I Don't Care What You Are, You'll Always Be Mine

the move

Gerard's POV

So this was really it. I would never see Chicago again. I was finally going back to New Jersey, and leaving Chicago. I had lived in NJ when Mikey, my little brother, and I were kids. Up until I was 13, and Mikey was about to turn 10. Dad says this is the last time we'll ever move too. I mean, it'll be nice not to move again, but I've been in Chicago for 4 years and already made good friends. Okay, scratch that, ONE good friend. Bert. We were, the kind of people… that no one hung out with. Why? Well, lets see if you can guess. We were boyfriend and boyfriend. We broke up a few weeks ago, but that was the least of my problems at the moment. The biggest problem was thinking about all the people at Belleville that hated my guts. I was emo. I was gay. Why wouldn't they hate me? And just for that, I get the worst reputation. For being the gay emo kid who, instead of befriending, gets to be the stress reliever for everbody. Fun job, right? Ya. Good times. You know, I think I use too much sarcasm now… but then again, who doesn't. I also used to have a bad habit of cutting… hence the scars that are forever on my arms. I told Mikey a couple months ago to hide them and NEVER EVER leave me alone with them. Or else we would have a big blood stain on the floor. Not exactly the sight your mom would like to see when she comes home from a long day of work.

So anyways, we all piled into the car and dad was piling everything else into the truck. I watched as the house disappeared out of sight as we drove away. I couldn't get over the feeling that I would never see the permanent burn marks from past toaster incidents on the wall again, or my room that was completely dark. I almost cried because of it. I had grown so attached to that place, that it was hard to leave. I shrugged off the feeling and slowly drifted off to sleep.

~*~TIME LAPSE~*~

"Boys? Wake up. We're home" My mom shook us awake. "Welcome to New Jersey." She grinned. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, as Mikey popped out of the car and ran inside with his boxes of stuff. He had some friends waiting for his arrival and he was excited to see them again.

Bob Bryar, Ray 'The Fro' Toro, and a girl that he has had a crush on forever named Alicia. I just barely remember her giving Mikey a "goodbye kiss" and he almost fell over with embarrassment. I had to carry him out to the car. Speaking of Mikey, I think he is probably the BEST kid brother a person could have. He didn't mind that I was gay or emo. Neither did my parents, thank god. He also is my only friend. We do almost everything together, which is why I'm still sane. But, like any other human being, he has his flaws… for example, he seems to have the abnormal habit of putting forks in toasters. Mom always tries to reassure us he'll grow out of it, but… oh he never will. Its been 6 years. Don't ask how he got this obsession, but he did. I hope the one he marries can put up with buying a new toaster every week or so… Oh yes, and then there's the whole… uh, unicorn thing. All I can say is… that it's a phase, I guess you can call it. Mikey would kill me if I went into detail.

I grabbed my stuff from the truck and ran down the stairs to the basement, where my new room was. Or old room, is should say. We got our old house back. Yippee. Oh look, more sarcasm. Well, the room was pitch black, except for that small window that allowed a limited amout of sunlight in the room, which I had no problem with.

"GERARD! COME UPSTAIRS PLEASE!" my dad called. I ran up the stairs and sat at the table with everyone else, meaning me, my dad, my mom and Mikey.

"So boys. About school." He said. My stomach did flip flops. Please don't say Belleville.. PLEASE DON'T SAY BELLEVILLE…

"You're attending BelleVille. You're old school Gerard." Mom smiled at me.
I forced a smile back.
"Heh… yay…" I said sarcastically.

Crap.