Status: Completed!

Proud

Burden or Blessing?

“Miss Stark, your mother is calling you.” The robotic voice of Jarvis breaks the silence as it projects its voice into my vast, expensive teenage girl’s dream room.

“In a sec,” my slurred voice responds from the large messy bed in the centre of the room. My petite hand reaches out and brings the purple duvet over my caramel coloured mass of hair.

“Peace, you’re running late, get up,” my mother opens the door and stands in the frame. She’s a tall, thin woman with orange hair and blue eyes. She stares disapprovingly at me.

“Jarvis, open the holographic blinds please” She commanded.

“As you wish ma’am” Jarvis opens the blinds and the sunlight streamed in. My room lights up to show a clean, formal room decorated in purples, blues and whites. The carpet and walls are a sharp white colour with one wall as an exception. The large wall stood out because it had been painted a purple, blue, pink, yellow and green collage with no specific design but it wasn’t just a mess of colours either.

My body emerges from beneath the covers, surfacing from under a horde of pillows before I narrow my eyes at the bright light.

“Mother, it’s a Saturday,” I huff out and glare softly at her.

“We have a charity event to go to.” I watch my mother strut to my walk in wardrobe, she spends a few minutes in there, searching for something before coming out and placing a soft blue knee length silk dress onto my leather couch, located near the huge wall to ceiling window.

“Oh hell no, can’t I stay home with dad?” I pull a face and push the covers off myself before standing up. I reflected my mother in looks but mum knew I had my father’s attitude, although thankfully it wasn’t as bad as dad’s eccentric, huge ego.

“Peace please, it’s one day, bear with me.” Mum crossed her arms and frowned slightly at me.

“I went last time and there was nothing but boring old snobs telling me how pretty I am or how I shouldn’t date until I’m in my thirties.” I walk out of my room and through our extravagant house until I reach the large kitchen.

Mum followed me every step of the way. “Yes well that’s a part of life Peace and one day you’ll inherit Stark business and have to go to all these events.”

“I’m only 16 years old; can’t I enjoy myself before I have to grow up and take on a huge responsibility?” I pour myself a glass of apple juice and offer my mum a glass.

“Alright but just this once and you can keep an eye on your father,” Mum gives me a stern look before kissing my cheek and leaving.

I grin and skip down to dad’s workshop. I enter my security code and the door slides open. I see dad sitting at his office chair talking to Jarvis.

“Well, well, well look who finally decided to wake up,” Dad swivelled around with a half-smile, “How much grief did your mother give you?”

I shrugged “Not as much grief as she gave to you I’m sure,” We exchange a knowing grin before he waves me over to show me his latest project. He talked enthusiastically about it, telling me how one day I’d be working on my own projects by myself and I’d be making the business bigger and better.

Truth be told, I wasn’t sure if I wanted all this responsibility. It felt more like a burden than a blessing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Putting this back up and reworking the ending, hope this works out! :3