Status: This was one of my first ever fanfictions, so it sucks :p Sorry!

A game of Sonic

1 of 1

Dan’s POV

Phil and I are playing Sonic. Well, Phil is and I’m watching him play. I’m not paying that much attention to the actual game, though. I’m literally watching Phil in the reflection of the TV screen, his tongue slightly sticking out at the corner of his mouth, his eyes wide open and blinking even less than usual. He has a concentrated look in his eyes, which makes him just a tad bit cuter than he already is. Automatically, the corners of my mouth curl up a bit, so I have to bite my lower lip in order to cover up my smile.

But suddenly those beautiful eyes I’ve been watching ever since Phil started to play, meet mine and a gorgeous smile lights up his gorgeous face. I turn my head to end up looking him straight in the eye. Both smiling, I raise an eyebrow and ask “what are you looking at?” with a grin on my face. “You.” “Oh are you really?” “Yes, I am indeed, actually.” Phil replies, continuing to smile. I burst out in laughter, “you weirdo! Well I have to pee, I’ll bee are bee.” “No, you’ll pee are pee!” Phil jokes. And although it’s a lame joke, it makes me laugh.

3rd person’s POV

After his visit to the bathroom, Dan heads back to the living room, noticing Phil has gone to the kitchen and is now waiting for water to boil. And so, Dan changes his course and walks towards the kitchen. Once he gets there, he leans into the counter, right next to Phil. And perhaps Dan isn’t that subtle because his arm brushes against Phil’s in a way it couldn’t exactly have been by accident. But apparently Dan was wrong, because Phil doesn’t make any startled movements or facial expressions. In fact, only a couple of seconds later, their pinkies touch and Dan is 99% sure he didn’t cause that to happen. Dan looks at Phil from the corners of his eyes, making sure not to move his head. “Want some tea?” Phil asks as he turns his head, looking straight into Dan’s eyes. “Uh.. uhm, yeah sure. Thanks,” Dan replies, still kind of unsure whether he has just been imagining the things happening during these past seconds, because Phil surely makes it seem like that’s the case. But suddenly, Dan feels Phil’s hand clearly lingering on top of his own hand for a few moments. “Okay,” Phil says with a smile, still looking straight into Dan’s eyes.

Dan’s POV

I’m playing Sonic now and Phil’s been doing exactly what I’d been doing when he was playing earlier on, ever since I started to play a half hour ago. I should talk to him, I really should. I’m so confused about what is going on here. But then again, I have no idea what I’d say… Well at least he should stop watching me, because it’s confusing me more and more every second. I pause the game and turn my head to look at him, “Wanna watch TV?” “Sure, what’s on?” he replies with a friendly smile. “I dunno, we’ll have a look.” I turn off Sonic, turn on the TV and start switching channels: ‘Brokeback Mountain’, ‘Love Actually’… You have to be kidding me, right? “Well, lots of romantic films, apparently…” Phil states, turning his head a bit and looking at me. I look back at him and as I notice his cheeks turn red, so do mine. For a moment we’re staring at each other with an awkward smile on our faces. “Mind watching one?” Phil asks quietly. “Not at all,” I say, only now realizing how that sentence came out exactly the way I meant it inside, but totally not how my brain wanted it to come out. “That’s cool,” Phil replies softly. Then he suddenly grabs my hand and quickly turns his head, looking at the TV screen. I turn my head too, move a bit closer to Phil and take a better hold of his hand. And along with a smile that only just fits our faces, we start to watch the film.

Phil’s POV

After just 20 minutes of watching ‘Love Actually’, there’s a knock at the door. I look at Dan who is clearly wondering the same thing as I am, judging from his facial expression. “Who can that be? It’s 2 in the morning,” Dan asks. “I was wondering the exact same thing!” I let go of Dan’s hand, get off my butt and walk over to the front door of our apartment. Quickly, Dan has followed and is now standing next to me with a curious look on his face. I open the door just a little bit and with one eye, I take a look outside to see who’s standing on the other side of the door. Then I open the door further, so that Dan can now see that it’s PJ and Chris. “Hi,” they say simultaneously with an awkward expression on their faces. “Uh, hi guys… what’s wrong?” I ask. Dan just staring at them expectantly. “Uh.. Well, we went out tonight…” PJ starts. “And we accidently left the key to our apartment inside,” Chris went on. “Yeah, and my mum has a spare key at her house, but she lives 50 miles away from here and she’s probably asleep already,” PJ adds. “So if we could just stay here for the night, we could travel there tomorrow and go back to normal, really,” Chris finishes. I look at Dan and with an approving nod from his side, I turn back to face PJ and Chris and tell them that isn’t a problem. With the biggest smiles on their faces, they enter our apartment and we all walk over to the living room. “Love Actually, eh?” Chris laughs. Both Dan and I blush as I nod and Dan excuses himself to go put the kettle on. Chris and PJ both smirk as they plant their butts on our sofa. “Who would like some tea?” Dan yells from the kitchen. “Me!” the three of us yell back at Dan as we laugh. “All of us, Dan! Wait, I’ll come and help you,” I yell. “I’ll be right back,” I tell PJ and Chris. “Okay.”
“Where are we gonna let them sleep?” I ask Dan with a serious face, yet on the inside I’m hoping he’s going to say exactly what I want him to say. “Well, we both have double beds in our room…” Dan says, slightly blushing, “so if we take one, they can take the other.” I smile. He just said exactly what I was hoping he’d say. “Yes, please.” Uh-oh. Well, those words clearly escaped my lips before my brain could think of anything else to say! Dan laughs, which makes me laugh as well. “What are you guys laughing about then?” PJ yells from the living room. “Nothing!” Dan yells back at him.

Dan’s POV

The four of us are watching the movie, PJ sitting next to Chris and me sitting next to Phil. As a commercial break starts, Phil jumps up from the sofa. “I have to pee,” he says, heading towards the bathroom. “Oh hey, Phil? Can you bring back a blanket? I’m cold!” I yell. “Alright, anyone else wants one too?” Phil yells back, asking PJ and Chris. “Yes, please!” “Yeah!”

When Phil walks back into the living room, he hands over a blanket to Chris and one to PJ. “You did wash your hands after your visit to the loo, right, young man?” Chris asks. Phil laughs: “Yeah, I did indeed, no need to worry! Though, I couldn’t find a fourth one, so you’ll have to share one with me, Dan,” he says, winking at me with his back now turned to PJ and Chris so that they don’t see. “Alright,” I reply with the straightest face I can pull. Phil sits down next to me and spreads the blanket, letting it rest on both of us equally. I pull up the blanket on my side and automatically, so does Phil on his side. When I’m sure neither PJ nor Chris are paying attention, I grab Phil’s hand underneath the blanket and give it a little squeeze. Holding his hand makes the butterflies in my belly go nuts.

Phil’s POV

The film has just ended and when I look at Dan, PJ and Chris, I can see they’re all rather tired. “Let’s go to bed. You all seem quite tired.” Chris yawns: “Yeah.” PJ nods as Dan stretches, rubs his eyes and finally says: “Sounds good”. I turn off the TV and when everyone’s managed to get up, I explain who’s sleeping where to Chris and PJ. Dan and I are taking Dan’s room and PJ and Chris can sleep in mine. Though, Chris is obviously tired, because he doesn’t realize he could make some comments from sexual nature, based on that information. Instead, he just nods approvingly and follows me when I lead him and PJ to my room. As Dan starts to tidy up the living room, I tidy up my room a bit and after they’ve finally managed to get settled, we exchange the wishes of good nights with sweet dreams and then I turn around to turn off the lights and close the door. With a satisfied smile, I walk over to Dan, who’s putting the dirty teacups in the dishwasher. I keep on walking until I’m right behind him, then I poke him in the ribs softly, causing him to jump. He turns around with a little scream and is now standing face to face with me, only a few centimeters away. I place my hands on his hips and pull him even closer to me so that our chests touch. A smile appears on both his and my face. My heart starts beating faster and so does his, I can feel it. He puts his arms around my neck and bites his lip as we both start to lean into each other. But then I suddenly hear a door open, followed by footsteps getting closer. Both Dan’s and my eyes widen as we step out of the loving embrace we had just been in. Dan continues to put the empty teacups in the dishwasher as I quickly pace towards the fridge, opening it and investigating the contents of it. And within just a few seconds Chris shows up from around the corner and walks into the kitchen, looking sort of sleepy. “Hey uh, can I just get a glass of water? Otherwise I won’t be able to sleep.” “Sure!” I reply quickly as I take a glass out of a cupboard and fill it with water. “There you go.” “Thanks, mate,” Chris says as he heads back to my room, “goodnight, lads!”

I turn to face Dan again when Chris is out of sight, stepping towards him and wrapping my arms around his waist, meaning to continue where we had left off. But he doesn’t look comfortable in any way whatsoever, in fact he’s very tense. Then, with a worried look on his face, he starts to ramble nervously: “That was close, Phil. He almost saw us… and nothing even happened. I don’t want to know what would’ve happened if he had walked in on us actually doing anything. I mean, you know what he’s like, Phil. He’d immediately tell the whole world. And I’m not sure whether I want that. I mean, nothing’s happened, but something was about to and ugh. I… I just… I don’t know if this is the right moment for something to happen, Phil. I’m sorry…” Dan looks down at the floor with a sad look on his face. I let go of him, in hopes to at least just make him feel a bit more comfortable. I don’t really know how to reply to this. I understand him, I just wish things were easier.

Dan’s POV

After an awkward moment of silence, Phil finally replies: “It’s okay.” But it’s not okay. Nothing about this is okay. This is so complicated. I just want to kiss him, hold him tight and never let go of him, but instead, tears start rolling over my face. I run to the bathroom, wiping the tears off of my cheeks on my way over there. Soon though, Phil has followed me to the bathroom. But as I enter and sit down on the cold floor, curling up into a ball, Phil stops at the door. I look up for a brief moment as I notice Phil staring at me, helplessly. Then, a single tear rolls down his cheek, quickly followed by more. Soon, he slides down the wall after locking the bathroom door to end up sitting down next to
me, crying as well.

Phil’s POV

After about 10 minutes of sobbing, along with Dan, we both seem to have run out of tears. We look up at each other and I sigh. Dan soon sighs as well as I put my arms around him, pulling him into a hug. He then hugs me back and firms his grip, pulling me even closer. His body is now pressed against mine in a warm embrace. Dan rests his head on my chest and I close my eyes. Eventually, Dan whispers quietly: “I really want this, us, to work out just fine, Phil. But I’m so scared.” “I know, Dan, I know,” I reply softly, “but maybe we should head to bed now. I think we’re both tired and you have to admit that a bed sounds better than a cold bathroom floor…” “You have a point there,” he simply says as he starts to get up.

Not much later, we’re all settled. The lights are out and we’re both lying in Dan’s bed, cuddling. I yawn as I let go of Dan and turn around in his arms. He then pulls me closer to him, his arms wrapped around my belly. And like that, like two tired little spoons, we fall asleep.

Dan’s POV

I wake up to voices coming from another room in the apartment. I almost jump out of my bed and run over to the kitchen to grab a giant knife in case I’ll have to defend myself against something or someone, but then I realize PJ and Chris stayed over for the night, so it’s probably just them talking. But wait, last night… Phil… I turn around to see Phil sleeping, looking oh so peaceful. He’s like a perfect little angel. But not much later, his eyelids open up, showing his blue eyes. At first he doesn’t really seem to notice me, but then his eyes widen as he realizes he’s in my bed, lying next to me, Dan! He blushes, making him look so innocent and cute. “Hi,” he eventually says. “Hey,” I reply. “Are you feeling a bit better already?” he then asks me. “Yes, I do! I clearly needed a few hours of sleep. And I dreamt amazingly,” I answer him honestly. “Oh really? What did you dream about then?” He asks with one eyebrow raised. “Oh, just about some guy I’ve fancied for a while now: Phil’s his name. You probably don’t know him though…” I joke with a grin on my face. “No, don’t think I know him,” Phil goes along with it. “Yeah, thought so already. He’s amazing though, in every single way,” I continue. “Pretty ironic use of words there, though,” Phil laughs, “Amazing Phil…” I smile: “Yeah well, he still is!” Phil blushes slightly with gleaming eyes. He looks so cute.

Suddenly there’s a knock on my bedroom door, so I turn around to look. “Come in,” Phil says, his voice raised a bit. The door opens and both Chris and PJ walk in, all dressed and ready to leave at any moment, it seems. “Good morning, lads!” Chris says cheerfully. “Good morning,” Phil and I answer simultaneously. “Are you guys leaving already?” Phil asks with a sad look on his face. “Yeah, sorry mate! You won’t have my beautiful face to look at during breakfast, I’m afraid. You’ll just have to manage with Dan’s,” Chris replies jokingly. “Ah well, I’ll survive!” Phil laughs.

Phil’s POV

After having shown Chris and PJ out, Dan and I decided to have breakfast. “Bacon and eggs?” I ask Dan, who’s sitting at the breakfast A.K.A. the news bar, apparently reading his mind because he starts to heavily nod his head. “Yes please!” he yells excitedly. I laugh and start preparing breakfast for the both of us.

Dan’s POV
A few moments later, breakfast’s ready and Phil is seated next to me. “So, about your dream… What happened?” Phil asks as he takes a bite from the breakfast he’s just prepared for us. “So, I dreamt about the two of us, as you know. And everything’s possible in dreams, so don’t mind any of its weirdness, okay?” I ask as Phil nods his head approvingly. “Well, I dreamt that I was doing my live show at some school dance. Apart from you and me, there were loads of random people and also Chris, PJ, Alex, Charlie and some more YouTubers. My viewers were all on cam and they were being projected on the walls for some reason. Everything was fine, everyone was having a good time and my live show had been going great when suddenly, a slow song started to play. You came walking up to me out of nowhere and asked me if you could have that dance with me. Obviously, I said yes and not much later I was dancing with you in the middle of the big hall, with spotlights turned to us and all of my viewers watching. We had our arms wrapped around each other, moving around on about a square foot. I could feel the pounding of your heart. I didn’t even realize everyone was watching and I wouldn’t even have cared if everyone was. At that moment, there was only you and me. After a minute or so, the volume went down and you loosened your grip. You pulled back a little to look me straight in the eyes and you said: “I’m the biggest danosaur in the world.” And then you ki-” I’m being cut off by Phil’s lips pressed against mine. His hands on my glowing red cheeks. This moment, it’s everything I’ve been wanting to happen for such a long time now. This moment, this kiss, it’s perfect. As we break apart to get some air, the biggest smiles form on both our faces. As I look into Phil’s beautiful eyes, I realize Phil is all I want and all I need. And I don’t even care about what people will think, say or do anymore. Because I know that with Phil by my side, we will get through it, together.