I Just Wanted You to Know

Chapter 1. Where Am I?

***I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!

I've had this idea of a story in my head for a while now, and ive planned ahead many chapters and i can proudly say that i love where this story is going. I hope yall as readers will love it too. It starts out slow, only because i want to give it a real effect. Many times Norman says that he tries to portray Daryl as not being romantic and not typically nice in nature as we all kinda know. Although, we have seen a much softer side of him during season 3 and in some moments of season 2 so im going to try to hold true to that.

anyways! ill stop talking lol...ENJOY!

CH.1 Where Am I?

"Learn to laugh," Scott advised, who was the the attending physician at a local Texas Hospital. He was an old man, his white hair and balding head gave him the look of wisdom. He was a big man, tall and rugged features.

Mary gave a forced smile while trying to place an IV into the hand of a man who was just admitted. The man was involved in an ugly car crash but was stable at the moment, however he was also unconscious. The man looked strangely familiar. He had light brownish hair and blue eyes. His looks were so easily admired it was hard to stop looking.

Mary was into her first year of residency in internal medicine. She loved her job BUT her life was missing something. She was normal height and size. Normal all around, nothing special. Grew up in a small town now trying to make it in the city limits. Mary had to admit, she wasn't happy, not lately at least. She was craving the excitement of an unpredictable lifestyle.

"I'm a little busy right now, can I help you?" Mary retorted as she began dressing the man's wounds.

Scott shook his head, "You need a vacation." He walked out of the spacious patient room leaving Mary to her thoughts.

After she finished dressing the man's flesh wounds, she walked over to the patient's chart to find out just who in the hell this man was. Otherwise his familiarity would annoy her the whole day because she couldn't put a finger on who he was. He looked so familiar.

The top of the chart read Norman Reedus. 'Oh Gawd.' She thought, wanting to melt into the floor because she got to treat him. She got to heal him. Mary made a mental note to ask for an autograph when he awoke.

Mary washed her hands and left the room to attend to the next patient but was stopped in the hall by a blonde lady with hard features, "Henry told me to tell you that it's best if you go home early today and take a few personal days." Laurie said, wringing her hands as she spoke.

Mary was so frustrated and without a word made her way to the locker room to get her belongings and leave. Now the highlight of her unexpected day was going to be watching the third episode of season 2 of the Walking Dead in the comfort of her home. On the bright side it was better than having to hide in several patient rooms to watch the show in peace.

/

Her apartment wasn't as fancy as society would think it would be in her profession. it was a basic one bedroom apartment, the air was damp and hot. Most likely there was another major leak somewhere in another apartment or the a/c was out again. Mary was met at her door by the land lord, Jeff. He was an older man, balding as well, however he had more of a fatherly attitude. Jeff always had advice for every aspect of life and willing to help in any way possible. So it was only natural that Mary felt guilty she was behind on her rent.

"Now, Mary, I hate to bombard you but..."

"I know, i'm sorry," Mary gave him a look of remorse. She really did feel bad but her student loans from med school was piling up as well and it was hard to keep up with both. She dug into her purse and pulled out several 20 dollar bills and one 100 bill, "Here, i hope this is enough."

"It's enough for the month, sweetheart. Don't worry about the rest." Jeff gave a playful wink and a chuckle.

"Thank you," Mary laughed, relieved of anymore debt for the rest of the month.

She entered her apartment slowly and tossed her purse and car keys off to the side. Mary wasn't interested in eating dinner just yet or showering. The New episode of her favorite television show was on and thats all that mattered to her at the moment. Sitting on the couch, she grabbed her cell phone and placed an alarm to wake her up for work the next morning just incase she fell asleep. It was typical of her to fall asleep suddenly, especially while watching tv or after a long day at work.

The show was as gripping and suspenseful as always. However, Mary had been awake and on her feet for 36 hours straight and her eyelids were impossible to keep open. Halfway through the show she passed out on the couch receiving some much needed rest.

/

Mary's call alarm started blaring abruptedly causing her to jump from the couch and wake in a start. She turned off the alarm and rubbed her eyes. The groggyness of waking up in the morning was always a problem for her. She stood up slowly and made her way to the restroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. However, the room that was SUPPOSE to be her restroom was now a pantry.

"The Fuck?!"

That was when Mary noticed that she wasn't in her apartment. Hell, she wasn't even in town. The view outside the window showed nothing but trees and wild life for as far as her eyes could see. Panic began to set in.

"OH, shit! What the Fuck is going on?!"

**PLease review i love to hear your thoughts and critcism.