I Just Wanted You to Know

Chapter 7. Mary, Mary. Quite Contrary

Here's another Chapter!! I'm going to try to update everyday or every other day depending on the number of reviews i get. I hope you guys are liking the story. Let me know if you have any ideas yall want me to throw in!!

I do not own anything.
Thank you to every one who has subscribed and reads my story!!

Chapter 7 Mary, Mary. Quite Contrary.

Daryl stormed off to the stables. Mary followed him but due to her wound healing she wasn't able to walk as fast as she would have liked. The stables echoed the southern drawl of a man struggling to saddle up. Mary approached Daryl slowly, she assumed that she wasn't one of his most favorite people in the world to deal with. Or, at least that was the vibe she got from him.

She approached him from behind.

"Ahem."

"What do you want?" Daryl groaned without turning around. He already knew it was her. The last thing he needed was someone butting into his business, but found himself wanting it. Wanting to have her attention.

Mary gave a small uncomfortable laugh, trying to ease the situation, "Um. Just wanted to say Sorry."

"Don't be." He mumbled, pulling the horse out of the stall, ready to saddle up and head off.

Mary always had a problem with people. She never really knew how to act around people in general. In a way, she didn't know her boundaries when confronting people either.

Without thinking, Mary stepped in front of him. Daryl stopped walking.
"You shouldn't take that horse." Mary was a little scared of Daryl. Not afraid of him going to hit her or anything but scared of what he would say or think of her.

Daryl didn't reply. He took a couple slow, small steps until his body was completely pressed up against hers. She didn't back down. Instead, she stood her ground and looked up into his beautiful blue eyes and smirked.

Daryl dropped his head low and allowed his hand to wander up her arm slowly. In a deep voice, he hissed, "Mary, Mary. Quite contrary."

His voice was the opposite of Shane's voice. It gave her goosebumps and lit a fire inside of her, filling her body with warmth.

She stepped aside without word and let him pass by her. Mary watched him ride the horse until he disappeared into the tree line. She replayed the rhyme over and over in her head for hours, wondering why he would mention it.

Mary Mary, Quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With Silver Bells, And Cockle Shells,
And pretty maids all in a row.

/

On the way back to camp, Mary over sees a commotion going on at a near by well. For curiosities sake, she decided to go find out what was going on. She wanted to make herself useful to the group now that she didn't need crutches to get around.

She could see everyone gathered on the edge of the well, staring down. Once she got closer, the sight of the walker made her sick. Mary doubled over from the stench, walking over to a grassy area to relive her stomach of its contents. From behind she felt rough hands pull her hair away from her face.

"You get use to the smell." Shane soothed her.

Mary gave a half smile and walked over to Glenn and T-dog who were formulating a plan to get rid of it.

"Nah, a gun would be too messy and loud." T-dog addressed the situation.

"I got a small knife." Mary pulled the knife from inside her boot, "I can stab it in the eye if you lower me down."

The men laughed uncomfortably.

"No, ill take care of it. We don't want to contaminate the water supply." Glenn turned down her offer graciously.

For the first time since her arrival on camp, she didn't feel useless anymore. Mary helped pull the walker out of the well using rope. There were a few bumps on the road and the plan eventually failed when the walker ripped in half from the decay process. Which caused Mary and Maggie to both throw up at the sight of the several organs dragging on the ground and it tried to nab someone.

/

After the well ordeal, Mary finally made her way back to camp to take Carol up on her offer of the extra tent.

"There you are." Carol stood up, handing her the tent.

"Yeah, sorry. I got a little caught up..." Mary's voice trailed off.

With effort and a little brain power, the tent was set up before night fall. Corl was quiet most of the time, only talked when she needed to communicate on tent collaboration. However, she did mention a few words that peaked Mary's interest before Carol walked away from helping Mary.

The two dusted their hands and took a step back to see the finished look of the tent.

"Well, that was easy enough." Mary laughed sarcastically, and Carol smile softly with her hands on her hips.

The was a moment of silence before Carol spoke, "I've seen the way he looks at you."

Mary turned to face her with a bewildered expression across her face, who was 'he' and why did she seem jealous.

"Who?"

"Daryl. He's a good man you know. Done a lot for my little girl." Carol said while wringing her hands out. She looked as if she was on the brink of tears.

Her statement made Mary feel uncomfortable in many ways. To begin with, She didn't want to intrude on these people's lives. She was just a stranger still. Also, Mary wasn't sure if Daryl did like her. Not by the way he treated her at least. But then again, in the stables earlier today Mary recalled him acting differently.

"Ummm. I don't think its like that." Mary spoke unsurely of herself.

Carol gave her a nod and walked off. Mary decided she'd rest in her tent and try to get some early sleep. However, She laid there unable to sleep. Thoughts of the hospital and her apartment came rushing into her head. Mary wondered if she'd, in fact, gone insane and is imagining everything. But Daryl's breath on neck and the stench of the walker in the well felt so realistic. This was real.

***Please Review ^_^