Status: :)

3 Steps Behind Bobby Chelemo

Meeting new faces

I looked down at my buzzing phone on my night stand that was next to me. I picked it up and the screen was bright with Kenzie’s name on it. I opened the text message. ‘B at my place by 5 for party. Wear something cute, I have a friend to introduce u to.’ I glanced at the clock that had 4:50pm, Friday plastered on it. I realized what happened. My medieval history book was lying on my pillow form when I was studying.

I must have fallen asleep while I was reading the part about the line of kings and there children and children’s children. I yawned and jumped up to my closet. I quickly pulled out the first thing that I saw. It was a simple white sleeveless dress with a black sash tied around the waste. I rapidly pulled it over my head. I looked at my hair in the mirror it was a mess of curly long brown locks that reached down to my lower back. I brushed it out and quickly straightened my bangs with a flat iron. I sprayed my dancing waters perfume on and ran down stairs.

“Going out to Kenzie’s house be back at 10” I called to my parents. My mother was in the kitchen making dinner and my father was in the living room watching football like every male did in the fall. I slipped on a pair of black flats and walked out the door. As I drove down the road I put on my make up starting with my eyeliner going to my mascara and my pink lip gloss. It was a good thing that it wasn't snowing or I would be in the ditch for sure from the way I was swerving all over the place.

I finally arrived and pulled in Kenzie’s over crowded driveway. I stepped out and ran, tripped and almost fell in the grass; looking all around to make sure no one was outside to see my disaster waiting to happen. I knocked on the green painted front door. I was greeted by an annoyed looking girl with black hair and chunky pink highlights. She wore a little pink dress that had bright blue leggings underneath.

“What the hell happened to you?” she said as she looked me up and down. “I’m late.” I said simply winking at her. She smiled and jerked me inside while wiping off smudged make up and fixing my little white dress, “well at least you look presentable.” She remarked after she finished a few more touch ups.

As we walked into her living room my eyes flashed everywhere taking in every aspect of the room that was decorated with streamers, glitter and splatter paint. The music was so loud it hurt my ears and everyone had to shout to hear each other talking. The air was stale with smoke and beer along with food, sugary drinks and illegal drugs. I pushed through the crowed of familiar faces mostly from school. I was greeted by most people, being in the popular group but not really being friends with any of them, but still treating them with kindness. I was respected for that because most of the high up kids treated common people like dirt.

I noticed Daniel at the dj station mixing up his beats and getting the mob of people all hyped up. I walked over to him dancing past faces on my tip toes swirling and twirling trying not to fall because of my in born clumsiness that made guys drop everything and try to come to my rescue. Daniel was in a black tee with jeans and a bright red hoodie. His famous jeweled bracelet around his left arm as he messed with his hat. As I drew near he pulled me over by him and half hugged me.

“Baby girl I haven’t seen you since Tuesday. Where have you been all my life.” He laughed. I smiled as we caught up on current events, including his fight with a new kid at school that got him suspended. Apparently he thought it was okay to go around calling African Americans ‘brother from another mother’ when Daniel is a brother from another mother.

I was suddenly jerked back by my arm and turned around to see my older brother Hayden standing behind me. “Nice to see you come out and have fun for a change. Too bad it took Kenzie to get you obtainable from your studying.” He laughed. He was dressed in a simple blue cotton shirt and blue jeans and had a beer in his hand. “So you’re the one who bought all the alcohol. Should have known.” I said under my breath. “Well I am 19, since last month. I don’t think you could pull it off. That, and the fact that you are not even 18 yet.” I elbowed him the chest causing him to spill his drink. “Hay!” he remarked. I smiled and went to go find Kenzie.

Kenzie was in the crowed flirting obviously with a cute guy in faded blue jeans and a white dress shirt. His hair was spiked up in the front and he wore multiple band bracelets on his wrists. I cut over to see what all the fuss was about. As he turned I saw his face. He had a striking jawline that would be perfect for kisses and conspicuous bright blue eyes. I now saw her interest.

“What is this you have found? A stray?” I asked as I approached. Allowing the new song to flow over me. Kenzie smiled and the boy turned to face me. “This is Christopher, he just transferred here with his cousin Joshua. They are the people I wanted you to meet.” She turned her head so Chris couldn't see, ‘they are both for you, pick one, or both. I have enough trouble with controlling your brother. If one seems desperate send them my way. I can handle a little flirting.’ She nudged past me and back into the crowed.

I looked back at his blue eyes and smiled. “Where is your cousin?” I questioned. He looked in the crowd but said nothing for a long moment. “Here he comes now.” He finally said his voice deep and filled with friendliness.

I glanced over what he was looking at and there was the other one walking this way with his dark hazel eyes fixed on me. He had a lean figure but I could see a frame of muscle peaking out underneath the black silk shirt he wore with dark jeans. Someone behind me, most likely drunk, shoved me and I started falling, my face turned bright pink as I knew this would be the worst moment of my life as I made a fool out of myself in front of 2 hot guys.

But instead of hitting the hard wood floor I was caught in strong arms that lifted my back up to my feet. I looked up to see both boys had caught my arms, the usual guy-save-pretty-girl reaction. I looked up and saw there eyes both fierce with jealousy over me. My face was hot and bright red as the both held me gently. “I’m so sorry. I’m accident prone…thanks for saving me.” I smiled at them they both released me.

“Nothing I’m not used to. I’m late, Joshua” he said holding out his hand. I took it and shook it giggling slightly. “Care to dance?” he asked voice like chocolate covered strawberries with the right amount of sweetness with a hint of bitterness.

He motioned to the crowed of people in front of us. His hair was long and dark brown unlike his cousin’s mess of blond curls and style. He also had a bit of stubble and wasn't clean shaven. That was dangerous for me; I tend to fall for those guys. “Um…I guess we could.” I replied and took his hand.

Just as I did, I herd sirens and someone screamed cops. I was run over my fearful teenagers and…all those other people that come to Kenzie’s parties. I was separated from my little angle boy Christopher who’s eyes stole the night and my breath, and my dark night Joshua that I strategized on gifting with many kisses before the night was over. Someone grabbed my arm and dragged me past the glitter, split drinks and drugs.

I fell over the rug and twisted my ankle badly, but the stranger pulled me up so I could lean on them and get the hell out of there and out the back door to safety. “Are you okay, you hurt your ankle pretty badly” I was a male voice. I looked up and my heart lurched out of my chest. An Asian boy with hair as black as night and sun kissed skin looked down at me. His eyes were a deep brown with concern lurking in them, it quickly turned to humor and he smirked down at me with his perfectly carved lips that made Channing Tatum look like a girl scout. “Are you checking me out?” he laughed.

I sat for a moment trying to process what was going on. I shook my head and looked away but I knew my cheeks were pink with embarrassment. He had a black t shirt with blue jeans and a dark blue aro hoodie on. Around his neck there was a long chain that had a dark gem in the shape of a wing on the end that seemed to change color every time I glanced at it.

I herd a loud bang as the back door was busted open and this boy and I jumped into the bushes behind us. “My car, they will know I was here.” I whispered, and then I realized that it was Hayden’s car because mine was in the shop. I snickered at this, because he deserved to get busted. The cops looked around but found nothing so they went back inside. The guy pulled me to my feet and helped me to the sidewalk. “Where do you live?” he asked looking around. I gave him a look that said I’m not telling a stranger. “You’re not getting home in your car and you can’t walk so I will have to take you home.” He had a point, even though I got a weird vibe off of him. “Two blocks from here, on south bridge street.” I replied.

A half an hour later of limping and occasionally falling but being caught, we arrived at my blue door. “I guess I should say thanks for saving my ass back there I owe you one” I said smiling, trying to look appealing even though I knew I looked like I rolled in a dumpster and was attacked by rabid dogs. My dress was covered in dirt and in shreds and my hair was sticky with sweat and the make up I had on was smudged and I smelled like smoke. “I will be remembering that for later. You’re welcome by the way.” He said and started to walk away. “Wait! I didn't get your name!” I called. He stopped but didn't look back. “Bobby, Bobby Chelemo.” He said flatly. “I’m-“ he cut me off. “I know who you are, Kairya. Everyone dose.” He detained, leaving me alone on my doorstep.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't know where i'm going with this story...open for suggestions :)