Status: Completed!

Proud

Realization

Life around me became a blur, as soon as I decided to get serious about my studies I found myself excelling. I guess Dad finding out about me and Mom’s secret had been a massive wake up call for me.

I still had a social life of course but now I worked my social life around my study life. I was determined to prove myself to my Dad. I didn’t care about anything else except getting into Art College and proving to my Dad. I want to hear him tell me he’s proud of me.

I’m in my last year of high school now and graduation was coming up fast. Finals were here as well and I was rushing around trying to find all my notes from this year to study my heart out.

“Peace, I know you’re stressing out over your Finals, but you need to eat,” Mom would say almost every day because I’d skip breakfast and lunch.

“Hey, it’s okay to take a break every once in a while sweetheart,” Dad would say, watching me warily as I scoff down my dinner after they would force me to come out and eat with them.

“I can’t, I want to stay at the top of my classes.” I replied, flashing my folks a smile as I finished my meal and left to go continue study. As I left I saw Dad roll his eyes out of the corner of mine and I crane my neck over to stick my tongue out playfully at him, making a face as I left the dining table.

This routine lasted until I had finished the last Final I’d have to take as a high-school student and I couldn’t believe how happy I was to finally be at my high school graduation. When my name is called I go up and receive my certificate, grinning over to my parents, who had some bodyguards with them.

Dad smiled at me and I knew that behind his sunglasses he’s have the playful glint in his eyes, the one that said ‘I’m proud of you but I’d never say it a loud.’

After graduation was over I ran up and gave both Mom and Dad massive hugs, squealing in joy because I had come top in all my classes.

“Looks like I’m paying for art school,” Dad smirked as we headed home.

“Peace, I’ve been thinking, your father told me that he mentioned you interpreting your passion of art into the business and I agree with him, in fact I think it’s a great idea.” Mom stated seriously.

“I don’t understand,” I mutter with confusion.

“You don’t want to run the business because at the moment you’re young and you want to do your own stuff, so while you go to college the business with continue to run without you, however when you finish college we can look at you running the business with your art knowledge.” Dad tried to explain.

“What your father means is that instead of you focusing on the engineering side of the business you could look at marketing, designs, etcetera,”

I pause to think about what they had said and my eyes widen in shock, I’d never thought of it like that, but they were right, I could hire people who actually enjoyed being engineers and were good at their job, then I could focus on what I loved.

“I like that the sound of that,” I state, as the car pulls up the long drive way as he get out.

“Whatever you chose, I’ll be Proud of you,” Dad replied, throwing his arm around me and Mom and kissing the top of my head affectionately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can't believe I finally completed this! I'm so happy! After a year of it just sitting there.

Thank you for all the support! :)