I Don't Care What You Are, You'll Always Be Mine

Dakota

Hailey's POV

A week later I sat at a park bench all by myself. No one around me, no one here. Just me.

"Hailey...?" I heard a soft voice behind me. I lifted my head up and whirled around.
"Frank...?" I stood up. "No... go. Get away..." I began slowly backing away.
"I'm sorry... I really am Hailey... I never meant to kill her..." He came out from the bushes and collapsed on the ground. He looked horrible. His skin was completely white and his eyes were bloodshot. Extremely bloodshot and under his eyes were dark circles.
"Frank... are you okay...?" I steped towards him cautiously. He tried to get back up as he shook his head, and fell back down.
"No... I'm not..." His voice was hoarse. "Its been a week since I bit Gabby, Hailey. That was the last time I ever fed on any blood..." He croaked. A wave of guilt overcame me at that moment. "I'm slowly dying Hailey... I'll never hurt anyone again..."

"I forgive you."
"What"
"I said I forgive you for killing her. It wasn't your fault, you couldn't see it was her in the dark and she kinda deserved it..." I shrugged.
"What do you mean? I thought she was your girlfriend..."
"She was. But a few days before we met you I found out she was cheating on me, I was planning on breaking up with her. The way she acted all innocent and sweet towards me sickened me..." I frowned. "You kinda saved me some trouble." Frank stared at me with is red eyes.

"You don't hate me?"
"Dude, you hid the fact you were a freakin vampire. I understand that." I said helping him up onto the bench. He smiled.
"Thanks Hailz. So, now what are you gonna do?"

"Well, that can wait. I wanna know how your weekend went with your boyfriend."
"Oh... Yeah, well, I kinda cancelled it. I told him to wait because it wasn't the best time..." He frowned.

"Oh... I'm sorry Frank. Well, maybe he can come this weekend?"
"Nah.." He shook his head. "He can't see me like this..."

"Well go get some... medicine or whatever vampires need when they're sick."

"Blood?"
"Yeah. that."

"I will. Later. Anyways... hows life been since Gabby...well, y'know." He changed the subject.

"Easier, I can tell you that, but now I have a huge crush on a girl from school..."

"Oh? And who is she?"
"Dakota. Dakota Carter. We're close friends, but I'm afraid she'll get weirded out if I tell her I like her in that kind of way..."

Frank sighed. "And this is how Gerard and I started out..." He shook his head. "I just told him. Just went up to him and said 'I love you'."
"And what happened?"
"Well, I kissed him. And he kissed back obviously. Now, we're boyfriends." He grinned. "I miss him a lot, but I'm only here for two more months I think. I hope."

"So... what you're saying is... I should just tell her?" Frank nodded.
"Go do it when you see her next. Now if you'll excuse me... I have some blood I have to drink. I feel like I'm going to pass out soon." He got up and began to wobble away. I laughed at the way he walked. By the time he was gone it was almost 1 in the afternoon, and I had thought about what he said. 'Go do it when you see her next' He had told me. So thats what I'm going to do.

~* TIME LAPSE *~

"Hi Dakota..." I said sheepishly. I was standing at her door, in the middle of a saturday, about to tell her something that could change everything.

"Uh, Hi Hailey. Why are you here? I figured you'd be at home all day. Like usual." She laughed, flipping her neon blue and white bangs out of her midnight blue eyes. "Helloooo earth to Haileyyyy!" She waved a hand in front of my face. "You in there?"
"Huh? Oh, uh, yeah. Just thought I would, y'know, stop by. Say hello..." I said awkwardly as I made my way into the living room.

"No, really. Why are you here Hailz. You never leave the house on a weekend." She giggled again. Oh god that giggle...

"I have to tell you something Dakota..." I took in a deep breath.

"What is it?" She asked curiosily. I stared at her snake bites as she said it. I can never look at her directly when I'm talking to her.

"How would you feel if... one of your best friends had a small crush on you..."

"Uh, depends on the person I guess...? why?" She sat beside me.

"Dakota I think I... I think I love you..."