Status: finally complete!!!

The Calendar

saving lives

The four boys lay stretched out on the grassy lawn between the Walker and Smith households. Across the street, a similar, larger group lazed around. Brendon watched as one boy made his way over to the group, never actually joining the circle. Frowning, Brendon turned to Spencer and asked who the boy was.

"That's Ian Crawford," he answered with a wave of his hand. "He doesn't really hang out with anyone in particular."

Bren nodded slowly, then hollered, "Hey! Crawford! C'mere!"

The short teen slunk over. "Yeah?"

"Wanna go to the movies with us?"

Ian shifted his weight, tugging his long sleeves farther over his hands before smiling. "Sure."

In the dark theater, Brendon slipped out 'to use the restroom.' He flipped through his calendar, and found a name fading in and out, as if fate wasn't sure if it wanted Ian to kill himself on July 5th or if a new friendship would save the apparently depressed boy.

Part way into June, after an amazing date with Ashly and a BBC Sherlock marathon with the guys that brought Spencer to the brink of tears, Brendon lay stretched out on his bed at the Walkers', flipping through his little calendar, 'x'ing out days already passed.

As he stared at the July page, he pulled out his cell phone and dialed Dallon's number.

"Hello?"

"Hiiiiii, Daaallllonn!"

"How is it that your girlfriend doesn't think you're gay?"

"Because I'm straight for her! But anyway. Y'know Ian? Ian Crawforrrrd?"

"Um… yeah…?"

"He's lonely."

"Okay…?"

"And single."

This time, there was a short pause before Dallon snapped, "What're you getting at, Urie?"

"He's sad and alone and needs a Dallon Weekes to take him to the movies on Friday."

His ex-boyfriend hung up on him, but as Friday rolled around, Dallon's car was parked outside the Crawfords' all day, and Brendon knew in his gut that the two would hit it off easily.

Once again, Brendon sat outside with Jon, Spencer, Ryan, and, after a conversation shouted across the street, Ian, who was smiling and talking about how amazing Friday had been and how Dallon had shown up and they played video games and went to the movies and Ian ended up getting Dallon's number.

When Brendon flipped through his calendar to July, the fifth was fuzzy again. Maybe he can change fate after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
because i ship dallon and ian c:
xo<3