Status: Initiated - Phase 2

Clip-On Personalities!

Another Tomorrow:

Ofcause the day passed by. It had to, like all other days before it. I had enjoyed the gift, and the moment that came with it.

I know she enjoyed what changes came with it. Not just the changes in my appearance. Maybe these only allowed her to see, what she had desired to see all along? Sometimes changes are required, for you to see the blessing you have before you? Maybe this was just but such a change?

None seems to notice, or react on my changes? Maybe they had not been looking? Did they have better things to see, or just did not care?

The changes to my face, as plain as day, and not a cloud on the sky. There is no way to miss it.

When it came to the changes to my hands, it's so much more then the looks. It's in how I handle things. I use my hands every day. I make good use of them.

I had been graceful before, and I handle things well, but, it's just another grace, and another way of moving, but, I am forever changed.

This change, only affected my hands, and my face, or did it? I noticed no other changes, at the time I slipped the nails on. I'm aware of no further changes, later. Why should there be, or am I missing it?

Only now, it is her birth day, tomorrow. I realised, I had completely forgotten all about it, until now. It's almost too late, but I did have these few hours, while the store still is open. I'm going to make good of it.

They have so many funny things. Interesting, curious, or just plain exciting, wouldn't you think? With that, I had entered the store. Browsing, for what I hoped, she would enjoy.

I had been looking at, what garments they had, but decided against it. Not sure why, but I'm certain, they would just not quite be it. I can't explain, but it's not important. I had just passed the section.

I had passed the make-up section, with all the interesting make-up they had on display. These just wouldn't cut it, even if they promised to be the best. Something was missing. Besides, the colours just wasn't quite right, either. Or, is this another excuse to pass this section, along with the previous?

I know she isn't wearing jewellery, so I did not even bother with that. Why even take the time to look? How ever good they were, or how ever cute, or beautiful? Well crafted, or not. I passed that up, not even casting the first glance, let alone the second, or third.

In the end, I had ended up, in the section for what appeared to be leather. It's what I saw, but who's to say?

I had found, what was to look like a bracelet? There was also a necklace. Maybe I could combine them into a set? I wasn't about to ask. I had to make this, on my own, so I ended up, improvising. Then, I found, what I'm looking for.

I guess, I had to find it, in the end. How ever long it may take. Though I'd be sad, had I missed the closing time. I have only so much time. Besides, I only have so much to give.

Looking closer, it's lacking a buckle. Neither of them had any. Maybe I should have stopped right there, or it's what I know you would have. Only now, maybe due to being short on time, I still picked it up. Looking closer. I had found, what I thought was just the right colour, the right hue, it all made sense to me.

I compared with myself, figuring this should be just her size, wouldn't it? Thinking she'd be only too happy, finding the buckles lacking. I think, she isn't too keen on them. Not even, when you think there should be? With that, I had, what I'm looking for. I move towards the exit. It's time.

This is, when I hear the voice on the speakers, announcing, it was closing in on the closing time. How convenient. Yet, I had forgotten all about checking the price. How embarrassing, if I couldn't afford, what I had chosen for my sister? Then, there is but the single matter to attend to, the final detail, and completing the deal. With that, I approach the girl at the exit.

“Can I have a gift wrapped box, with this?” I asked, as I'm about to pay for, what I'm buying.

“Certainly!” she said, with her usual smile, even if it's the first time I saw it, since I had not been shopping in this store before.

“You have one in polished, red?” I asked.

“Yes. But ofcause!” she replied.

“Good,then I'll have that too!” I continued.

With that, she slipped the gift into the gift box I had requested, with the smile on her lips. Maybe this was just as much her personality, shining through, as the professional smile, she was required to put on, all her work day. I don't know, but, it just looks too natural, to be a purely business smile.

“Thanks!” I finished, as I pay, before I left.

“You're quite welcome. Have a nice day!” she said, as I left.

Ofcause she meant it, it's the kind of girl she is. I really hope to see more of her. And girls, just like her. It's the feeling she gave me.