I Don't Care What You Are, You'll Always Be Mine

Early Sunsets over Monroeville.

Gerard's POV

Frank Iero was gay? And he has a boyfriend too. Dang.

"…I'm glad he's out of my life!"

But now that he's gone… that means he single!

"So… why are you here? I thought you moved to Chicago." He asked.

"Oh, ya, well, we moved back! Yippee…" I replied. Frank thought for a moment and put out his hand.

"Here, let me see your schedule. I wanna see what classes we have together."

I placed the schedule in his hand. As he looked at it, I studied him. He looked a lot different now. His skin was so pale, he could blend in with snow, and his eyes, which were still hazel, were almost glowing… Over his eyes he had drawn red 'X's and his hair was short and blonde on the side, and had long black hair covering his left eye.

"huh, we have the same classes together." Frank finally said.

"What? Are you serious?" I was shocked.

"Yep. Even our free period!"

Mikey, who I completely forgot was here, finally said something.
"Okay, I'm going to 1st period. I don't know about you guys, but I don't wanna be late!"

As he turned away I immediately began to blush. Frank and I had the same classes together. Every single day.

Frank's POV

As soon as Mikey left, there was a brief awkward silence. Okay, not brief, it was very long. Too long for that matter. It carried on until I decided it was time to break the silence.

"So, Gerard, wanna skip today?" He looked up from the ground and smiled.
"Gladly! We can go to my house." He said. I nodded, and followed him. It was almost October, and I was starting to get cold, so I decided to zip up my Misfits hoodie.

It was about a ten minute walk to his house. Gerard led me inside, and sat down on the couch. I looked around the quiet house.

"Aren't your parents home?" I asked. Gerard shook his head.

"Nope. Both got full time jobs." He picked up the TV remote and turned the TV on to a Misfits music video.

"I LOVE THE MISFITS!" I hadn't even realized I said that out loud until Gerard turned to me and grinned.
"Nooo REALLY?" He said sarcastically and laughed. I laughed with him. I guess it was obvious. I had been singing some of their songs on the way over here, and was wearing a Misfits hoodie after all. I sat down beside him as he decided to flip through the channels.

"…soap opera…stupid crap….programming crap…PBS crap… soap opera crap… crap…crap… crap…" He muttered as he changed channels.

"Uh, why do you guys have PBS?" I raised an eyebrow. Gerard froze.

"Um, Mikey kind of watches it when nothing else is on…" I couldn't help but smile a little. I could just imagine Mikey watching Arthur, and I just noticed the Scooby doo cases on the floor.

"Are those Mikey's too?" I laughed. Gerard shook his head.
"Nope, 7 year old cousins'."

"wow. They have better taste then Mikey." We both laughed and started to talk over the Smashing Pumpkins CD he had put in for about an hour or two. Until Gerard stood up.

"So, Frank. You hungry?" He said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Uh sure I guess." I nodded. There was about 3 minutes of silence, until it was broken by the shattering of glass and Gerard wailing in pain. There was a distinct scent that I have smelled many times before. Crap. I ran to the kitchen and saw two broken plates. Gerard must have dropped them on accident. As my eyes scanned the room, I saw Gerard lying on the ground, clutching his foot. It had a large wound from a piece of glass, and it was covered in blood. My eyes shot open at the sight of the blood. I felt a burning sensation in my throat, and I knew what was going to happen next. I bolted and locked the bathroom door, hyperventilating. I relaxed and looked in the mirror. My eyes were already starting to lose their bright hazel color and were turning to a bright red instead. My fangs started to grow longer and sharper.

"Fraaaank!" I heard Gerard cry from the kitchen. I felt a pang of guilt as I heard him wail again. "FRAAAANK!" I couldn't just leave him out there. But I also couldn't let him see me like this. I frantically looked around, and grabbed a scarf and sunglasses. What they were doing in the bathroom, I have no idea… but I put them on anyways.

I rushed back to the kitchen.

"okay, I'm back."
"Why are you wearing a scarf.."

"uh, the smell of blood makes me sick."
"…and the sunglasses?"

"Just let me bandage your foot!" I snapped and Gerard obeyed. He winced as I carefully pulled out the glass and wrapped the cloth tightly around his wounded foot. I got my fingerless skeleton gloves covered blood. Great. Just great.

By the time I had cleaned everything up, I ran back to the bathroom and took off the scarf and glasses. My eyes had returned to the hazel color and the fangs were slowly sliding back in. I sighed in relief and calmly walked back out to the living room. But, I was stopped by a beautiful voice though.

"late dawns and early sunsets…
Just like my favorite scene….

Then holding hands and life was perfect

Just like up on the screen…"

I heard a loud creak. Crap. I had stepped on a squeaky floor board, and Gerards head turned quickly over to me. If I wasn't a vampire, my face would be a bright red. All I could do was give a small smile and sheepish laugh.

"Was that you singing just now Gerard?" I asked, sitting down beside him.

"Nooo it wasn't me Frank. It was the wall! Of course it was me singing." There was that sarcasm of his again. Our eyes met for a brief 5 seconds and I felt like I was floating. His eyes were a beautiful hazel color. Gerard and I both blinked and realized what had happened and we both looked away immediately. As soon as I turned my head, I smiled and pulled a pillow over my lap. When I turned, I notice he had done the same. We looked at each other and laughed.