Status: Completed!

Proud

The Argument

Mom and I were sitting at the island counter enjoying breakfast in the kitchen together when Dad came in carrying a stack of papers, his usually cheeky smile was missing and he seemed annoyed.

“I finally got around to looking at all the bills and sorting out our finances,” He stated, putting the stack down in front of mom and she stopped eating her yoghurt and blueberry’s to look at him.

“I asked you to do that months ago,” she teased him but his face remained serious.

“So when were you planning on telling me that you were paying for Peace to have art tutors,” he crossed his arms and scowled.

I choke on my yoghurt and quickly take a sip of water, wondering how mom was going to respond, Dad was clearly not impressed.

“It’s funny, I thought marriage was all about being open and honest with one another,” we watch him move to the fridge and get out a diet coke; he opened the can and lent against the large fridge, waiting for an answer.

“Tony,” mom started but I cut in before she had a chance to say anything.

“I begged mom to let me take art classes outside of school time, she was worried about me being followed by paparazzi so she decided to hire a private tutor to come and teach me here at home. Don’t try to blame mom, she was just trying to make me happy,” I snapped rudely and mom gave me a sharp disapproving glare.

“We’ve discussed this before; you will be going to a top engineering college and getting a degree in business before taking over Stark Industries. This isn’t open for discussing; you’re the only child I have. I thought you understood that.” Dad stated.

I couldn’t read his face, a part from the frown that had etched its way onto his lips, tugging it downward he had a perfect poker face.

“I’m sorry to disappoint you dad, but I want to be an artist, not a CEO of the largest industry in the world.” I replied, standing up and storming out of the room and going straight to my bedroom.

Once inside I locked the door and threw myself onto my bed. This was usually the part where the girl would call her closest friend and complain about how unfair her life was, unfortunately for me I didn’t have close friends, not close enough to talk about my personal life anyway.

People always use to tell me how envious they were of me; how they wished they could be where I was, inheriting a vast company, earning millions. Why couldn’t they see that I only wanted to paint, that was my passion, not engineering or whatever else dad wanted me to do. I know it was wrong to hide my true feelings away and let dad assume I wanted to follow in his footsteps, this argument was inevitable. Now I had to play the waiting game, let dad cool off and then have a proper talk about where to go.

“Why’d I have to be an only child?” I spoke a loud but already knew the answer, mom couldn’t have any more children and they said they were content with just having me; I was more than enough for them, meaning I’m already a handful.

I was sprawled out on my bed for a long time, I could tell because the arm I had been lying on was dead when I got up and tried to move it. I winced when I got pins and needles, then there was a knock on my door before it opened revealing dad standing there.

“I think we need to have a proper talk Peace.” He said, walking in and taking a seat on the edge of my bed as I nodded my head in agreement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally updated! Two more chapters to go and then I can say I've completed this, I really hope this made sense, I'm not sure because it's 2am and I'm tired but I think it made sense, I'll come back on later and proofread it.

Hope you enjoyed! - Jordy