Status: I hope you guys enjoy this small story! Dedicated to my Big Sis at heart Leslie <3

There Is No Void That Can’t Be Covered With Love

A Reminder of Her Former World

My conscious was alert, but my eyes could not seem to open. I felt as if I were in a dark place, lying down on some kind of cushion. My body was cradled against another, the heat coming off being my blanket. There was a hand, curling my black, wavy hair. A quiet moaning sound escaped my mouth and I felt hot breath dance around my ear.

“Good morning Sleeping Beauty.”

I smiled. Finally being able to open my eyes, I turned on my other side to come face to face with Austin, our faces inches apart. I shifted my head down to see his feet playing footsies with mine. I cherished the moment for a good two minutes until I realized I had slept over in their tour bus.

“Austin, what time is it? Why didn’t you wake me up last night? I need to go… I shouldn’t have fallen asleep.” I quickly jumped out of the bed and looked all over the bus to locate the bathroom, leaving Austin confused as ever.

A knock came from the door, “Leslie, what’s the rush?”

After patting down my drenched face, I reached for the door knob and opened the door. Austin was hovering over the bathroom, waiting for answers.

“I need to be home now. She’s going to kill me. She probably called the police and is calling everyone I know. Oh goodness I really need to leave, Austin!”

“Who is she? Don’t worry, I can get you home. But, I still don’t understand why you have to leave, can’t you just call your friend?”

“Austin, if you knew Lupe, you’d be freaking out as much as I am. She overreacts so badly I can’t leave the house without her knowing where I’ll be going, when I’ll be back, etc., etc. Can I borrow your phone to at least call her?”

Austin disappeared into the back of the bus where the bunks were, instantly returning with his iPhone in his hands. I rapidly took it from his hands and dialed.

“*ring ring* *ring ri-* LUPE!... No, I’m fine… YOU WHAT?!... Lupe, no! Tell the police to stop searching… You did not call the FBI you liar… I’m in Austin’s tour bus… Yes, Austin Carlile’s… I’m not lying!.. I’m not-…” I took the phone off of my ear and placed it on Austin’s, asking, “Can you please say something?”

He began, “Hello?... This is Austin… don’t worry about Leslie, she’s with me and completely cared for… Oh, well, thank you! How come you didn’t come to Warped to see me then?... Okay, okay… See you in an hour then. Bye bye,” and he hung up the phone.

“Your friend says she’s going to drive here and pick you up. She sounds… interesting,” he giggled.
“I apologize if she freaked you out… She’s my other half though; we grew up together and cannot be separated, hence her over-protective status.”

“It’s okay. I’m actually pretty stoked to meet her, seeing as she’s a fan. I can’t get enough of putting smiles on our fans’ faces, it makes me smile.”

I took my hand and placed it on Austin’s smooth face, “You’re such a wonderful human being. This is why you’re my hero.”

With his hand, Austin cupped my hand and rubbed his skin against it. “I’m glad I’m your hero, and I can’t wait until I can be much more than that to you, if you let me that is.”

My eyes grew wide as I stared at Austin surprised. He only knew me for a day and he was already saying he wanted to be a big part of my life… But I’m glad he did, because he turned out to be the biggest part of my life in the end.

I took my hand off the delicate surface it was placed on and used both of my hands to draw Austin into my arms. He took his hand and started to fondle my hair.

Looking up at him, I said, “Of course I want you to be in my life. Of course.”

Austin went in for a kiss on my forehead, his tender lips feeling lovely against my skin.