I Just Wanted You to Know

Chapter 2. On The Run

*PLEASE REVIEW :) I LOVE COMMENTS

The flooring was carpet, it was two stories high and the walls were made of wood. Looked to be like a cabin in the woods. This caused even more panic because a cabin in the woods was were all the fucked up stuff happened in horror movies. She had to brace herself, find some sort of protection. Quickly before it was too late.

Mary ran to the kitchen and started rummaging through drawers. Minutes later, she armed her self with a butcher knife and screwdriver also a small knife she tucked into her boot for safe keeping.

A noise from behind her made her freeze in utter horror. A moan. Not just any moan though, not one from pleasure or pain. It sounded almost animalistic in nature and hungry. A cold and raw hand grabbed her shoulder as she turned around to find a decaying man in overalls lunging at her. Mary screamed in horror. She was terrified and greatly confused as to what was going on. 'Where the hell am i?!' she screamed in her head. She began backing away from him, throwing pots and dish ware at the monster that was advancing on her.

With great precision and mostly dumb luck, she drove the screwdriver into the man's eye socket causing him to fall to the floor with a loud thud. The screams from her struggle caused attention as more of the decaying people where now banging on the windows trying to gain access inside to devour her flesh. Mary ran upstairs to buy her some time to figure out a way to escape.

"This is just a horrible dream. That's all." Mary gave a nervous laugh trying to reason with herself. "I'll wake up any minute now..." She began pinching herself hoping that would work but all that happened was more pain. She peered out the upstairs window to find at least a dozen of those things out there. Not only could she see them but she heard the groans and banging down stairs. She felt safe for only a few minutes until the sound of shattering glass shook her to the core.

"PLEASE WAKE UP! Wake up you stupid body!" Now terrified that they had gained entry into her safe haven.

Mary gave up on attempting to wake herself up and instead grabbed a chair and shattered a window of her own. She cleared some of the glass not want to cut herself up and bleed everywhere, that would be just ringing the dinner bell even louder. Mary walked quietly across the roof until she found a ledge to where she could jump and land on a near by think branch.

Bracing herself, Mary found her herself thinking, 'Here goes nothing.'

She jumped and half-landed on the near by branch. Her chest hit first, allowing time to wrap her arms around the thick branch. For seconds she couldn't breath. The air was knocked out of her and her face was turning blue. Mary couldn't hold on for much longer and so released her grip, causing her to fall to the floor.

She laid on the floor and inhaled deeply, finally being able to catch her breath. However, her chest was raw and very sore from the fall. Now was no time to rest though, she didn't want to have those things on her ass again.

Mary fumbled to get a good grip on the only reliable weapon she had, the butcher knife. With speed, she sprinted as fast as her legs could take her into the forest. She had no food, no water, and now no shelter. Her future didn't look to be as bright as she once thought. Mary still struggled with the fact that she still didn't know where she was.

She was no hunter, and had actually never been hunting before so it didn't come as a surprise when she suspected that she had begun to be running in circles. "I swear. I've passed that tree 5 times already." Mary groaned in frustration. Her stomach was growling and has been running for gawd knows how long. The sun was beginning to set. She figured maybe a good 2 hours left of sunlight.

Mary began walking and scanning the trees for shelter. A good perch to sit up in and wait out the darkness. She found a huge tree with hardly any leaves on it but the branches were thick and forked. That would allow some sort of support and it was out of reach of any wandering monsters.

Mary began climbing the tree but a quick searing pain radiating from her thigh caused her to yelp out in pain and release any grip she had on the tree. She hit the ground hard, once again, for the second time today. Through blurred vision she saw an arrow sticking out of her right thigh. She attempted to pull it out but yelled in pain. Blood was beginning to gush out. The combined pain of falling, hunger, and the arrow was too much to bear.

The last thing she heard before her vision went black was the shuffling of feet and a familiar southern drawl, "Ah, Hell!"

**SOUND FAMILIAR :D?!