Status: Discontinued, but look out for new stories soon.

It's All About Reputation.

Smiling is dangerous.

It's amazing how one person can change your view on life within meeting and talking to you for little over 3 days. Somehow though, Alexander had managed. That night, the last thing I remembered was the smile still plastered on my face after hours of texting Alexander. The next morning, the first thing I noticed was a sleepy smile still looming over my lips. I had got up smiling, got dressed smiling, I even greeted my mother cheerily before exiting the house and practically skipping down the road, still smiling.

The day progressed and my smile refused to falter. Ray had at one point asked what had gotten into me and I could only reply with a scattered explanation of meeting some new hot chick yesterday and having an instant connection with her. Ray laughed at me, scruffing my hair and joking that he was starting to worry I was gay from the lack of female attention I had been receiving lately. I laughed, too, but simply because of how amazing I had been feeling.

The school day ended quicker than it usually seemed to and Ray met me by my locker, talking about his date with Jessica on Saturday and asking me about tips for what to wear and how to 'play' the date. "How about playing it 'straight' Please ignore the pun.' I said with a small giggle as we exited our school through the main doors and proceeded to walk across the school grounds.

"Oh, ha ha. You're one to talk. You're the campiest one out of our group." Ray said, shoving my shoulder and almost pushing me into a tree.

"Hey! Just because I'm small doesn't make me gay! Or so that you can push me around!" I spoke, loudly, shoving Ray and running away from him and out of the huge school gates, straight into someone. "Oh! I'm s-sorry." I said, giggling still and looking back behind me to see if Ray was far behind.

"Jamie? Who's your friend?" His voice asked, causing me to suddenly look into the green eyes of the one and only Alexander Lock, his smile radiating and sending me into a daze. I continued to look up to him as I heard Ray approach behind me.

"James? Who's this guy?" He asked, a strange look on his face as he looked Alexander up and down and then returned his gaze to me. I took a step back from Alexander, but my smile remained as I turned to Ray.

"His name is Alexander. Lock. He's.. A friend of mine." I said, looking at him in admiration. Alexander winked at me and I watched Ray's face twist in disgust out of the corner of my eye. Be careful James.. My head whispered, but I quickly shunned the voice from my mind and continued the introductions. "Alexander, this is Ray and Ray, this is Alexander." Alexander and Ray nodded at one another and exchanged a pleasant 'Nice to meet you', even though Ray's face was still twisted with a hatefulness.

"We actually met by making out and James coming onto me at Bob's party last weekend." Alexander laughed, pushing me gently. I laughed in return. Ray didn't. I said be careful, James. Don't push Ray, Jamie.. Just.. Don't. The voice in my head whispered once again, but I was having far too much fun to even take notice of it. "Not to worry though, it was just a drunken mistake on Jamie's part. Though I can't say I minded too much." Alexander said, winking once again. I giggled at his words, but Ray never cracked a smile at either of us. His face only continued to twist in anger and disgust.

"Wait, you're actually gay?" Ray asked, looking ready to break Alexander. This isn't good, James. Not at all. A silence enveloped the conversation for a few awkward seconds before Alexander replied.

"Yeah. I'm proud of it too. Is there some sort of problem with me being gay, Ray?" Alexander said, looking all but amused by Ray's sudden outburst.

"Yes, actually. James, I swear you can only make friend's now who are faggots. It's pathetic. Can't you see how far down the popularity scale you've just jumped? I can't believe you. Honestly, I fucking can't." Ray said, laughing. "I'm leaving now. James, you can either come with or stay here with this faggot. Make your choice." Ray said, spitting at Alexander's feet, turning his back to us and leaving. I looked up at Alexander, his face no longer one of anger, but now one of sadness. I couldn't imagine how he was feeling. Hug him, Jamie. He's upset.. Poor thing. My head whispered. Alexander's eyes moved from the floor up to meet my gaze, a single tear rolling down his cheek and causing my heart to break at the sight.

"... I. I'm sorry, Alex." I whispered to him before turning and walking quickly after Ray. You're a terrible person, James. I'm ashamed of you. "Yeah, I know you are. I am too." I whispered before catching up to Ray.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, fair warning, these chapters may seem short now, but as we progress and get into the story, they get longer. A lot longer.
Bare with me on this guys, thing's are heating up.
- Abby. xox