Status: busy busy busy

Who Could Deny These Butterflies?

1

-Brooke-

When the plane touched down on the runway, my stomach knotted and I began hyperventilating.

Home. The place where my parents waited for her. The place where my grandmother passed away. In Oklahoma.

I retrieved my bag and approached my parents who awaited me by the automatic door.

"Hey!" I hollered to them. My mother smiled and took off running in my direction, enveloping me in her thin arms. My dad walked toward us with a smile on his face.

"Welcome home, Brooke." He said. My mom pulled away and took my bag from me.

"I'll go put this in the trunk. C'mon you two." She said walking toward the automatic door. Dad and I followed.

When the three of us made it home, I carried my bag up to my room. Everything I'd left behind was still there. My band posters were still upon the wall, my clothes hamper was empty, clean, folded clothes lie upon my bed.

"You and I are going dress shopping today. So, go and get ready, do what you need to do." Mom said from behind me. I spun around to face her. Her expression was sad, even though she forced a smile to make it look like nothing fazed her.

"Okay." Was my response. She nodded sadly and then retreated to her bedroom. I dressed into skinny jeans, a JAGK t-shirt, and black and white checkered converse.

Mom drove us to Ross were we browsed at the beautiful dresses they had there. I picked out a traditional long, black dress and two inch stilettos. Mom had already had black veils made for us.

When we left Ross, Mom looked at her cell phone because it vibrated in her pocket.

"Alex texted, he wants you to call him." Mom said with a smile. I shrugged.

"I'll call him when we get home." I said opening the passenger door. I was loving the warm June weather. Unlike Maryland's occurring rainy weather, Oklahoma's weather changes very weirdly. It's insane sometimes. One day it'll be hot as hell, the next it'll be raining like crazy all day.

"Okay then." She said pressing buttons and then getting in the car after me.

At home, I grabbed the house phone and dialed Alex's cell phone number. I sat on my bed with my legs crossed. My heart thumped nervously and I played with a strand of my long hair.

"Brooke?" Alex answered. I smiled.

"Hi." I said back.

"Oh my gosh, how are you?"

"I'm doing alright. I'm really happy to be back home. How are you?"

"Lonely!" He laughed.

"Aw, poor baby! Wish I was there to keep you company."

"I wish your sweet ass was here too."

"Where's Jack?"

"Him and Tori snuck to Vegas without me. They took Rian with them. And Zack's been ignoring my text and phone calls. I'm not sure what's up with him though."

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry everyone ditched you, babe. I really am."

"It's okay. I have a television and a pet fish."

"You got a fish?!" I laughed.

"Yes."

"You are so awkward."

"Am not! Just lonely."

"Right."

He sighed.

"Hey, I'll call you back later, 'kay?"

"Alright."

"I love you so much though."

"I love you too, Brooke."

"Bye."

"Buh-bye!" He chuckled. Then, we disconnected.

I felt like my life was going nowhere. Without Grandma, who else am I living for?