Status: I hope you guys enjoy this small story! Dedicated to my Big Sis at heart Leslie <3

There Is No Void That Can’t Be Covered With Love

Falling in Love in a Little Italian Restaurant

The day was still young, and with the new OFFICIAL boyfriend having a day off from screaming his heart out, he decided to spend the rest of the day with me. We could go anywhere we wanted to around the city of Ventura.

With hands intertwined, Austin and I walked down a wide street, going wherever destiny wanted us to. Talking, laughing, and just having plain old fun. The perfect man walking next to me on the perfect day, what more could I ask for?

Austin came to an abrupt stop in front of a tiny Italian food place.

“I could go for something Italian right about now. Can I treat the little lady out to a nice dinner for two?”

Gently placing my hand on top of his extended one, I gladly responded, “Why of course you may. “

Entering the tiny restaurant, we noticed no one was inside, only the waiters and the cooks cooking away. A sweet, gray-haired old lady greeted us with a warm smile.

“Well aren’t you two the cutest young couple I’ve ever seen. Come this way; let me escort you to your seats.”

Following the woman, she brought us to a booth with two lit candles in the middle and beautiful red flowers hanging over the table where a light would usually be. It was the most romantic seat in the house.

“Don’t be afraid to wave your arms and get my attention when you kids are ready to order” said the sweet lady.

“Thank you so much. This seat is perfect by the way” responded Austin with a bright smile.

Once the waitress had headed for the kitchen, Austin began to look at the menu. As soon as I grabbed mine to look at, Austin took it away from me.

“Don’t worry about choosing, I’m getting something for the both of us.”

With a questioning look, I asked, “Have you been here before? You don’t even know what I like in terms of food yet…”

“Oh don’t worry babe, everyone likes what I’m getting us.”

Austin signaled the waitress shortly afterwards.

“What can I get you two sweetie pies?”

Austin, like a gentleman, ordered, “Can we have the spaghetti with meatballs plate? If you don’t find it troublesome, could you make the plate enough for two?”

“Oh, it’s no trouble at all sweetie. Anything for you, kind sir. And to drink?”

I cut in before Austin could say anything, “Two iced teas please.” I smiled at Austin, “We have to stay classy, love.”

“Oh, so are we British now?” laughed Austin.

“Coming right up!” said the waitress upliftingly.

After waiting about 20 minutes, the big plate of spaghetti and meatballs arrived. Even though it was a very simple, classic meal, it was still completely romantic.

Austin reached over for my fork and grabbed his. With both forks, he scooped up the same string of spaghetti.

“What in the world are you doing?” I chuckled.

Handing me my fork, Austin replied, “You start on that side, and I’ll start here. We’ll meet in the middle baby.”

That was the sweetest thought I had ever gotten and from the sweetest man. I was the luckiest girl in the world. I knew right then and there I had picked the most superb lover.

Before digging in, I commented on Austin’s suggestion, “You watch too many Disney movies… I think I’m going to fall for you very quickly Austin Carlile.”

Grinning a toothy grin, Austin raised his fork signaling us to start. The spaghetti string was actually quite long. It’s as if the waitress knew what Austin was up to. She probably knew when Austin asked for the plate in the first place.

Once we reached close to the middle, Austin paused. He brought his hand forward and tapped my nose with his finger. Then, he quickly slurped the rest of the spaghetti left and our lips finally came in contact. Our orange-colored lips tasted exquisite.

“You’re the cutest boyfriend ever. I can’t believe I’m with you right now.”

“You can’t believe you’re with me? I can’t believe I didn’t find you sooner. You’re perfect Leslie.”

I scooted around the booth to be right against Austin and laid my head on his shoulder. From there, we ate our plate and drank our tasty iced tea fairly quickly. Austin would once in a while feed me and he even passed a meatball over to my side with his fork. At least he didn’t attempt it with his nose. It was the best first date I had ever experienced and the first date of the hundreds I’d eventually share with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this! I wrote it really quickly because my friend who I'm writing this story for begged me for more XD ENJOY!