I Just Wanted You to Know

Chapter 13

Chapter 13 Secrets

The following day ensued like most others. Mary laid wide awake in her tent pondering on the purpose of what has been occuring. She couldn't help trace her finger tips around her lips from Daryl's touch. It had felt so real. She also had to admit that he was a better kisser than most guys she has come across in her past. There were two things echoing in her head all night. The kiss and the cabin. She wanted to explore the place but it seemed like every chance she got there was some instance preventing her being able to explore.

The camp was eerily quiet for it being mid morning already. Usually, she could hear people bickering or the gathering to do daily tasks were done more loudly. Mary exited the tent to find most of the group surrounding the dimly lit camp fire. She took the last empty fold-out chair next to Daryl.

"Good morning'' Mary spoke aloud to no one in particular rubbing the sleep for her eyes. 'Good mornings' were mumble from random people but others kept on pushing the eggs about their plate.

Daryl's heavy hands dropped the plate of eggs on her lap. Mary jumped, she wasn't exactly ready to have a plate almost tossed at her. She looked up, only to be met by the same beautiful blue eyes from last night.

"Eat up. I like my women healthy." Daryl breathed into her ear almost in a teasing fashion. She wasn't 'his woman.' Mary assumed he was just poking fun from last night, obviously he isn't shy about it.

Mary turned away from him but not before he flashed a devilish smirk in her direction. The entire camp caught on, but it wasn't like they had already formed their own assumptions anyways. Breakfast was continued in silence. No one spoke or looked up from their plate. It wasn't until Glenn's shaky voice broke the silence.

"Guys...There are walkers in the barn."

Immediately, as if on instinct, the group spiraled into a panic.

"The hell you mean?" Daryl roared.

Shane and Rick both stood on command with raised voices as well.

"When did you find out?"

"Why didn't you tell us?" Rick added on.

"I found out last night but i didn't know how to tell everyone." Glenn tried to explain. Dale came to his rescue trying to defend him but Shane was already sprinting towards the barn.

Mary stood up to follow the group, instead she was held down by Daryl. "Stay here. I don't want you getting hurt."

Mary returned his action with a look of confusion. Since when did Daryl decide he was going to act caring towards her, when just yesterday he did nothing but argue. She actually didn't mind, Mary love his attention but found it strange.

She sat on the chair, with no one watching her or the weapons in the Winnebago. Mary acted quickly, she grabbed two hand guns and some spare ammunition into a bag. Peeking out of the winnebago, she could see that Shane was causing a commotion at the barn. Every few minutes, Mary caught sight of Daryl peering over his shoulder to look for her. No doubt he would notice she was gone.

Now was her chance to return to the cabin in the woods and get any answers she could. However, she felt guilty just leaving the group with out any explanation. So, she decided to leave a note on her chair. All is read was "Will be back. Don't worry about me." She concluded that would be sufficient enough with out divulging too much information.

When she woke in the morning, Mary didn't plan to leave and go about finding the cabin. This was purely an unexpected turn of events. It was her chance so might as well jump on it. Walking past where Daryl had been sitting was a pack of cigarettes. She stuffed the pack into the bag also, she was craving some nicotine.

/

Mary kept a good recollection of the path her and Daryl took earlier the day before. He path that she trampled all over was still visible to anyone looking for obvious signs of disturbance. All she had to do was follow the trail. It wasn't long, about 20 minutes before she reached her destination of the cabin. She couldn't help but feel that she was being watched as she wondered though the woods. However, the only thing out there could be walkers and she didn't hear any animalistic groans. However, the walk was scenic and quiet except for the unusual twig snap every so often causing her to turn her head swiftly to catch a glimpse to the cause of the noise. She dismissed the noises and excused them for small animals roaming the forest.

The cabin looked the same as she and Daryl left it yesterday. The fear of walkers were evident, to so she withdrew one of the hand guns from her bag and steadied her aim. Her heartbeat felt like it was pounding in her throat, and for a split second wanted to return to camp. Mary looked over her shoulder once more to observe if anyone or anything was following her.

Mary closely observe the outside of the cabin. It looked abandoned, brooding and neglected. The once blooming garden is now overgrown. Sickly green weeds are creeping over the path and the small garden pond is covered in slime. A small popping sound comes from the pond, as if something is somehow still alive in there. The light of the sun is reflected in the grimy windows and the house seems to be studying you through the bloodshot eyes of an old man.

"Here goes nothin," She whispered out loud to herself shakily.

She took a deep breath, wanting to absorb every detail to piece together an answer of how to get home. She took a step inside, this time she took several minutes to observe the detail of the inside of the house as well. There was a sense of abandonment to the cabin, old and forgotten. The door hung wearily upon its corroded hinges. The paint on the walls peeled and flaked as though the house had a disease of the skin. The boards of the floor were warped through age and neglect. Though the windows were intact the build up of grime acted like a natural curtain blanketing the light that entered and making it meagre. Webs from productive spiders adorned the corners, the fittings and anywhere else that they could spin two pieces of silken trappings together from.

Mary was a nervous wreck, to calm herself down she withdrew a cigarette from the pack she borrowed earlier. She took a long drag of her cigarette and began to cry silently. It wasn't until now that she realized she may never be going home. This cabin was nothing special just another cabin in the woods. She followed the uneven stair to the second floor.

She heard a the familiar voice behind her drawl, "Yer too beautiful to be cryin" followed by the floor boards creaking under his weight.

Mary jumped, her eyes wide open as she turned around. She breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that it was only Daryl.

"Oh, hi Daryl." Mary spoke in a shaky tone of voice of he fact that she had just been busted. Her mind raced thinking of excuses to tell him but they all seemed weird or creepy.

Daryl slowly walked up to her, grabbing the cigarette out of her hands and taking a long drag of his own, "I was lookin' fer these."

Mary gave a soft laugh.

"Why are ya cryin'?" He hushed her, wiping a tear from her face. Mary was taken aback by his soft side. It was someting that would take some getting use too.

Mary sighed and shook her head, "I want to go home." More tears streamed down her face. Going home was an understandable reply, the end of the world was a little too much at times.

"Yer safe with me." Daryl cooed taking steps closer to her as she took steps back. It wasn't until her back was up against the peeling old wall she could feel his breath on her neck.

He began to trail kisses from the back of her neck, following her jaw line till he reached her lips. Pulling her into a hungry kiss.

Mary wrapped her arms tightly around Daryl's neck, feeling her desire mix with his. In the embrace, she forgot all about going home or the apocalyptic world outside. All that mattered was she was safe with him.

Daryl moaned softly as Mary deepened the kiss. He intertwined his finger in her hair, pulling her closer to him. In the heat of passion, he grabbed her hand and placed it on his hardness, showing her how bad he wanted her. Mary pulled back from the kiss and looked into his beautiful blue eyes that almost captivated her. Daryl picked her up, kicking the door into a near by room happened to be a bedroom.

Laying on top of her, Mary purred softly, guiding her hips. She became slightly impatient and reached down, pulling Daryl's shirt over his head. She ran her nails along his bare chest before reaching down to un-fasten his jeans.

A low moan erupted at the back of Daryl's throat. He lifted his hips as Mary slid his jeans and underwear off his hips, freeing his throbbing cock. He stripped her of her clothes quickly, almost ripping them off her in haste. Bringing his head down to draw one of her nipples in his mouth, his other hand pressing against the small of her back.

Mary moaned softly as Daryl used his mouth and hands to explore her body. She gently pressed her lips to his scarred riddled chest, stroking his cock, enticing his erection more.

Unable to wait any longer, Daryl gripped Mary's hips. He slid inside her in one fluid motion, throwing his head back against the headboard, moaning with pleasure.

Mary growled as Daryl filled her completely. She gripped his shoulders, flipping him over in one fluid action and began to ride him, her eyes locked on his as she circled her hips, drawing him in deeper. She brought her lips to his again, moaning softly as she rode him.

He lifted his hips, matching her thrusts. Mary felt nothing but bliss and happiness as she rode him, not caring that she may not be alive tomorrow.

Daryl became impatient now. He thrusted harder, guiding Mary's hips to do the same.

Mary moaned loudly as the pleasure in her body increased. She pressed her body closer to Daryl's, her breasts rubbing against his chest as she rode him faster. She threw her head back, letting out a scream as her body orgasmed. His body released in a sudden rush of pleasure, panting hard as Mary stopped. He held her tight as their bodies began to settle down.

Mary rolled over trying to catch her breath and Daryl stretched his neck to look outside the window. It was dark out and the sun had set, it would be useless to try to walk back to camp now.

"We have to wait till mornin' to go back." Daryl drawled.

Mary laughed and laid her head on his chest. "When I wake up will you still be here?"

"Ofcourse." He replied patting her head and knotting his fingers in her hair.