Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Run Away With Me

Cody POV

I ride down to my floor and mentally yell at myself. That was my shot! I should have kissed her right then and there! The doors slide open and I just stand there.

I maul the idea over in my head for a moment before smirking. I can’t just let this be… She wanted to kiss me just as bad as I wanted to kiss her! Hitting her floor number, I smile to myself. She’s not gonna know what hit her!

I get to her floor and can barely wait long enough for the doors to open. I slip out and stride down to her room. I take a deep breath. This is it…. Raising my hand I think about what’s about to happen and knock on the door.

Charity POV

The door opens and I freeze when I hear the, oh so familiar voice from the other side. “…Ted?”

I frantically look around to put something on as a confused Cody continued. “What…I’m sorry. I must have the wrong room…. I’m looking for Charity…”

Ted starts to answer and I take the moment to try sneaking into the bathroom. In my rush, my knee hits the metal doorframe in the bathroom making a sickening sound. The guys stop talking and I bite my lip as the pain radiates through my leg. I clamp my eyes shut and try not to cry out.

‘What was that?” Cody asks.

“I…uh..” Ted stutters to answer but Cody pushes the door open and I slowly look up. The look on his face….

“Oh….” He says as a look of hurt passes over his handsome face. “I see what’s going on here…” He looks at Ted then back at me before he starts to turn away.

Forgetting the pain I straighten up. “No… Cody! This isn’t what it looks like!” He starts to walk away as Ted just stands in the doorway. I quickly snatch a robe from the bathroom and tie it around me before running out after him. “Cody!”

I follow him out into the hallway as he hurries toward the elevator. “Cody!” I call again but he starts to walk a little faster. I start to jog and he stops at the elevator and punches the button. “Cody!”

I’m a few feet away from him and he looks over to his left and hurries to the stairwell. He walks through the door and I follow. “Cody!” I yell again. Suddenly he stops and turns to face me so quickly that I almost bump into him. “What?” I’m taken back by the hostility in his voice.

“Cody… What you saw wasn’t what it looked like!” I pleaded.

“So I didn’t see you half naked in a hotel room with my shirtless best friend right after our engagement party?” He spat. The look on his face as he said that made me feel like I was only an inch tall. The hurt in his eyes killed me. Especially since I know I was the cause.

Looking away from me he continues. “Charity…What…what’s going on?” His voice lowers.

The sudden question catches me off guard. “What do you mean?” I ask.

He looks at me. “You and Ted…” He takes a breath. “I…I thought there we had something going on between us?”

“Me and you?” I ask. My heart leaps in my chest at the thought but I push those feelings aside.

“Well Yeah… I mean after tonight at the party… don’t we?”

“Cody…” I step toward him. “You waited 5 years to tell me how you really felt! You should have told me way earlier!”

“I was afraid to!” He exclaims. “ I was afraid you’d turn me down!” He takes a breath as he looks at me. “Besides, you waited 5 years to tell me who you really were! Why did you do that?”

Wrapping my arms around myself I look away and shrug. “I don’t know… I guess I just thought it’d be better just to forget the past…”

“forget the past? Why?”

“Because… it doesn’t do us any good to dwell on it…” I say quietly.

“Dwell on it? It would have restored what we had a long time ago! I thought that’s what we were doing with this whole engagement thing…”

“it’s fake engagement, Cody.”

He looks at me for a moment. “Are you sure it’s still fake? It feels pretty damn real to me at times! I mean, what about how you act when we’re together at Raw… or Smackdown…or… the party?”

“Cody! Everyone believes that we’re madly in love and engaged to be married! We’re supposed to act that way…” I rub my arms as I look away from him. “But we only have to act like that in public… In private…”

“You can date somebody else?”

I close my eyes as his words cut through me like a knife. “Well…yeah. I mean we aren’t really engaged…”

“But what if we really are madly in love?” he asks. His expression softens. “I am. I have been for a while.”

I turn away from him slightly. “Come on Cody…When we met back at OVW, you had a girlfriend. You couldn’t have been too in love with me if you had a girlfriend.”

“Really? Maybe that was my attempt to move on since I thought you were the one that got away… I mean, I hadn’t seen or heard from you in years!”

“I meant to call…” I say softly.

“But you didn’t. You were too busy…” He says disgusted. “Too busy with Kenny…and Cena…”

I walk past him silently and sit down on the stairs. This was all too much. He walks over to the stairs and stands two stairs beneath me. “But if you don’t remember, my relationship fell apart. Do you know why?”

I shake my head. “No.” I look down at my feet and he kneels on the step before me and raises my chin for me to look at him.

“Because after I met you, you seemed familiar. I talked about you nonstop. It irritated my girlfriend so she left me.”

I look into his blue eyes. “You…you talked about me?”

He smiles a little. “yeah…. I kept saying how there was something about you…something that was familiar… Now I know why.”

“why?” I ask. He gently grabs my hands and moves his thumbs over the backs of my hands. “Because you were the girl that had my heart from the beginning. I wondered why I felt nothing with all the other girls and now I know why….” He takes a deep breath before continuing. “I left my heart with you all those years ago and never really got it back…”

I feel myself tearing up over how sweet that was. If only I had known! I close my eyes and a tear runs down my cheek. “Cody…” He wipes it away and cups my cheek.

“What’s wrong?”

I move his hand and look away. “I’m dating Ted….”

“But why?”

“Because… He makes me happy.” I reply a little louder than a whisper.

“Don’t I?”

“Well yeah but…”

Standing up he stands up. “You slept together, didn’t you?”

“What?”

“Did you?” he asks.

“I’m not telling you if we did or not!” I say standing up.

He throws his hands up. “So you did…great…”

“If you must know, no we haven’t.” I say crossing my arms over my chest.

“And why not?”

“Because.”

“Because what?” He says stepping toward me. “if you like him so much, you would have by now. I know you well enough to know that.”

“I do like him a lot!” I exclaim. “We’re just…taking things slow…”

“Slow isn’t really your style.” He scoffs. “There’s something stopping you from going any further. What is it? It’s me, isn’t it?”

“Cody, this is ridiculous.” I try to walk around him but he stops me.

“It is. You feel the exact same way about me… but you’re too afraid to admit it.”

I look away. “No…”

He leans forward so his face is near mine. “No, what? No, you don’t feel the same or no, you’re not afraid to admit it?”

“This is stupid. I don’t have to answer to you.” I say looking him straight in the eye. “I’ll see you at Raw.” I push past him and walk back to the room.

I knock on the door since I left without my keycard and Ted opens the door. “Hey…” He steps aside to let me in. I walk over to the bed and sit down on the edge. Now Cody knows about Ted and I’m sure he’s going to call the whole thing off…then I’ll be fired.

Ted joins me on the bed and looks down at his hands. “While you were out… I was thinking about all this.”

I look over at him. “Okay…and?”

“And this is stressful to deal with…for both of us.”

Oh no. He’s going to break up with me too. “Yeah it is.” I nod. “I take it that you don’t want to be a part of this anymore?”

He looks at me. “What? No, I wasn’t thinking that.” He scootches a little closer and puts an arm around me. “I was actually going to say that now that the cat’s out of the bag…” He smiles. “How about you run away with me.”

“What do you mean?”

He leans in close. “What I mean is after Smackdown, we pack up our stuff, fly off to someplace, check into a hotel, and just enjoy a couple days together…alone.” He presses a kiss to my lips. “Just me and you…What do you say?”

Thinking back to my argument with Cody, my blood starts to boil. Anger at myself and him for everything that was said radiate through me. I look into his eyes and smirk. “I’d love to.”

He smiles and pulls me into a kiss. Time to let my bad girl side shine!