Status: finally complete!!!

The Calendar

after avoiding all contact for a few days (or more)

"Jon."

The taller teenager ignored his friend-

"Jon."

-continued to pour himself some coffee-

"Jon."

-added a tiny little splash of milk-

"Jon!"

-and at last could no longer ignore Brendon's voice.

"What?" Jon sighed, sipping at the dark liquid in his favorite coffee mug.

"Um." Brendon looked at his feet, not really sure how to go about saying what was on his mind. "Two things, actually."

There was a long stretch of silence, then, "...Are you going to tell me?"

"Uh... well... do you want bad news first or- well, it's not really good news, it's more like a question, actually it is a question, but 'bad news or question' doesn't sound right, does it? So I mean I guess I have bad news that could be really bad or end up okay if I do things right but I also have a question for you as far as you can answer maybe I should ask Spencer but maybe you'd know as much as him but then again he lives with Ryan so I-"

"Brendon. Breathe."

"Right, okay."

"Now, what do you want to tell me?"

"I, uh. I..." Brendon swallowed. "[small]I found Ryan in the calendar,[/small]" he whispered, scared of saying it too loud because he didn't really want it to be true.

"Okay...?"

"And, um..." Once again, his voice dropped. "[small]It's on the beginning of August.[/small]"

"Oh."

Brendon fidgeted even more. "And, um, the thing I wanted to ask you- well, maybe I should ask Spencer- I'll go find Spencer-"

"Just ask me."

"Are Brent and Ryan- I mean, did they ever- are they- um-" Brendon cleared his throat. "Are Brent and Ryan... uh... together...?"

Jon barely looked surprised before he began laughing. "Brendon," he snorted, setting down his mug before he could spill it. "Brendon, you're an idiot sometimes."

Instead of clearing up things like he thought Jon would, the short teenager was now more confused than ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh look an update finally
feel free to yell at me for taking so long
because all comments are lovely