show but that can mean anything.

I walk down the long hallway trying to think of where Cody would go. His locker room, catering, somewhere backstage… On my way I'm met by a determined looking John Laurinaitis walking the opposite directing. His eyes glued to the clipboard in his hand, I see him muttering to himself. Once he's level with me he pauses and looks at me. "Hello Charity." He greets with a smile. "How are you today?"

"I'm good. Thank you for asking." I smile back. It's a fake smile but he doesn't notice. I'm getting good at putting on a smile just for people. "How about you?"

"Oh just fine." He replies. "So where is your fiancé?" He asks. At every show, he always walks around making sure everybody who is supposed to be there is there and counted for.

"Somewhere around here. I'm on my way to go find him. I know he's here though."

"Good." He says. He writes something on his clip board. "Well good luck." I thank him and we continue on our separate ways. I continue on my way to catering since that's where I decided to start my search when I hear something familiar.

If love is a drug I just want to try it
One hit of her lips is like a coke diet
Can't eat, can't sleep
I can't sign this what I feel so deep
And my heart beats for her

I turn the corner to see Cena singing aloud to his music on his music player.

And she don't want me
But all I need is time and time is money
And I'm a grown man just trying to be funny
But I guess this is about money
And cars, so I close my tab at the bar
So I close my tab at the bar
And just then she walked in

He opens his eyes and spots me. He smiles.
I had to to tell her

"Hey!" He greets. He turns off his iPod and takes out his earphones before putting them in his jean shorts pocket.

"Hey John…" I say. John has to be the mystery guy who's been sending me the love letters. He just quoted one of them even though I never told him about it. "Just wondering, what were you listening to?"

"Just now?"

"Yeah."

"Love Letter by The Cataracs." He replies. "Why?"

"It just sounds familiar, I guess." He starts to chuckle and I give him a look. "What?"

"It should sound familiar. It was the song that was playing in the car when we went on our first date."

Oh my god. It's Cena! Cena's the guy who wrote all the letters! "Oh yeah!" I say. "I should get that song for my iPod… would you mind writing it down for me?"

"Um…sure." He looks around for a pen and paper. It has to be him. He'd write lyrics to a song from our first date to remind me of us when we were together. The lyrics also match him like 'And I'm a grown man just trying to be funny', Even when we were dating he knew what to say to make me laugh. He gets a pen from a crew member then grabs my arm. He writes the name of the song and the artist along with something else. He looks at my arm for a second before nodding. "There you go." He smiles. "Also…" He leans down a little so our faces are somewhat close. "There's my number. Call me when you listen to it. Maybe we can set up a dinner and talk about old times and maybe…give us another try." He winks at me and walks away.

I look down at the number on my arm and let out a sigh. I need to find Cody to tell him I found the guy. At least I know he's not dangerous. Well… the only thing that's dangerous about John is what lies concealed under his jean shorts and boxers. Enough said.

I peek my head into catering and see Zack with his hair despiked and talking with Wade and Sheamus with Nattie. I smile at them as Nattie looks at Sheamus, he smiles and says something making her giggle and blush before looking away. They are just so cute together.

Seeing no sign of Cody I start to head back towards his locker room when somebody in a hoodie walking in my direction bumps into me. I feel an envelope be slipped into my hand as they mutter an apology and stalk off. I look down at the red envelope in my hand. Another love letter. I look up to confront the person who gave me the letter but they're already gone.

Letter in hand, I walk down the hallway. This is getting ridiculous! Where is Cody when I need him?

I walk down hallway after hallway when I finally find Cody sitting on an equipment box listening to his music. I wave a hand in front of his face and he pauses his music. He takes his headphones out and I motion to the box next to him. "May I?"

"Sure." He shrugs.

"So why are you here? Why did you leave upstairs? I thought you had to tell me something?"

"It's nothing." He says playing with the earpiece in his hand. "So what did Vince want?"

"Well… remember when Ted and I kissed at the Christmas party?"
"…yeah."

"Well somebody took a picture of it and sent it to the tabloids. It was on the cover of one that Vince showed me."

Cody's eyes widened as he looked up at me. "What?!"

"Yeah. Vince asked me if there was anything going on between us and I said no."

"So now what's going to happen?"

"No idea. He didn't say anything else."

"Shit…" He says tilting his head back to rest it in the wall. "Things just get better and better, don't they?"

"Tell me about it." I frown. "Also….I got another letter."

He turns to me and raises an eyebrow. "Letter?"

I hand him the envelope with my name on the front. "I think it's Cena."

"What makes you think that?"

"He was listening to 'Love Letter' by…" I look at my arm. "The Cataracs when I bumped into him. The lyrics match what was written in the letters."

"So? Anybody could have listened to the song and wrote down the lyrics."

"But the lyrics match him. And I'm a grown man just trying to be funny. Sounds like him."

Cody grabs my arm and looks at the song title and artist along with Cena's number. "Wow. You even got his number. Lucky you." He sarcastically replies as he lets my hand drop and looks down at the envelope in his hands.

"I didn't ask for it." I argue. I turn my body towards him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He grumbles.

"You're lying. I know something is bothering you. What's wrong?"

"I just… I can't believe he gave you his number." He says. "I guess the guy just can't take a hint that you're engaged." I can tell he was trying to make a joke but I knew that wasn't what was bothering him.

"Is there something I can do to make you feel better?" I ask. I smile a little. "Maybe a kiss?"

I see a smile start to form. "That depends. Upstairs or downstairs?"

"Upstairs." I chuckle.

"Lips or cheek?"

I lean forward a little. "Up to you."

He says nothing but turns and cups my cheek with his hand and presses his lips against mine. Our kiss only lasted a moment but it was sweet. He lets his hand drop from my cheek as we pull away. He holds up the envelope and dramatically opens it making me laugh.

He pulls out the letter and reads it out loud. It says:

My Dearest Charity,

You're a saint I'm a sinner
You wanna drink wine, I got a vineyard
I'm straight but a little off centered
And it would mean the world if you wanted to enter
I'm feeling good but I need your love
Cause when it all adds up
A plus
And that's real, I'll pay for the meal
But you can do dessert, I'm lookin at your shirt,
I'm lookin at your skirt, we don't need to flirt
Baby tell me the direction to pick you up from work
I'm just a regular guy
Who's getting paid
Every single day, dancing in the rain
Baby, I'm on and I want you
I even wrote this song just to flaunt you
I love you

"Wow…" I say.

"Yeah. There's more." I give him a questioning look and he pulls out this black invitation with a mask on it and another note. He hands me the invitation. The McMahon Family welcomes you to the WWE Superstar/Diva and Alumini Masquerade Ball January 1st, 2012.

"A ball? Wow." I say.

"Yeah. Here's what the second note says,"

Charity,

This will be my final letter for I'll reveal my identity at Midnight after the ball drops for the New Year. I love you more than anything in the world and now I want a chance to tell you this in person. I just hope you'll accept me after finding out who I am.

I hope to see you there.

P.S. I'll meet you in the center of the dance floor. I'll be wearing a small red rose pinned to my jacket.

Cody looks up from the letter. "Are you gonna go?"

"I have to. I need to find out who's been sending me these letters."

"Do you still think it's Cena?" He asks.

"It has to be!" I reply. "It fits him and it makes sense."

Cody looks at me. "How?"

"That was the song playing on the radio when we were on our first date." I explain. "He'd write the lyrics to me to remind me of us and want to go back."

Looking at the letters, Cody shakes his head. "It's not him."

"Why not?"

He holds up the letter and my arm up. "The penmanship doesn't match." Looking between the two, he's right. I frown as I let out a defeated sigh.

"Dammit. I really thought I figured it out." He hands me back the letters and envelope and I put them aside.

"Don't beat yourself up. You'll just find out at the party this Sunday."

"I guess…. Wanna be my date?" I grin.

"Can't."

"Why not?" I frown.

"I already have plans that night. I'm going meet with an old friend."

"Oh…" I say. "I guess that's cool…" I look down at my hands.

"You don't mind…do you?"

"Of course not." I say shaking my head. "I'm sure I can find somebody to go with." I hop off the equipment box and pull out my phone. Scrolling through the names, I tried to think of whom to go with. There's Cena and Zack…

I can't go with Ted since that'll set off alarms in people's minds that there's something between us.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah…" I walk away a little bit and hit send. The phone rings twice before Zack picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Zack!" I greet. "What's up?"

"Not much… just in catering. What about you?"

"Well…." I look down at my feet. "I was wondering if you have a date for the upcoming Masquerade Ball?"

"Not yet. I asked Eve but she hasn't answered back yet."

"I see."

"Yeah. Aren't you going with Cody?" He asks. I look over at Cody who's listening to his music again.

"He has some stuff to do and can't make it."

"Oh. You are you going with then?"

I look down at the floor. I really hate Cody for putting me in this awkward situation. "Um… nobody yet."

"Have you asked my broski, Punk?"

"No…"

"Try him. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to go with you."

I talk to Zack a while longer until he's got to go. I scroll down my contacts to Punk's number but can't bring myself to call him. What if Beth see s us together? I know she's still a little emotional after their messy breakup. No. I can't do that too her. I scroll back up to Cena's name and bite my lip. He's my only real option. Now if only I could bring myself to call him.

"Come on Charity…" I mutter to myself. "Just do it." I look back at Cody who luckily isn't paying attention. I chicken out and text him instead. Luckily he replies almost instantly.

Me: Hey John…

John: Hey! I knew you'd call or text me ;) Have you thought about my dinner offer?

Me: Actually I wanted to talk to you about the upcoming Masquerade Ball.

John: Oh Okay. What about it?

Me: I was wondering…do you have a date for it yet?

John: Not yet. I got asked by somebody but haven't answered yet.

Me: Oh…okay….

John: Would you like to go with me? :)

Me: What about the person who asked you?

John: Trust me, she'll find somebody else to go with lol

Me: Okay….

John: So it's a date then!

Me: Yeah…see you then.

Sighing, I look at the time on the phone. It's getting closer to show time and we both need to start getting ready. I walk back towards Cody and touch his arm. He looks up at me and I signal for him to take out his ear buds. "Time to get ready."

He nods and puts away his iPod in his pocket and slips off the box before grabbing his bag next to him.
"Let's go." He smiles as he grabs my hand. I smile back and we start walking to his locker room.