Status: Enjoy. Slow Updating.

Half Breed

000 Prologue: Origins of Creation and Fire

Blood stained the ground, cries filled the night air, and the protector of the battle had long since been slain. Angels and Demons, weakened and wounded, had begun to return to their domains. Leaving the human world to be left with the aftermath of the fearsome battle of Heaven and Hell...a stalemate had long been reached. The kings of Hell had bowed down to the kings of Heaven, only by the agreement of one condition: Angels and Demons NEVER interbreed!
The origins of the creations of prophecies had long been told; Children of the Creator and the children of the Fire will unite together to create twin weapons that will bring down the highest power,
The great battle was fought for many days and many nights, until the Archangel Michael was cut down by Azazel himself. The creator, who was struck by the death of his greatest warrior, lashed down upon the battle itself, ravaging the unsuspecting Children of the Fire. Thus resorting to the white flag of the Fire's Children to the Creator's Children. For many centuries the Children followed their word of honor, never straying out of line of the treaty. Until one Child of the Creator and one Child of the Fire could no longer resist the temptation...

Crowley dodged the street lights as he strolled through the human city of Boston, Massachusettes, his heart pounding as adrenaline flowed through his veins. His black jacket did nothing to hide the cold air of the January breeze. He followed the neon lights of the human bars infront of him, eyes scanning the crowd of low beings for his Angel. Golden eyes, over lined with black, caught sight of long, beautiful golden hair. A simple white dress covered her hour glass figure and ivory skin.
He stepped through the crowd and placed his hand on her hip, feeling her heat radiate through him. She turned around and her eyes caught his in a smoldering gaze. His right index finger ran across her high cheek bones, tracing her full bottom lip and tilting her head upwards so their lips were aligned. She leaned into him and wrapped her arms around his waist. Crowley leans his lips her ear, parting his lips to speak, "Hello, my sweet Angelica." He prepared himself for her kiss. Only to feel her pull away and glare up at him.

"Really? Well, hello DeMONE." She pursed her full lips and narrowed her grey eyes at him. Crowley threw his hands upwards, stepping backwards from her.
"What!?
"Nothing." She turned on her heel and made her way towards the inside of the human bar.
"Woah now, don't go all PMS on me!" He followed her into the bar, grabbing her upper arm. She jerked it free and made her way to a small table in the back. Sitting down and crossing her legs, her arms folded over her chest. Crowley sat down across from her, his eyes still hazed with confusion, "What is your problem?" He asked, waving a tall, lanky waiter down.
"Angelica? You couldn't have been more creative? Seriously, you have lived for more than one thousand years and ANGELICA is the best you can do!?"
"Oh, and what? You're some creative genius who came up with DeMONE!" The waiter stopped at their table and frpze, his eyes scanning over 'Angelica's' legs. Crowley caught the look and jumped from the table and pinned the waiter's arm behind his back, "Two drafts please, and keep your filthy, beady little eyes off my Angel. Understand? Thanks, on you go." He patted his head and pushed him towards the bar. 'Angelica' smiled at him and gently touched his arm.
"Why my avenging hero, how nice." She smiled sweetly at Crowley. They sat staring at eachother for a few heart beats, eyes never leaving the others'. Crowley felt his pulse quicken and fire spread through his cursed veins. "For you, my love, I'd do anything.":
She leaned forward slightly, allowing her arms to hold her as she peered into his eyes. "You claim that you would do anything. Does that mean anything?" An almost devious smirk danced across her lips.
A soft smirk was mirrored on Crowley's face, "Switching cards aren't we, my dear?"
"I find it a little fun to do." She gave him a seductive winked and watched as his adams apple bobbed in his throat,
"Shall we leave?" For a reply Crowley felt her foot slide up his leg. Exiting their table and making their way to the exit, they passed their waiter as they went. Crowley gave him a devilish wink, and grabbed their drinks. As they reached the doorway the waiters shrill voice stammered. "B–u–t you didn't pay for tho–tho–those." Crolwey dug into his human pants and extracted change. The waiter stared dumbfounded at the exit before a clump off quarters and nickles hit him in the face.

Three Months Later...

The woman with long, golden locks that hung over her shoulders sighed, thrusting her face into her hands. She couldn't believe it. They had only once chance to make love, and that is all it seemed to take. How would she break it to him? Three months had passed, and her stomach had grown more prominent. Would he cast her out? Their romance was illegal already, and now it was condemnable by death by the fact that she now had a half demon, half angel child growing in her womb.
She and Crowley were rather high in their own domain's societies. Maybe that would be enough to rescue the both of them. Maybe if it was proven that they weren't exactly having twins... That seemed to be the only loophole that might save their child from early termination. But then, what if there were two growing within her womb. Could they possibly be the twins that would bring an unknown end to the rule?

Her eyes scanned the edge of the out of place park as she waited for Crowley to appear. Her stomach knotted as she tried to steady her breathing. What would he say? How would he react? She heard a rustle behind her, and she was met by his broad grin. He reached her in a few easy strides and attempted to wrap her into a hug, only to be stopped when she raised a hand.
His grin faded, replaced by a glaze of curiosity. Her stomach churned with inevitable conclusion that she would have to reveal to him.
"What's wrong, love?" His large hands held both of hers as he attempted to meet her gaze. Her lips parted in a weak attempt to answer, but so sound escaped. "Angelica... Arael." She glanced up at the calling of her true name. "You can tell me anything."
"Anything?" A plea was deeply seeded in that one word as her silver eyes held his. Her shaky hand gripped his wrist and gently placed his hand on her stomach.
There was a raise of an eyebrow, but no recognition. "Am I supposed to be doing something?" Her nerves hardened as irritation began to fill her. She let out an exasperated sigh. He needed to understand...
"Think, for once please, and feel." She presses his hand against her stomach gingerly. Her eyes were wide and hopeful as brief recognition crossed his face.
"You gained weight didn't you?" He whispered, almost as though he were afraid to embarrass her.
"My god you're—" She took a deep breath as she attempted to steady her emotions, "No, think for once in your damn life."
He sighed, feeling her stomach again, this time much more thoroughly. Recognition seemed to strike his face once more. He bent low and spoke in a whisper, "Arael, is this what I think it is!?" Arael nodded wildly. He gasped, "I didn't know angels could get tumors!"
She let out a disgruntled groan, "No, idiot! I am pregnant!!!" There wasn't a sound around them for the next few moments as Crowley processed what he had just been told. The silence was broken mere moments later by the sound of a thud on solid ground as he fainted.

Three More Months Later...

Holding Arael close to his chest, Crowley led them through the maze to the Fae Queen. Tall bushes of elaborate decorations stared down upon the couple; cutting into their souls, reminding them that they commited the worst crime and what they must do. That they, beings thought to be the highest in existance, were turning to the Fae. A group of evil, cunning, ruthless creatures that stopped at nothing to get what they want... A low hanging branch from one of the blossom trees embedded in the maze whipped at Crowley's head. He sneered and touched it, turning the poor, defensless tree into ash. Arael stumbled cursing in Echoian, the language of the angels, her stomach twisting as the babies moved inside her.
"Ahh, Crowley stop!" She fell to her knees as she felt her spine being kicked. Crowley kneeled beside her and took her hand. His normally unearthly beautiful face twisting in anger.
"COME!" A sweetly false voice echoed around the couple. Arael looked upwards as a blue light flashed above them. Three figures stepped from the light and stood infront of Crowley and Arael. Three males all with unnatural beauty, completely black eyes, and their bare flash shining with a blue light. Arael looked at the middle one, and the tallest of them all., and stood up. Crowley stayed kneeled down, his natural demon instincts taking over. If he were to stand, he could destoy what was their last chance.
"Hello, I am Arael, Child of the Creator. Me and my dearest here," she indicated to Crowley. The Fae men blink his way with disqust, "We come looking for help, shelter and your peoples' honor." She stooped down as much as the bump would let her. Crowley's lip curled in horror. All he wanted to do is stand and rip their heads off, right from their shoulders and watch their blood flow into the ground. Splashing beneath his feet, their screams being the last thing he-, "CROWLEY!" Crowley's head snapped to Arael. Her grey eyes boring into his, "They said the Queen has already granted our entry, come quickly." She held out her hand.

A high, dome ceiling displayed various Fae art in the forms of mosaics, paintings and stained glass. Images of the Fae's triumph and ancestors, their powers and their "honor" decorated it. Crowley had never felt so sick in his life as he looked at the glass windows around the throne room. Branches of the Fae's ancient blossom tree connected the past Kings and Queens. His golden eyes fell on a series of images in paticular; the ancient Fae versus Children of the Fire war. The last Fae King standing over the mighty Abaddon. His cruel smile cast over his hideous children, Abaddon's heart in his long fingered, blue hand. Crowley's instincts were to destroy every living creature in this horrid throne room. To leave no trace that this flithy race ever existing in life...
"Fire child, I feel your hatred and I understand. Unless you wish to turn away from my help, I'd suggest you stop eyeing my children." He heard the Queen's horribly sweet voice rip at his ears. He looked at the Queen, her leaf green robes trailing around her throne, her bare flesh shining brighter then every being in the room. He dipped his head in a reluctant bow, "Good, now Angel Arael, plead your case to me child." Arael held her head high, her high status coming through her as she prepared herself and her lover's case to the cold Queen of the Fae.
"Your Almighty Majesty, as you know I am with child. I also assuming that you also know of our peoples prophecy of twin children born to a Creation Child and a Fire Child." She paused as the queen let out a humorless laugh.
"Yes, your kind and your prohecies. Continue."
Arael bowed her head to the Queen before continuing, "We have been running for some time now. Hiding from our own kind in fear that they will destroy our children.. The Fire Children have already threatened to rip the babies from my womb and burn them in the firey pits of their home." Her voice cracked, "My own brothers and sisters have threatened to dispose of, not only our children but me as well." The Queen held a hand up at Arael.
"I've heard enough of the Angel's pleas. Fire Child, speak."
Crowley held back the urge to rip her face off, "As my love was saying, We have been running and hiding, doing our best to protect our unborn child. There are only so many places a Child of the Creator and a Child of the Fire can hide. Atleast, in other kingdoms and the human world... We come to you to beg that you look inside your honorable heart and find a place for us, or atleast for our children. It is a great sacrifice for me to even step foot inside your labyrinth, let alone your castle." He bowed down onto his knees, forehead brushing the wet earth beneath them.
The room was silent as Crowley and Arael waited for the Queens passing. A loud bang annouced the Queen had reached her descion at last. Arael reached for Crowley's hand and held it tight. Crowley came to a stand point then and there; if the Queen refused them, then he will do everything in his power to keep his children safe.
"Crowley of Evil, Arael of Good, I grant you permission to take refuge in my kingdom."

Three More Months Passed...

Crowley paced the halls waiting for news from his lover. He could hear the screams as Arael was giving birth to their children. The Fae Queen had refused to allow him to be by her side, stating that she could not trust that his blood lust was too strong. No matter how much he'd tried to convince her that he was not some common bloodsucker, she would not listen.
Now all he could do is wait. It seemed like an eternity before her screams and grunts were momentarily silenced. He let out a sigh as a minute's reprieve allowed him to imagine what their children looked like. Moments later, she was screaming once more, but this time, she stopped much sooner.
Time seemed to drag while he'd waited for one of the blue-skinned nuisances told him that he was allowed to see Arael. He bounded through the doors and reached her bed in three wide strides. The strained woman with golden hair held two baby girls in her arms. Both of them very beautiful... One with golden blonde and the other with a light auburn, almost ginger colored hair. Both of them possessed their mother's likeness, even the beautiful grey eyes that he loved so much.

They stood hand-in-hand in front of the long, arched table of elders. Half of them for the Children of the Creator, and the other half the Children of the Fire. Their daughters, barely a year old lie before them in a wicker basket weaved with flowers. It was within this group of Angel's and Demon's whether to damn the children or to show mercy. Arael and Crowley held their heads high as judgement was murmured in lowered voices.
"You do realize that the creation of these two—" The high elder of the Fire's Children seemed at a loss of a word, "–abomanations was illegal and highly condemned? Not only did you have the children, you did not ask permission in order to ever give a blessed birth."
"And to go to the kingdom of the Fae..." The high elder of the Creator's Children shook his head, almost sending them a look of pity. "To be so desperate as to go to our enemies... Why?"
"I couldn't lose them." She muttered.
"Correction, We couldn't lose them." Crowley's hand tightened around hers.

There were a few murmurs before anyone alone spoke again, "Well. You were so desperate to keep these girls alive; therefore, your efforts will not be in vain–" A hopeful look spreads across their faces, "–but it was still very much against the law. Which will result in some sort of punishment..." The man sitting in the highest chair sighed, "I am rather fond of the both of you. Each of you have high standing in society, and it would be a shame if we lost two such important souls over something as menial as having children, illegal or not. So, I only see one way out of this." He paused, almost as if he were considering how to say the words on the tip of his tongue.
"Both of you keep your status within your respective domains, but you may never see your daughters ever again. Nor may the two of have any more children without facing banishment." His face hardened over, "These children must never know what they are; therefore, I rule that they shall live in human world, forever out of the reach of both parents that they shall never meet. Orphaned, adopted, and raised by humans... Never knowing of their origins."
Both nodded, tears slipping down Arael's cheeks. "Then so shall it be."

Both girls were sent off to a human orphanage within a small town, in a rural area. Neither of them knowing their parentage, nor knowing why they oddly shared the same silvery eyes, or even knowing why they looked so much alike.

Fifteen Years Later...
♠ ♠ ♠
God this took sooooooooooooooo long. You can always tell whenever the writer changes. Lets put it this way. Randa started it, and when you see the other writing style mingling with hers, it is Funsize. Read it, Love it, Eat it, Breathe it, Probably die from breathing it. :D

Randa-DUDE WE ARE SO AWESOME!!!!!
Funsize: I know right...