Status: Completed!

Proud

Serious Talk

This was the first time Dad had stepped foot into my room in a really long time. I watched him look around my room and he eyed the paintings on the wall.

“Did you paint these?” He asked curiously, getting up and taking a closer look.

“Uh yeah, all the art in my bedroom is mine Dad,” I informed softly, wondering what Dad was thinking about as he examined my work.

“These are… really good, Peace,” He said, turning back to me, I let out an inaudible breath I didn’t realize I had been holding in and smile. Dad didn’t give out compliments for no reason so hearing him say my work was good meant a lot.

He lingered for a moment as he went over and inspected my other paintings, he gave a nod of approval and I felt my chest tighten, pleased that he liked them. Once Dad had finished looking he came back over and sat at the edge of my bed. For a moment the quiet swallows is up, we were silent for a few more seconds before I end up being the one to break it.

“Look Dad, I’m sorry about lying to you,” I declare, finally build up the courage to push aside my pride and say sorry for being at fault.

“I realize you have a lot of pressure riding on you because you’re an only child, but I wish you had of told me the truth.” He stated simply and I looked away in shame, “Your mother and I were talking,” he started, gaining my attention almost immediately as I looked back at him, “If you can bring your grades up in biology and engineering and manage to pass top of your class then I’ll allow you to go to art college, expense free.” He finished, trying to read my facial expression.

For a moment I contemplate what he’s told me and then a grin spreads across my face. I lunge at Dad and wrap my arms around him in a hug, disbelief written on my face. I wondered if I was dreaming but realized I was very much awake.

“Deal!” I squeal, not believing Dad had actually said he’d agree to me going, and Art College was going to be insanely expensive so I was happy to know that I wouldn’t have to pay it all off myself. Now I just had to bring my grades back up and then Art College could really be a dream come true.

Dad stood up and smiled he turned to leave but stood at the door, he twisted around to look at me once more time to say, “You know you could interpret your passion of art into the Stark business,” I tilted my head to the side in confusion, not understanding what he was getting at as he continued out of my door, closing it.

I shook my head, not lingering on it for much longer as I went over to my desk and started to write up a study plan.

It was time to get serious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kyahhh I was stuck on this chapter for so long!

I haven't proofread this because I'm knackered but I will as soon as I'm able too!

Thanks for reading - Jordy