Status: I hope you guys enjoy this small story! Dedicated to my Big Sis at heart Leslie <3

There Is No Void That Can’t Be Covered With Love

Dreamland

“These Brits never cease to amaze me. I would kill for a chance to be a part of one of their songs.”

“I think I’d cry so many tears of joy if that happened. The song would be perfect in every way.”

The set had ended and Austin and I were heading towards the Of Mice & Men bus to continue our day there. It was pretty dark and the Ventura night was turning cool. California’s bipolar ways were towering over on that summer night. Austin noticed I was shivering quite a bit and the goose bumps forming around my arms became very noticeable. He stepped back behind me as we were walking and wrapped his smooth arms around me, pulling my body tightly into his. The warmth he gave off was like nothing I’d ever felt before. I always called myself the Ice Queen; everything I’d ever felt was cold and lifeless until that moment.

Rubbing my arms, Austin laid his head down on my shoulder as we walked, whispering, “Are you warm yet, love?”

Sarcastically, I said, “Are you kidding me? You’re not warm at all, I’m freeeezing!”

Answering to my sarcasm, Austin quickly rushed in front of me and held his arms out behind him. I laughingly jumped on his back and he carried me the rest of the way to the bus. I don’t think there had ever been a man in my life I’d ever felt so comfortable with before Austin. Even though I knew exactly who he was and still couldn’t wrap my head around that idea, Austin was just another man; another man who was stealing my heart with every second we spent.

Like a gentleman, Austin lightly set me down and opened the door to the grand bus, signaling me to enter with a smile. Slowly taking tiny steps, I found myself facing a room where four men were sitting around playing cards.

“Austin! Buddy, where have you been?! You’re missing our round of blackjack,” said a voice I could easily recognize. Tino greeted me with a warm smile, “Why hello there. And you are?”

“Hi Tino, my name is Le-“

I was abruptly cut off by a loud, playful voice, “AUSTIN! BABY! YOU’RE FINALLY HOME! I’VE MISSED YOU!”

Of course, Alan had raced over to Austin and tackled him in an embrace. Everyone started to laugh as the four started to find their way back to their original game formation. Austin had creeped up behind me and pushed my lower back forward, guiding me over to a couch opposite of the table the guys were playing cards at. I sat down on the cozy seat where Austin had joined me, placing his arm around my small shoulder. I gently fixed my head on his chest and a slight smile composed on my face as I took a deep breath.

“As I was asking before being so rudely interrupted, who’s the little lady Austin?” questioned Tino.
Austin looked down at me and answered, “This is Leslie, she’s the one I was telling you guys about during the signing.”

“Oh! The one you couldn’t shut up about the whole hour?” chuckled Phil.

Austin let out a small snicker, “Yup, this is the one.” He bent his head down and planted a delightful kiss on my head.

“Oh no, she has got to go, she’s stealing my man!” argued Alan as he waved a finger in the air.

I got up from my seat and stepped towards Alan, placing a hand on his shoulder, “I’m sorry Alan, I know Austin is all yours. Don’t worry, I’ll leave now,” I said laughing a little.

I began to make my way to the entrance of the bus until an arm encased my lower stomach and brought me down to a lap.

“You’re not going anywhere, missy.” Austin then bestowed another kiss, but this time to my nose.

An overwhelming smile spread on my face as I took my arms and hooked them around Austin’s neck. I then dug into his neck and stayed there, embracing the man who was eventually going to make me the happiest person alive.

The guys continued to play blackjack, arguing with each other and laughing the night away. Under Austin’s chin, my eyes slowly began to blur as I started to fade into dreamland. But, wasn’t I in dreamland already? I don’t think there could have been a dream that moment that topped the reality I lived that day.