Status: finally complete!!!

The Calendar

mean words

Her boyfriend shrugged, for once at a loss for words.

“You play piano?” Ryan asked quietly.

Bren shrugged again, suddenly uncomfortable with the fact that his girlfriend and his new, pretty friend were in the same room together.

Jon, sensing the awkwardness, stuck his fingers in the jar of peanut butter, which was supposed to be going on the sandwiches, and painted a line down Spencer’s face.

“Wh- ew! Don’t stick your hands in the peanut butter! Ew, it’s all over my face!”

Jon just laughed maniacally and scooped up some more peanut butter, which he tried to throw across the kitchen, aiming for Brendon. It got about halfway there before slapping onto the kitchen tiles.

“You’re ruining your own kitchen,” Ashly giggled, scooping some peanut butter for herself, which backfired when the stocky teenage boy grabbed her by the wrist and pushed her hand against her own face. She shrieked, then looked to her boyfriend for help.

Brendon simply shrugged and giggled. “I’m gonna go wait in the car. We can leave when you guys finish cleaning up.”

Spencer, Jon, and Ashly all groaned, realizing how much effort that would take.

“I changed my mind. I don’t wanna go to the beach,” the teenage girl huffed, grabbing a paper towel and attempting to wipe the peanut butter off of her face. She fluttered her mascara-thick eyelashes at Brendon. “Will you take me home and help me clean off my face?”

The brunette raised an eyebrow. “But I wanna go to the beach!”

“We barely ever hang out anymore!”

“We just went out like, three nights ago! And we’d be hanging out if we went to the beach!”

“No, we wouldn’t!” Ashly snapped. “I’d be nothing but a shadow!”

“What?! No, babe-”

“You’d ignore me and hang out with-” She forced false tears to squeeze from her eyes, to put herself in the sympathy boat. “With your faggot friends!”

“You bitch,” Spencer growled, stepping towards her.

“What did you just call me?” She faced Spencer, not afraid of the taller, stronger teenager.

“I called you a bitch,” he hissed.

Bren and Ryan stood watching, waiting in silence. Jon couldn’t decide if he wanted Ashly to get punched for what she had said or if he should stop his boyfriend from giving her a bloody nose.

“Spencer,” he said in a soft voice. He knew Spencer would feel horribly guilty after hitting a girl. It wasn’t even really because it was a girl, just punching someone.

Taken from his head and images of beating his friend’s ‘girlfriend’ he looked back at Jon.

Jon didn’t even have to say anything. It was just the look he gave the adorable blue eyed boy. Spin huffed and left room, followed the one person that could make him okay again.

“You really need to leave,” Brendon ordered, glaring at Ashly.

With a venomous glance at Ryan, she whispered, “Gladly.”
♠ ♠ ♠
oh