Status: Thanks for reading! I wrote this a couple of years ago and am deciding on turning this into a full novel. Any comments greatly appreciated! :)

Moonlight

Field of Despair

Breaking open that door to the tree house was the most exhilarating and the most anguish filled experience I have ever had to encounter. I braced myself upon entering because once I opened up that door so many possibilities to end this tragic ordeal suddenly appeared. There were blunt objects everywhere that I could appropriately choose from. However, I decided to go classic and choose a well known object that is meant for all ages. I grab my weapon of choice and head towards my Field of Despair. I stalk them while they kiss just like Bunny once kissed me.

I can’t do it, I don’t want to I need him and I love him. Do it! I’m the only one you need. You have me I’m perfect for you. No! I won’t! You must it’s the only way! How do you know?! You’re never right! You’re always wrong and I’m always alone because of you! Because of me?! Honey, you are me and I’m you!

“The moon is kind of eerie tonight”

“Babe, it’s not so bad. Your eyes are the only thing I can see” Bunny said lovingly. “Every time I see your big beautiful eyes I can’t imagine not seeing my reflection in them. I love you Melinda and I want you, here and now.”

They kiss once more and my hands become very feverish and I have to act. Now is the right time. Make him pay. Goodbye Bunny…

I initial contact with my bat to her slithery back. The power that traveled up my arms allowed me to become stronger and un-relentless. I don’t let up, in fact I kind of enjoy the sound my bat makes against her now squishy head. Finally, I realized that she was a limp piece of flesh sparkling in the moonlight with a reddish tint. By default Bunny was next.

What have I done?! I’m so sorry! I don’t know what is happening…Mwuahahahaha! Blood I love blood! Heheheh ahhh the refreshing taste of it all is just so indulging! No!!!

Looking at Bunny with ocean filled eyes I whisper, “I’m so sorry…”

I could tell he was shocked by my actions and now he realized what he had done and what was going to happen. I cry even more.

Why did he do this to me? All I ever did was love him…

I snapped back into reality and took care of my affair. I knew he could feel my pain but I knew it was only to save himself, so to make him suffer more I only knocked him out. I figured he didn’t exactly have to die then. I could make his last moments well worth while.

I’m going to be the last person you see, the last person you love, and your last life taking breath! You will enjoy it while it lasts too because I’m all you have now and you will like it!

It took me an hour to travel from the Field of Despair to the River of Sorrow. He weighed more than I anticipated and my small frame wasn’t exactly ready to retain such excessive weight gain but I edged on with the adrenaline feeding my numbed senses. When I got to the river, I dropped him flat after dragging him for so long. I had decided that he didn’t need such good treatment. When his head impacted the ground it seemed to startle him awake from his nightmarish slumber. At first he was confused and I just sat there watching amazed at what kind of emotions one could feel as a predator teasing its prey. Realizing what had happened he tried to make things all better by lunging forward to give me a kiss of insurance. However, I’m not stupid and I wasn’t alone anymore. Malachai lived in me and we loved each other.

I love you kitt. Do this for me, so we can be together forever! Malachai? Are you sure we’re doing the right thing? I mean I do love you but I love him too. Forget him!! We’re meant for each other. Do it…

The look in Bunny’s eyes was heartbreaking. It was like he could reach into the depths of my soul and scratch at the last bits of evidence that proved that I might have a heart. That scourging feeling hurt so much I had to throw up. Seeing his chance for victory he charged me and caught me off guard.

“Please don’t do this; you’re only going to make things worse. Malachai doesn’t love you anymore and he’s mad that you would betray him in the most awful way possible. I’m mad because I loved you with all my heart and still do but you lied to me and you… you loved her! Not me…” I began to sob uncontrollably. All of my emotions were tangled and each time I had moved the knots grew tighter and tighter. I had begun to turn blue spiritually and my heart had already turned black with my coagulated blood clogging my collapsed arteries. He tried to steal my tool of success but Malachai took over because I was too weak. It’s all over now. I’m sorry I love you!

“You have always seen who Kitt was and you stole her heart willingly. Now you must pay and I don’t have mercy for the sick!”

Once Malachai said that he began to laugh and he summoned all the strength left in his body and he brought the bat down with a force that a subway train would have going through an underground tunnel. Bunny looked straight into his eyes when he did that. The look in his eyes was confused at first because the red life giving juice had started to pour down his paralyzed face but then it changed to ultimate surrender and he was gone in a matter of moments.

What have we done?! I cried even though I had nothing else to cry I still cried. The pain didn’t go away. It was supposed to. I sat there for a long time after the whole event. I had his head in my arms and I was stroking those little black swirls he had for hair. I needed him and I kissed him as if my kisses were so powerful that they had the power to breathe life into any inanimate object, nothing. He was gone forever and I was the one responsible. Only one thing made sense now. I must kill the rest of bunny. I looked deeply into his glossy eyes and I saw something I don’t normally see, a different reflection that wasn’t me. Quickly I stumbled to my feet. I was so confused about the whole entire encounter. The River of Sorrow was unusually calm tonight so I could hear the wind rustle through the tree branches and the splashing of the Nightwatcher fish catching gnats. The clouds had moved on from my overbearing moon and I edged closer to the river bank. Bracing myself, I look into the water to see my reflection. What I see is something I’ve seen before but not in me.