Status: finally complete!!!

The Calendar

habits one through three

The first of Ryan's patterns that Brendon picked up on was the makeup.

He wore it every single day. Extravagant patterns or subtle browns and black eyeliner. It looked pretty on Ryan Ross. A look hardly any guys could pull off.

The second was his formal texting.

No matter what Brendon sent him, he got a full reply- even correct punctuation.

The third was how he zoned out constantly.

It had become a game for the other three- actually, Spencer didn't join in all that much for some reason- to see who could catch Ry the most off-guard or scare him the best.

Unfortunately, the last round they played went terribly wrong. It was Brendon's turn, and he managed to sneak up behind Ry as the boy stood in the middle of the Smiths' kitchen, zoned out. Carefully, he slowly reached up before grabbing the boy's wrist. Ryan's immediate response to the familiar motion was to collapse on the ground, curl up in as tight a ball as he could manage, and cover his head and neck with his hands.

Brendon stood still in shock, unsure what to do until Spencer rushed in and picked the quietly-sobbing boy up. His narrow arms, shaking and covered in goosebumps, hugged Spencer's neck as he was carried to his room.

Brendon waited downstairs for his lecture from his friend.

Three new rules were made that day:

1. You do not touch Ryan's arms at all.
2. You do not sneak up on Ryan ever again.
3. You will never hit Ryan, even if you're joking around.

The new rules were told to Jon, who didn't ask questions, just sat with his eyes downcast as he fiddled with his peace sign necklace. Brendon figured that he'd get a more brutal punishment for any of these than if Spencer's crush did. He didn't completely understand Ry's reaction or why the new rules were so important, but, being raised in a strict, Mormon family, he didn't ask questions, just went with the flow.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo<3