Status: Initiated - Phase 2

Clip-On Personalities!

A Discovery:

Maybe I should not have? Yet, I had done it. Just that I did not know, what it was I found. Clip-On Nails. Just like the once, I had seen in the store, where they sell make-up, and the like. In the store, these commonly are sold with a special 'Nail-Glue'. In this case, I had found no such glue. I don't know why.

Maybe it should have concerned me? Maybe I should have worried? I should have left them, where I found them. Just scurried out. Leaving it, as I found it. Never to leave a trace of my incursion? Once I had picked up the package, looking at it, I had left a mark. I can't make it undone.

I had left her room, carrying, what I had found with me. Never imagining, there was to be consequences. How could there be? Maybe I'm too young to grasp it?

For several days, I had but looked at them, marvelled at what I had found. Wondering exactly what they were, what they were actually good for?

Only late at the Friday night, I had finally gotten around to open the package. Looking inside. Then I did, what I shouldn't have done.

At first, nothing happened. I had noticed that they stick to my nails, as I press them into position. As if they had been laced with the glue? Yet, I had seen no sign of such a glue. I had found no trace of it.

The only thing they was to stick to, are my nails. Only in the proper order, too. Aside from that, they did fit perfectly. Too good, if you asked me. Yet, it's too late to ask now. They all stick to my nails.

Not sure, what had fascinated me at first, or why I had even noticed them. Why had I picked them up? Yet, here I am, wearing them. Or, is 'Wearing', the right word? It's as if they were part of my nails, there is no way of telling them apart. They did not come off, what ever I tried.

Maybe that was good, if I had indeed intended to use them in the first place? Now, that is a different matter, isn't it? I had not intended to wear them. I just had toyed with the idea, to try them on, to see, how they were to fit.

Maybe I can claim, that I like the looks of them? Not that it had made a difference, how well my nails had been cut down, or not. If they were even, or not. Now it is, as if they are part of me, as if they are my nails.

Perfectly formed, which would set me apart, nails are never quite this well formed. They are never this even. Bending evenly around the tip of my fingers. It's as if they were bending the finger-tips after themselves, rather then the other way around. It's not a question, it's a statement. I can't deny it.

There are no other changes, none I could possibly see, none I could feel, or detect in any other way. It's just the tips of my fingers, from the last joint, and outwards. Nothing else, and nothing more. Maybe they are too effeminate for me. Considering my are.

They had been in my sisters room, as if they belonged to her. I can't know if they were in fact hers, but since they are in her room, I had to assume they were. She may have acquired them, in the same manner I had? How'm I to know. Who'm I to say? I did not care. Now they are part of me, they are me.

I had staid on my room, since I tried the nails on. It's why I even looked at them, at the time. Since none was to discover me. I had been up, for about an hour, after.

I had been examining my nails. They are an inch long, exactly, the thumb nails, that is. The other nails are exact and proportional to them. It does look good, I had to confess, to myself. I'm not reddy to face anyone else, right now. Though I had not taken the time, trying whole-hearted, to take them off. They had to be removable?

I like the looks, not just that they are even, they are clear, shiny. Glass clear, if you are into the exact details? The surface is smooth as glass. Maybe a bit on the slippery side. They did not bend, breaking, no way. Good thing I wasn't a nail biter. Maybe I had managed to ruin them?

I ended up in bed, reading, before I turned the light over my bed off. I fell asleep, soon after. Dreaming of sneaking back into her room, apparently? When and where I had found the nails. Was I to leave them, where I had found them? I can't recall. It's but a dream. You had to wake up, from the dream, in order to recall it. Didn't you? At least, it's what I had figured. I never recall any dreams, but the once I wake up from. That's the last dream of the night.

Maybe this had all been a dream. It is impossible, isn't it? Either way, in the end, I did wake up. Early in the morning. I still do lay in my very own bed. Of that I'm certain.