Status: In-Complete with hopefully semi regular updates

Random Facts

Lions and Tigers and...Penguins?

Despite our kiss on my birthday we didn't actually go on any real dates until I turned 16 so we 'dated' for a year before I took him on an actual date. I think the wait was worth it though because our first date was perfect.

We went to the zoo and his random fact filled brain had a heyday with that, he had something to say for almost every animal there!

------------------------------------------

"Harrison! If you get there before I do you're paying!" I call after the other boy as he ran towards the entrance of the zoo.

Once the words are out of my mouth he turns and stares at me "It's not my fault you're slow!" He exclaims, his hands flailing wildly as he talks.

I chuckle softly "I'm not slow, you're just really fast when you want to be..."

He grins at me and grabs my hand when I reach him, he kisses my cheek softly "Thanks for bringing me here Dix..." He whispers.

"You're welcome Harr..." I smile at him, leading him toward the entrance, where I do end up paying, and then into the zoo.

His eyes widen immediately when we get in "There are so many animals!" He squeals excitedly, dragging me over to one of the cages.

The first cage we ended up at was the tigers which really isn’t much of a shock considering how much he has always loved tigers (or any kind of cat really...especially the big ones that are more likely to eat your face or something)

“Tigers have the brightest eyes out of all animals of the world!” he exclaims happily as he stands as close to the cage as he can get. “And they can see in the dark six times better than humans and they see in color as well!” he adds on.

“That’s cool...?” I chuckle and he turns towards me with a large grin that makes my heart skip a beat.

We stand by the tiger cage for a few minutes and he watches them curiously the whole time before he decides we have to go look at the monkeys and he drags me towards another cage.

“Want to know something cool about monkeys?” Harrison asks when we reach the monkey cage.

“If I say no will it stop you from telling me?”

“Nope!” He laughs, squeezing my hand gently “Monkeys eat both other animal meats and plants but some also eat dirt!”

“Great...dirty man eating monkeys...” I groan and he pouts at me “I mean...that’s so cool?” I try again and he nods before looking back to the monkeys.

By the time we leave the monkeys I have learned that there are Old World monkeys and New World monkeys and that one of the many differences between them is that the New World monkeys have more teeth.

Eventually he pulls me away from the monkeys, thankfully because it was starting to smell funny and the monkeys kept giving me funny looks, and towards the aquarium part of the zoo.

We end up looking at sharks for a while and there I learn that Hammerhead sharks’ heads are born soft so that they don’t get stuck in their mothers canals and that shark cartilage is used by scientists in hopes of finding a cure there.

Then we head off towards the dolphins for a few moments. Here is where he tells me that in ancient Greece if you killed a dolphin you could be punished with death.

After that we go to find some food and end up eating some disgustingly greasy food that I’m pretty sure took a good 5 years off of my life before he manages to talk me into buying him cotton candy.

We sit around for a while after that before we decide to go look at some more animals.

The lions were up first I guess because he led me straight there and stopped to stare at them with wide eyes.

“Lions are some of the coolest animals to ever exist ever...” he mumbles.

“Is that a fact or a matter of opinion?” I chuckle.

“Fact!” he exclaims happily, dropping my hand and stepping closer to the cage.
“You are such a child...” I sigh, choosing to go sit on a nearby bench and watch him talk to the animals in the cage.

“You love it!” He calls, making one of the lions look over in his direction, that causes Harrison to freeze and mutter a soft ‘please don’t eat me’, before looking away once again.

I shake my head at his childishness before leaning back onto the bench and closing my eyes for a moment.

It was only a few seconds later when someone sits down next to me and I open my eyes expecting to see Harrison and I am shocked to see a young boy sitting next to me with a large smile on his face.

“A lions roar can be heard from almost 5 miles away...” he says around his smile.

“That’s cool...” I chuckle and his smile widens before he climbs off the bench again and running off.

“Who was that?” Harrison asks, sitting on my lap a second later.

“A mini you...he told me that a lion’s roar can be heard from 5 miles away...then he left...”

“Wow...he sounds like me!”

“That’s what I just said Harr!”

Soon after that he jumps off me and pulls me up before dragging me along with him towards where he claims the penguins are.

When he sees them his eyes widen comically and he runs towards them but somehow he manages to trip and fall onto his butt. He whines slightly and most of the people around us give him worried looks but I just bust out laughing.

“Dixon! Stop laughing at me and help me up...you are such a bad boyfriend...” he whines but that only makes me laugh harder. He huffs and stands up himself, glaring slightly at me before turning and walked the rest of the way to the penguins.

I follow after him slowly, still chuckling softly “Sorry Harrison...it was just funny...” I sigh and he turns to look at me for a moment before sighing.

“Its okay I guess...but next time you could at least help!”

“Or you could act your age and not run around like an idiot! Then there wouldn’t be a next time!” I chuckle.

“No thanks...” he shrugs and grins at me.

“So...what do you know about penguins?” I ask once we step up in front of where the penguins are.

“Um...I...I actually don’t know anything about the penguins...” he says, his eyes wide and almost sort of worried when he looks at me.

My eyes widen jokingly and I gasp “Oh no! Harrison doesn’t know something!” I exclaim and he slaps my arm, glaring at me. “I’m just joking...lets see...there are 18 kinds of penguins in the world but 5 of them are endangered and are facing possible extinction! There you go, now you know something about penguins!” I grin.

“How do you know that?” he asks me, looking out at the penguins instead of me.

“When I was younger I used to love penguins and I did a lot of research...” I shrug, wrapping my arm around his shoulders “The same way you know all the things you do!”

“Its weird that you know something I don’t...” he whines and I gasp.

“Are you calling me stupid?”

“No! I’m just...saying I’m smarter than you!” he smirks.

“You are so mean...” I whimper and he chuckles.

I huff and grabs his hand “Can we leave now? My legs hurt, I’m hungry and I don’t have anymore money for food...”

“Sure...” he laughs, standing on his tiptoes and kissing my cheek softly “Let’s go!”

------------------------------------------

Yup...it was definitely the best date I have ever been on (so what if it was the only date I had ever been on at that point) and also one of the most informative day’s of my life...
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is the longest one so far for this story...yay!

Hope you liked this chapter :)