I Just Wanted You to Know

chapter 14

Chapter 14 - Begin Again

Mary laid awake. Her head was resting on Daryl's chest as it slowly rose and fell with each ragged breath. She lifted her free had and gently traced several of the scars on his chest. Mary couldn't understand why she was unable to fall asleep. Maybe it was the old mattress, the springs felt like she was laying on rocks. However, Daryl made her feel so safe, like she was home.

Daryl planted a gentle kiss on the back of her head, burying his nose in her hair. He tucked her hair behind her ear, pressing his lips gently to her lobe. Mary moaned, tilting her head back slightly.

"What are you doing?" she mumbled.

Daryl laughed and reached around her waist, gently grasping her wrist. He moved her arm back, placing her hand on the bulge in between the sheets.

"Wow," she laughed.

Daryl groaned, rocking his hips against her hand. He slowly snaked his tongue out, tracing her ear. Mary moaned at the warmth of Daryl's tongue on her ear. Her knees weakened slightly, her breath becoming shallow and labored.

Daryl whimpered as Mary enticed his erection more. She ran her hand down his chest, tracing the outline of the of a deepened scar on his chest before moving down and tracing the flat planes of his stomach. She wrapped her legs around his hips, rolling her hips against him.

Daryl moaned at the warm feel of Mary's bare skin on him. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, hugging herself close to him. He thrusted his hips forwards, groaning as he slid inside her.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, rolling his hips. She hugged herself closer to him, running her nails down his back. Daryl moaned as the movement drew him in deeper. He tangled his fingers in her hair, pressing the other on the small of her back. He rolled his hips in and out, filling her.

He pressed a sloppy kiss to her lips, groaning as she tightened around him. Mary grinned against Daryl's lips. She ran her hands down his back, digging her nails into his ass. She tilted her head back as she felt her stomach tighten up, her toes curling against Daryl's legs.

Daryl groaned as he felt Mary tighten up more. He began kissing and sucking along her jaw line.

Mary whined. She dug her nails deeper into his ass, her moans turning into whimpers as her stomach tightened more. She mashed her lips against Daryl's, crying out as her release washed over her.

Daryl groaned as Mary lost herself in orgasm. He heaved out a hard breath as his own release came seconds later, his heart hammering in his chest. He pulled back, breathing heavily as he hugged her close to him.

Now Mary was so exhausted she would have no problem going to sleep. Before she quickly slipped into oblivion she could head Daryl's voice whisper, "I love you."

Mary remebered the last words out of her mouth were "I just wanted you to know...." and then she only remebered shaking her head in acknowledgment, stoping mid sentence. She was too tired to even attempt to speak.

Mary felt her consciousness ebb away and then all her thoughts ending abruptly.

TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD TWD

Mary moaned from the tapping sun-light against her face. She wondered how long she had been sleeping.

Mary blinked, shut her light sensitive eyes, and blinked again. She yawned, reaching for Daryl next to her. She out stretched her hand and leaned her body forward searching for his. Her mind was fuzzy, the last remnant of a dream being chased away by the realization that she was awake again.

As she leaned forward with both eyes closed, Mary reached into empty space. Suddenly falling and hitting the floor hard. Both her eyes shot open in freight.

Mary was no longer in the cabin but rather the familiar room of her living room apartment. She fell off her couch instead of the bed her and Daryl fell asleep on. She cradled her head in her hands trying to understand the complexity of her situation. Was it really all a dream? It had felt so real, Mary reasoned with herself. His touch, she could remember, almost feel against her skin still.

She was home, back in reality.

Mary shook the sleep from her head, grogginess still lingering with every movement she made. She reached for her phone. Finding several missed calls from her attending, Scott and a voice mail from him.

"If you're going to be late, next time have the decency to let me know. We need you here ASAP. Your patient Mr. Reedus is alert and out of his coma."

Mary stiffened at the sound of his name. However, Scott sounded as if he was in a panic.

Mary rested her head one more time, dreading to go back to work. A light bulb flickered in her head and checked the time on her phone.

Mary's eyes widened, "36 hours!" She exclaimed out loud. Her phone began to ring again, it was Scott.

"I'm on my way." She said quickly hanging up on him before he was given a chance to speak.

Mary jolted out of her apartment and ran down the stairs. Nearly running into Jeff, her landlord. She quickly pulled him into a big bear hug before continuing her sprint down the stairs.

/

"Glad to see you can join us." Scott sarcastically spoke holding the patient chart of his next victim/patient.

Mary laughed and winked in his direction. She ignored his sarcasm and turned to face Laurie over the nurses station, "Hey! How have you been? It feel like forever."

Laurie laughed and opened her mouth to reply but was cut off by Scott's rant of frustration, "First off, let me just say…thank you. Luckily, you people were kind enough to piss all over learning a procedure that could determine whether some poor sucker lives or dies. And that reminded me of something that I wanted to remind you of. Because, you see, I am accountable. I am accountable for the continuous, crashing, undeniable amateurism that you people drag into this hospital day in and day out. And believe you me when I tell you that the next time one of you perpetual disappointments doesn’t even have the common decency to try and do better at something you supposedly do? I will go ahead and toss your sorry ass outta here in about ten seconds and then I will forget you forever in the next five."

Mary's jaw dropped. Scott has never said something so unbelievably mean to her. She recalled a saying he told her, it had stuck in her mind and chose to share it with him in the best way possible.

"You should learn to laugh more." Mary smirked at him before grabbing Mr. Reedus' patient chart and walking as fast as she could away from him.

Mary's heart began to beat in her throat. The thought of seeing him again felt weird because he wasn't Daryl, instead this was Norman Reedus. It was just last night she laid in his arms and made love repeatedly and now he won't even know who she is. It was almost heart breaking.

Her hands were trembling as she stood outside his doorway with her back against the wall. 'get a gip.' she told herself. Mary took a deep breath and walked into his room.

"Good mornin' Mr. Reedus. How are you feeling today?" Mary greeted him. No one would notice the shakiness in her voice except her. She stared down at his file until she was next to him. When she made eye contact with those same blue eyes that stared at her with longing last night it sent chills down her spine.

He smiled sweetly at her, avoiding eye contact because of his shy nature, "Call me Norman. And I am doing better."

Mary smiled politely back. She was trying to concentrate on the file but the distraction of the bathroom door swinging open caught her off guard. His son Mingus walked out sheepily, taking a seat next to his father.

Mary pulled a lollipop out of her lab coat. She kept candy on hand for when dealing with young children, it seemed to lift their spirits or calm them down for moments in time of crisis.

"Thank you." Mingus peeped out. Norman smiled at her generosity.

"He is cute." Mary began, then returning he attention to his file. She could feel his stare. The same stare she felt from Daryl. "It seems you can be admitted out of here by this afternoon." Mary drug out the last few words as her heart sank into the pit of her stomach. She was hoping he would be around for at least a couple more days. She missed Daryl, want to feel his touch again. However, this was the reality.

Mary fidgeted with her papers, in an awkward fashion.

"You look familiar." Norman broke the awkward silence between them, "Have I met you before? i know this is strange but i feel like I've known you."

Mary's eyes widened. She gave a laugh, "Oh, you don't know me. But your the star on my favorite tv show, the walking dead. It's a pleasure meeting you." Mary outstretched her hand to shake his.

"You're beautiful." Norman breathed, his face turning several shades of red as did Mary's.

"Thanks," She giggled, "Can i have an autograph?"

Norman grinned taking the sheet of blank paper and pen from her hand. Mary watched from afar as he scribbled his name and then kept writing. She wondered what he could be writing.

"I hope I'll see you again." Norman smiled handing her the autograph.

She nodded her head and took a second to admire his signature. Underneath it he wrote his cell phone number and 'Free tomorrow at 7pm?'

"Ofcourse," Mary replied with a grin. Her heart felt like it was doing backflips in her chest.

"I hope to hear from you." Norman cooed as Mary made her way out his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is the last chapter. Sorry so sudden but i hope yall enjoy.

i just want to say thank you to everyone who read and enjoyed this fanfic.