I Just Wanted You to Know

Chapter 3 Unconscious

Please let me know of any ideas yall may have. I'm writing this story for you, my readers, after all ;)

I did want to clarify a few things:
This fanfic is going to begin during season 2. No, the OC does not know what has happened during season 2 before hand, only the first 2 episodes she has seen in her reality. The events will be new to her and not have the knowledge of any future events.

Ummmm, I wanted the people in her reality to resemble the characters onTWD. So, to her Henry=Hershel, Laurie=Andrea, Norman=Daryl and Jeff=Dale. Kinda like on the wizard of oz. Its just to mesh the two worlds together and not make this new world seem so alien to her, so she has some level of comfort while being in a confused state for a while.

I hope that all makes sense. XD Ask questions if you are confused. I have big ideas for this story lol.

I do not own anything!!

CH.3 Unconscious

Mary felt her limp body being hoisted through the air and briskly carried. She struggled to open her eyes, the light was blinding and further blurred her vision. The only thing she really saw, besides the trees in the background, were blue eyes. Immediately, she felt safe.

The searing pain began to increase, becoming more noticeable with every rough step the man took. Mary concluded that whoever her savior was, he wasn't gentle in any way, shape or form. Her eyes rolled in the back of her head, not being able to stand the pain radiating from her body nor the hunger of her growling stomach. 'This is it,' She thought, 'I'm done for.' Mary began to regret never living her life, but rather letting it pass her by.

The man ran his hand along her arm, causing her to be pulled tightly and closer to his body as he picked up a little more speed. She took notice of his touch. It was as if time was moving in slow motion for her. The man's hand was calloused and rough. However, it was firm and forceful, protecting her from the near by surroundings. The last thing Mary took note of was his heartbeat, it was strong. This man was healthy but it said nothing of who he was as a person.

Mary felt her body drop but never hit the floor. Her vision went black, once again.

/

"Gawd damn." Daryl stubbled dropping the girl on the ground by accident. A group of walkers were close behind him, there was too many to kill and protect the girl at the same time so he chose to ran. However, the dead weight became hard to carry, it was as if she became heavier with every step.

Daryl lifted the girl up and instead of carrying her in his arms he threw her over his shoulder. Obviously being gentle wasn't on his mind. The farm house was now in close proximity.

Daryl ran towards the farm house, now out of the trees, the walkers were picked off by T-dog, Rick and Shane accordingly using blunt objects. The men didn't ask questions when they saw the small girl in his hands and the arrow protruding otu of her leg. The situation was obvious.

The women sitting on the porch stood up, holding the door open allowing him to carry the girl in with ease. Maggie called out to her father for help.

"Lay her down in here." He commanded clearing the sheets of the bed and rolling his sleeves up. Hershel took a long hard look at her. Her face and hair was matted with a mixture of blood, sweat and dirt. There were several scrapes on her hands from climbing up a tree. What shocked him the most was the nasty purple bruise on her chest. It was nearly six inches across and three inches in width.

/

Mary shook her head to wake up from her state of sleep. She felt groggy and even more tired than when she fell asleep when she got home. She rubbed one eye and tried to open the other. For that split second she thought that she would wake up on her couch with the tv light shinning in her face. Assuming most likely she was late for her next shift at the hospital.

Mary was wrong. Although she couldn't wake up visually, her hearing was working perfectly fine. It was then when she over heard several voices from the next room almost arguing with each other.

"She bit?"

"No, she's not. but she's in bad condition. the girl suffered a concussion so she'll be in and out of consciousness for a while."

"How could you confuse her for a squirrel?!"

"I got better shit to do than talk to either of you." There was a sound of a door slamming shut and whispers followed.

What was the most scariest thing about not knowing where you are? It was that these voices, all three of them sounded eerily familiar. Mary concluded that this man brought her somewhere safe and thats all that mattered.

Slowly she began to open her eyes and sit herself up in bed. Mary was never the type of person to sit still for long periods of time. She groaned in pain.

An older man entered the room, and to much of her surprise spoke suddenly, "How are you feeling?"

Mary's jaw fell open in shock, "S-s-scott?!" She stammered over her words. Now she was shock. Where the hell was she and why was Scott, the attending physcian treating her but had no idea of who she was.

The old man gave a hearty laugh, "My name is Hershel. You took a pretty hard fall."

"No-no. Your Scott. This isn't funny! Is this your idea of teaching me how to laugh?!" Mary spoke aggressively.

Another man entered the room, he was wearing a sheriff's hat and had a welcoming look. It was then that Mary freaked the fuck out. If possible, her jaw hung even more lowly. She recognized the sheriff.

Mary let out a maniacal laugh. "That's a good one Scott!! How did you get Andy Lincoln to join in on your 'joke'?"

Hershel turned to Rick and shrugged his shoulder. He held up a finger and circled it near his head indicating he was calling her crazy. Rick's expression instantly became serious.

"My name is Rick Grimes, and this man here is Hershel Greene. Who are these people you are talking about? Are they part of your group?"

Mary stopped laughing and cocked her head to the side. It was then she took a moment to breath deep and take in her surroundings. She was at Hershel's farm house. It looked exactly like on the show, when Carl was brought in after he was shot. Rick even looked pale and weak, like he had no blood in him. It's medically impossible to fake that.

Mary decided she was going to play along, weather it was a joke or not. Nothing was making any sense at all so might as well make some progress. 'Time to baffle these people with bullshit.'

"No group. Sorry. I hit my head pretty hard." Mary rubbed her head letting out a nervous laugh.

Rick nodded and turned to look at Hershel.

"Can you tell us how you got that nasty bruise on your chest?" Hershel asked while fixing the IV bag to allow the proper flow of liquids into her body.

"I jumped off the roof of a cabin i was held up in and onto a tree branch. I was trying to escape from those things," Mary looked at the faces of both men. She realized their expression was one of bewilderment. Mary shrugged her shoulders,"What? It seemed like a good idea at the time."

Mary felt her head become light and foggy. It made it hard for her to think and before she knew it her vision went black again. she passed out again. Mary had to admit, if she was conscious for more that a couple minutes, that this was becoming frustrating.

Rick took a deep breath.

"She just needs her rest and time to recooperate." Hershel reasoned with him.

"Strange girl, though." Rick chuckled, letting the tension in the air drop.

**Please Review