Status: finally complete!!!

The Calendar

crash

August fifth. Ryan spent the day bored out of his mind, cooped up in his room at Spencer's house, bags packed and ready for his dad to come pick him up. He'd just gotten out of rehab, and promised Ry that things would be different.

He loved his dad, he really did, and he hoped that the man would keep his promise.

"Can't he wait one more day?" Brendon whined, picking at the carpet nervously. "I don't want you to be in a car today. I'm scared, Ry."

"I know," the taller boy huffed, stretching out and slithering onto the floor. "But I'm bored. I don't wanna stay inside all day. Can we go for a walk or something? Ugh, I'd even go swimming with you right now."

"Really?" Brendon perked up, grinning at him.

"Really."

Brendon jumped to his feet and ran from the room to go over to Jon's place and get swimming trunks. After he changed, he walked outside, calendar and towel in hand, to find Ryan lounging in the driveway across the street, long legs stretched out in front of him. Bren stopped and stared for a long moment, unable to help himself.

Ryan laughed and waved, standing up and starting to walk across the street.

"Wait!" Brendon yelled, running down Jon's driveway. "Don't-" He rushed across the street, reaching for the pretty boy before he could get in harm's way.

Tires squealed as an afternoon drunk reacted too slowly, barely nicking the teenage boy. Brendon fell, pain searing down his legs and up his back. The Calendar flew from his hands as he hit the pavement, and if his vision wasn't spotting he would've seen Ryan's name disappearing from the date.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS ISN'T THE END I SWEAR
well kinda
there's probs gonna be like
an epilogue or last chapter after this
but yeah
only one more to go maybe?