Status: comment for chapters

Caged Bird.

PRELUDE

When Ayla was young, barely four years old, she was the most protected child in her neighborhood. Her big brother would barely let her try to ride a bike alone. Ayla was loved, not that it changed with her age. Her parents still loved her and mostly allowed her free mind to chose her education. Her brother loved her help, she always helped him with food and money when he was in need.

You see, her brother Jack, had made some stupid choices in his teenage life that kept haunting him in his adult life. At the age of twenty-five he now barely had a dollar to himself. He owed money to some gang for drugs. Ayla knew about him owing money for drugs, but not to whom. Jack never dares to tell her, it could bring her in danger. He never told any member of the gang about his family, he would lie.

But people like these men observe and find out. If they want something they will take any course of action to get it. They don't care about love or family protection, they only care about money.

When people do not have a clue that they are being observed they do not do anything differently. We do our daily routine the same way we did it yesterday. Some might find it weird if they see the same guy looking at them in five different stores, but most people actually do not notice it is the same. Maybe we forget, or maybe sometimes we do not take any notice of our surroundings.

When you are as free as a bird as Ayla was, you do not notice anything. And you do not do the same thing everyday, she did different things. She was a free spirit barely 18, she had already moved out getting an apartment renting from her uncle and aunt. She was a clever girl and had a spare job beside her education. Sometime she had late work hours.

It is funny how your life can change with a sudden blink of an eye, fate is a funny thing that always change. It is like it plays with people and throw the out in a situation they would not expect. Your life can turn upside down with the simplest and most innocent line.

"Excuse me, do you know time it is?"
♠ ♠ ♠
this is a new story I'm working on, it's an original fiction that is about gangs, mafia and strange love. it's a kind of serie I've decided to call "Carpe Diem" but the stories in the serie has actually not much to do with each other, it's different stories in how to "Carpe Diem" seize the day, catch the moment before it's too late.

hope you will like this one, I'm looking forward to work on it :)