Finally

Good morning

Phil's POV

I yawn and turn over to my other side as I bump into something. I frown with my eyes still closed. Huh? I open one eye, only to discover I’m lying next to Dan. My eyes widen and I freeze. Suddenly, Dan yawns and opens his eyes. Firstly, he doesn’t seem to notice me being there. But then he looks me straight in the eyes with the same surprised expression. “Good… morning.” I say. “Good um, morning… to you too.” He replies. We both frown and soon enough we both remember last night. We smile awkwardly at each other. “Right…” Dan says. I laugh. “I’ll go take a shower now…” He continues as he sits up. “Aw,” I reply silently, still lying down. Dan gets up and walks over to the door. “I liked holding hands last night,” I speak softly just as Dan walks through the door. He smiles and turns to face me: “Me too.” Then he turns around and walks off to take a shower.

Dan’s POV

As I get out of the shower, I realize I forgot to take clothes with me to change into. Oh shit. I walk towards the door and put my ear to it: no one in the hallway. After listening for at least half a century longer to make sure Phil isn’t there, I pop my head out the door. Coast is clear. I turn off the lights, close the bathroom door behind me and head for my room, walking on the tips of my toes, trying not to make any noise. When suddenly, a door opens. I hold my breath and for some reason, my body is unable to move. I then let out an awkward yelp of embarrassment, causing Phil to look up at me and see me standing there, naked. His eyes scan my entire body, head to toe and back up. I still can’t move. “Uhm. I… I should um… yeah, no…” Phil then says, pointing in meaningless directions and eventually turning back around and walking straight back into his room. When he’s gone, I am finally capable of moving again, so I quickly run into my room. Oh god, that was awkward. I quickly get dressed, then I sit down on my bed and start laughing. What actually is my life?

Then, suddenly, there’s a knock at the door. “Come in!” I say, still laughing a bit. Phil opens the door and walks in a bit further, covering his eyes with his hands. “Are you dressed?” he then asks, to which I respond with a simple ‘yes’. Phil opens his eyes and looks at me. “Why are you laughing?” he asks, still a bit embarrassed about what just happened. “Because I’m awkward.” “Well at least you’re not the only awkward person here…” Phil says, blushing. Should we talk about last night? Hmm, I dunno. My thinking is being interrupted by Phil, though. “So, what do you think: shall we have some brunch?” I smile and nod: “Yeah.” I stand up and follow Phil to the kitchen.

“You just take a seat, I’ll make some eggs, bacon and toast!” Phil speaks excitedly. I grin, he’s like a 6 year old. “Alright then.” I say as I take a seat at the breakfast bar, like Phil suggested. Phil then turns around to get out all the things he needs, laughing a bit. “So, what do you wanna do today?” he then asks. “Uh, I dunno. Make a video or something?” “You wanna do a collab one? It’s been a while, apart from superamazingproject.” “Yeah, ‘s cool.” I smile. I like making videos with Phil. “So what’s the fancy breakfast for?” I ask. “No specific reason…” “Hmm” “What do you mean by ‘hmm’?” Phil laughs, turning around to face me for a moment before getting back to the pan. “I dunno, I suppose I just wouldn’t really bother to get cooking in the morning. Or at least not if there wasn’t like, anything special going on.” I shrug. “Maybe something special IS going on but we just don’t notice?” I raise an eyebrow at Phil, even though all I see of him is his back. “Like, the queen could be watching our videos now, wearing a philion t-shirt and a llama hat or something…” I laugh. Oh Phil… “What?” Phil asks, looking all innocent at me. He looks so cute. “You’re just so weird!” “Good weird or bad weird?” “Good weird of course!” I smile and so does he, all excitedly and proud. “You’re good weird, too” He then adds.

After brunch, I stand up to put the dishes in the dishwasher as Phil stretches. “So, do you have any plans for the video already?” “Not really” I admit. “Yeah, me neither. I’m just gonna take a shower. Perhaps I come up with something in there.” “Alright, I’ll try and come up with some things too.” Phil then nods approvingly and walks off towards the bathroom. I continue to put the dishes in the dishwasher and just as I’m finished, I hear a door open. I frown and turn to see Phil running down the hall towards him room, only wearing boxers and a sock. What the hell is he doing? I laugh to myself. Soon he’s running back, with a pile of clothes in his hands this time. “I forgot clean clothes” he clarifies as he disappears back into the bathroom. I chuckle as I head to my room.