Status: Discontinued, but look out for new stories soon.

It's All About Reputation.

Detention isn't always so bad..

I exited the building as quickly as possible, practically slamming the front doors of the school closed behind me. I needed to get-the-fuck out of this place. I stormed out of school grounds and stopped just outside of the gate, searching for my lighter and pack of cigarettes. I swear they were in here just before school...

"Uh.. Jamie?" I dropped my bag to the floor, startled, as I heard a familiar voice speak my name softly. The 5 books in my bag then seemed to spill onto the ground as my bag hit the floor, along with my purple lighter.

"Fuck." I muttered, dropping to my knees and picking up the books quickly and shoving them in my bag. Alexander bent down and picked up my purple lighter and then helped me back up. "Thanks, Alexander." I said, avoiding eye contact with the raven haired boy. He laughed softly.

"It's no problem. Looking for a smoke by any chance?" He asked, looking at my face and catching my eyes for a second too long. I nodded and a smile fell on my lips.

"Yes please. I'm dying for one." I spoke quietly, a small smile still remaining on my face as he passed me a cigarette and I pressed it to my lips, as he did with his. He clicked my little purple lighter and I watched the flame suddenly appear and dance around, gently. He started by lighting his and then lighting mine for me, our faces closer together than any two straight guys would probably get. "Thank you." I whispered after taking in the smoke from the cancer stick and exhaling. "So, what brings you to my school gate?"

"Well, seeing as you woke me up this morning with the surprise call, I figured I'd surprise you by turning up here." Alexander said, sweetly. I smiled up at him as he continued talking. "I got some really weird looks by the kids coming out of school, you know? It was hilarious. Why were you so late?" He asked, curiosity dripping from his words.. He'd.. Waited for me?

"You earned me a detention. Thanks for that, by the way. I spent an hour sharpening fucking pencils." I said, glaring at Alexander and desperately trying to hide my smile. At this point I realized I was nervously shifting my feet a lot too.

"Shit really? I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to get you in trouble, Jamie." He apologized quickly. I laughed at his desperation for forgiveness.

"Don't worry about it. The cancer-stick was more than enough for me to forgive you." I said with a small smile, causing a smile to fall upon Alexander's lips too.

We began walking home together, talking about music, comics, parties and horror movies... The walk was filled with a beautiful silence, even though the words we had been sharing were out loud. They were empty words, like facts we simply wanted the other to learn about us. Eventually, we didn't have anything else to talk about. We'd covered the basics and I'd found out that Alexander's favourite colour was crimson, his favourite drink was coffee, his addiction was nicotine and he adored music and art. Alexander was an artist, both musically and in art.. We also shared the same tastes in music, movies and comics.. We were alike, but our differences defined us. Alexander has a phobia of needles, whereas my addiction for piercings and tattoo's were known (and clearly visible) to the world. I liked the fact that every tattoo was permanent and mine. It was something nobody could take from me.

We reached my street just as we ran out of things to say to one another. We'd covered everything apart from what I'd been dying to ask him since we'd began talking. Ask him. He won't mind! My head urged me on and before I'd even thought about what I was saying I blurted it out.

"How did you know you were gay?"

A knowing smile fell on Alexander's lips as the words exited my lips and crashed into the open air. He pulled a few funny faces as he searched his brain for the perfect answer. "Honestly?" He asked, to which I replied with nodding quickly. "I never labelled my sexuality before high school.. But my first kiss, which was with a girl, made me certain that I was gay. I almost puked. I just sort of.. figured it out. You know? I was given the answer to my question.. All I needed to do was accept it." Alexander said, both of us erupting into tears and fits of laughter.

See? There's nothing wrong with being gay.. Now all you need is to find the answer to your question... Maybe it's closer than you think, Jamie. My head whispered, gently dragging me from my fits of laughter. Alexander's eyes caught mine and he nervously looked from my eyes to the ground and back.

"What.. Uh. What're you?" He asked nervously.

Don't lie to him.. Tell him the truth.

The truth? How stupid would I sound if I answered with 'I don't know'? I thought for a while about how to respond. I even zoned out for a couple of seconds..

"...James? Hello? Jamie? You in there?" Alexander asked. I moved my gaze from the ground up to him and nodded. "You going to answer me, Love?" He asked again, laughing.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I'm st.. I'm straight. Yeah." I said, completely unsure of myself. I looked down again only to hear Alexander sigh and I looked up at his pale face in time to catch him sighing. "I need to go.. I have.. Things to do." I spoke, more confidently this time.

"Yeah, sure. I totally knew that.. I'll text you though, okay? But not while you're in class. I promise." Alexander laughed.

"Sure. It was nice seeing you."

"Bye. I'll text you." Alexander finally said before flashing me a small smile and walking down the opposite road to mine. I let go of the breath I had been holding and began walking down my street, not turning to watch him leave and kicking a few stones on the ground along the way. That could of been.. Worse. Right? It could of ended more awkwardly or something.. He could of ended up kissing me or something. That'd be worse. At least one thousand times worse..

You're an idiot. My head whispered.

"Yeah? Well you're the one who froze the second he mentioned my sexuality." I said, quite loudly.

Calm down.. Don't shoot the messenger, Kid. Just because you're too much of a wimp to admit you like him doesn't mean you should be blaming me... That little voice replied, spitefully.

"I don't need to calm down. I'm fine. And I don't like Alexander!" I shouted, clutching my head and looking up to the sky. I took a few deep breaths before deciding it'd probably be best to actually go inside. The sky had started to dim slightly and the air had suddenly turned cold.. Or at least, it seemed suddenly, unless I just had been too caught up in my thoughts to notice it. I sighed and walked up my front yard and through the front door, then practically running up the stairs, two at a time.

As I entered my room, I felt my phone buzz against my leg, notifying me that I had received a text. I opened the message.

'Hey.. Were you, uh, talking to yourself? - Alexander ox'

I turned around to face my door and hit my head against it, laughing lightly.

'No... That'd be weird... Jamie ox.'

Oh dear, I can tell my new friendship with Alexander will be fun, I thought as I entered my house and made my way up the stairs and to my bedroom, a smile plastered across my face for the first time in a long time.

'Who said weird is bad? I think it's cute. :) - Alex ox'

Maybe Alexander would be good for me.

Maybe? My head asked, curiously.

"Maybe." I replied to myself, still smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maybe I forgot an update..
Sorry, guys. I posted eventually!
Here's a treat, though.

https://soundcloud.com/somuchforsilence

Check out my music! Until next time, my lovelies.
-Abby.