Status: This little piece is dedicated to the person who inspires me to tear apart my characters. [Complete]

Pitch Black

1/1

“It’ll be quick they said.” Brendon mumbled under his breath, “Just go in and grab the floor plan. Yeah? Well, fuck you guys.”

Brendon had his back arched over the blueprints he had been going through for the past ten minutes with the small flashlight in his left hand. Pete promised to go in with him but quickly backed out. If someone were to walk by this room Brendon would be caught and he had no idea how he would explain why he was in the records part of the city library. Would he just tell the cops he was looking for a blue print of an abandon building because the fellow vampire hunters needed the floor plan?

The cops would lock him away at the word vampires if the cops weren’t vampires themselves.

Chicago wasn’t supposed to get this bad. William Beckett, the head of the Dandies just took over. William had created his clan of well kept monsters while the rejects roamed the streets. Not to mention William had turned most of the local police force. Brendon couldn’t imagine if things got worse than they already were but he wasn’t going to panic just yet.

“Finally!” Brendon smiled in the dark as he found the vampire’s hideout blueprint. It had to be the original copy by the condition. Brendon placed the others back before smoothing out the one he needed. He placed the flashlight next to the blueprint as he slowly rolled the paper trying to be quiet.

“Well, you are as quiet as a church mouse.” Brendon froze as he heard the voice near his ear. He couldn’t mistake it but how was he here and now?

Brendon let go of the floor plan as is slightly uncurled. Brendon let his right hand slip into his coat for the stake hiding. William’s voice was soft as it was near Brendon’s other ear. Brendon could already imagine the wicked grin on William’s face, “I wouldn’t if I were you.”

Brendon looked down at the flashlight. It was right there. The only light source in the pitch dark, cramped room. Brendon could yell but he didn’t think the guys would hear him from the car. If William would even let him yell.

Perhaps Pete would come in after all and see William.

“Do you mind telling me what you’re doing out so late Urie? It is Urie right? Brendon Urie. You had me fooled last time we met but I had someone check up on you.”

Fuck, this was it. Here and now was how Brendon was going to die. He could feel it down to his bones or maybe it was the coldness William brought with him. The coldness of the dead Andy used to say. Brendon shivered slightly as he felt each one of the goosebumps rise on his skin.

William was checking up on the hunters, finding out their backgrounds. William was learning his enemies well, who to target and what moves to play next. Brendon’s thoughts moved to his parents. His siblings were safe out of Chicago but his parents were still here.

“I was just looking for something.”

“You said that last time in the warehouse when we met. You’re always so curious. Is that why the others send you in?” Brendon stayed quiet as William continued, “We honestly have to stop meeting like this. I’ll only let you go so often.”

“What I’m looking for doesn’t concern you. I wasn’t meaning to threaten you.”

“Threatening me? I highly doubt that boy.”

William growled as Brendon reached for the flashlight pulling it towards him while he turned on the spot. William wasn’t behind him and Brendon moved the flashlight around the room searching. William was here, physically here. Brendon had felt him here, that dark presence he brings. Exactly how the two had met previously.

Brendon was remembering the warning William had given. William had forewarned Brendon to stop snooping around looking for information about William or William would murder Brendon. That was one of the reasons Brendon begged Pete to come with him. He hadn’t told the guys about the warning but he would be fine if one of the guys came with him.

Brendon pulled out the hiding stake waiting for William. William was quick; he could appear in front of you before you could blink and always seemed to move in the darkness effortlessly. Darkness was William’s favorite playground for that reason. Human’s eyes were never capable of catching the movements.

Brendon tried to hear for anything but didn’t want to risk standing still like a defenseless animal. He booked it towards the open hallway not even thinking twice. Brendon hadn’t even made it down half the hallway before William appeared with his wicked grin plastered on his face.

Brendon felt a lump in his throat before William pulled the stake out of Brendon’s trembling hand. Brendon screamed Pete’s name in the empty halls before Brendon turned to run down the other end of the hall.

William emerged from the darkness once more in front of Brendon and sent the boy flying back on to his ass. Brendon screamed for Pete again as he scrabbled to turn over and run for his life. William was smooth with his movements, not even making a sound.

“Please! William stop! Please!”

Brendon pulled the flashlight closer as some sort of protection. Brendon didn’t even have the time to see one of the Dandies in front of him. The vampire sent a kick in Brendon’s face sending the boy on to his back hitting his head on the stony tile. The sacred flashlight landed on the floor rolling away from Brendon’s body.

William let out a let out a snarl, “You do not interfere with my work newborn. I told you to stand watch you useless imbecile.”

The newborn backed off clearly terrified as Brendon tried to sit up. Brendon’s shaking fingers reaching for the back of his head for the wound feeling the warm blood. His nose was bleeding and he was convinced his nose was broken.

“It’s a pity, you had a handsome face.” William chuckled, “However, your stupid friends won’t recognize you when I’m through.”

Brendon was picked up and thrown into the wall and dropped as if he were a sack of potatoes. Brendon grunted as he landed on the tiled floor yet again. He groaned and looked forward. The flashlight was near him. It was right there for him to grab. Brendon scrambled to reach for the light. He was defenseless in the dark. Brendon might even survive this if he could just get the flashlight.

“No!” Brendon felt himself being dragged backward away from the only light source, “Pete! Someone! Help me! No!”

Brendon tried to find something to grab onto. His fingernails trying to catch on any surface but the tiles were flat. Brendon reached around as he kept being dragged down the dark hallway and soon finding an open doorway. Brendon tried to pull away from the captor and William finally let him go.

Brendon started to crawl forward screaming for Pete. William appeared in front of Brendon and waiting for the right moment to step on the human’s right hand. Brendon yelped trying to push William’s foot off his crushed hand.

William stepped off the hand and quickly reached for Brendon’s shirt as he lifted the boy off the ground again. Brendon was thrown back and William could hear Brendon’s scream. This time when Brendon landed he had landed on his left ankle wrong easily breaking the small bones.

Brendon was howling in pain when William finally approached him. Brendon couldn’t see in this darkness. William could be anywhere. Brendon pulled his legs close to him trying to get in a position to stand. Fuck, he’d even crawl. He wasn’t going to die here.

His ankle was causing him to whimper and finally cry as he collapsed once more. Brendon knew it was another part of his body broken. He had heard the crack when he landed. Brendon also felt pain the base of his lungs; perhaps he had some broken ribs as well.

“Why is it you call for Peter Wentz? Hm? Is he your savior?” Brendon stayed still as he continued to wail in pain, his tears almost falling freely. William sent a few brutal kicks into the crumpled humans chest, “Answer me boy!”

“Stop,” Brendon held his shaking hands up defenselessly, “Please. I’m begging.”

“Answer my question then.”

Brendon’s words were broken and quiet, “He was supposed to come in with me.”

“What a world we live in when our best friends are the greatest of cowards.” William knelt in front of the beaten boy, “No one is going to come save you, surely not Peter Wentz. He’s out there fighting to save his own neck. Do you really think the pathetic excuse of a hunter is going to make it in here just for you?”

Brendon tried not to cry harder, “But...”

“No one is coming to save you boy.” Brendon could see the white teeth in their devilish curl of happiness in front of his face, “You’re mine human.”

William stood tall and watched Brendon fall forward slowly pulling the length of his body down the hallway. William couldn’t believe this. The boy wouldn’t give up! No mater how the odds were stacked against him. William felt proud of this human he had been playing with.

William let Brendon crawl past him at the pace of a snail. As soon as Brendon had created some distance William let his grip tighten on the sharp piece of wood in his hand. He leaned over Brendon and drove the wooden stake in the back of Brendon’s thigh. Brendon howled before trying to reach behind him for the piece of wood.

William laughed, “That’s only fair I think. It’s not exactly a pleasant feeling to be stabbed with a stake now is it? Now you know how all my vampires feel before you kill them.”

Brendon pulled out the stake before letting out one last scream of pain, “Please. Stop. I can’t.”

“I warned you boy.”

William could hear a soft gasp leave Brendon’s crumbled body as Brendon finally stopped moving. Brendon was too far gone. William knew he was teetering on the edge of life and death. It wouldn’t be long, though he did admire how long the human lasted.

Even in the darkness William could see Brendon reaching towards the discarded flashlight.

William knelt in front of the boy reaching for a patch of his bloody hair. William pulled the human’s face up to his and even with Brendon’s vision blurry he could see the pale face of William. Brendon tried to look away but all he could see were the pearly white fangs ready to pierce his flesh.

“You just don’t want to die do you?”

Brendon tried to move his lips. He wanted to plead, beg or anything. Brendon didn’t want to die here. He didn’t want it to end like this. Pete would come; Pete could stop William at least long enough for someone to come get him. No, this wasn’t right.

“I might just turn you.”

William watched Brendon’s eyes roll back and William chuckled. William was almost disappointed; he was hoping this fight would last longer. These humans were so weak lately. William brushed it off as he heard one of his vampires on guard growl.

“Brendon! Brendon! Where are you?!”

William stopped when he heard the human surprised he got as close as he did, “Go, kill the human.”

The vampire at the end of the hall quickly left William alone with Brendon. William bit deeply into his wrist and forced the wound in front of Brendon’s mouth. Brendon didn’t even have the strength to resist. It wouldn’t be long before Brendon would feel the blood healing him, kitting together his broken bones.

The question now was if Brendon would behave or become a reject. However, William had a feeling Brendon would happily become a part of the Dandies. William continued to think as Brendon finally passed out. William pulled his hand away watching the smaller of the wounds heal up.

William sighed almost hoping this boy would make it. Brendon has shown he was worthy. William reached down wrapping his cold hands around the small neck, the blood still warm coating the flesh.

“The funny part about all this Urie? Is that he did manage to get in this building for you,” William snapped the fragile neck quickly and stood tall, “If only he had been quicker.”

William would send one of his men to check on the body later. Right now William had a debut to make with the other hunters. Perhaps he could snag another human tonight while he was at it. William licked his bloody fingers as he walked down the hall.

William kicked the flashlight as he approached it and smiled as it rolled even farther down the hall. He was amazed at how desperate Brendon tried to reach this light source. He wanted to laugh.

Humans.

They were such pathetic creatures.

Especially when left in the dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and hit recommend if you enjoyed it.
This is my first one shot in a while and any work in a long time as well. Hopefully this will get me back into my old pattern.
Thanks for reading. <3