One of the Cast

Dinner

The next few days passed with Amanda almost completely ignoring me, only acknowledging my presence for the most basic of statements or questions, such as, ‘Can you grab me the egg carton?’ or ‘I’m going out, don’t wait up’. While it was awful that we weren’t speaking, it seemed even worse to me that it was for something that came up so abruptly and without any warning whatsoever. She had seemed so normal the whole time, and then this? It made me begin to question what else she may have been hiding this whole time or even way before now. I wasn’t sure whether or not I should mention anything to Aaron or Eddie, and because of my indecisiveness I decided not to until I was sure that it would end well. I managed to ignore everyone’s questions of why Amanda was clearly avoiding me for the most part; if someone did bring it up, I put it off on stress and general moodiness. I could tell, however, that the few people who accepted these excuses weren’t going to accept them much longer, so hopefully the situation would be resolved soon.

I was sitting off to the side while a couple scenes were being shot, reading my book, when I notice out of the corner of my eye, someone sit down next to me. “What are you reading?”

I looked up to see Eddie staring back at me with his beautiful green eyes, waiting for a response. “Oh, um, The Kite Runner.”

He nodded, though I could tell he didn’t really come over here just to ask me what book I was reading. I almost went back to reading it because he took so long to say anything else, but he said, “What’s really up with Amanda?”

Knowing that I couldn’t exactly tell him the truth, I just shrugged it off. “Oh, you know. She’s probably just stressed out, and it’s all adding up. She’ll be better when she’s had a few calmer days after everything.”

He nodded, staring at the ground rather than any of the mayhem that was going on around us. After a few minutes he just people watched and I went back to my book, perfectly content with the quiet between us. It can be nice knowing you’re in someone else’s company but you don’t have to necessarily entertain them. “Tell me, and don’t take this the wrong way; do you really like Aaron?”

I lowered my book and looked back at him. “What in the world are you talking about? Of course I do, why would you ask that?”

He shook his head slightly. “I’m just making sure, as his friend, that’s all.”

Thankfully someone called him over to help do something so the awkward moment was cut off, at least temporarily. I thought about all the time I’d encountered Eddie and tried to remember if he had ever been so supremely awkward before, but I couldn’t remember a time. I decided to ignore it and go back to my book, but I was interrupted yet again. The book was snatched out of my hands and as I looked up to see who the perpetrator was, I was greeted with a kiss. “Well hello to you too,” I said, taking my book bag and placing the bookmark in it before closing it and replacing it in my bag next to me. “Are you on a break?”

“I’m finished for the day,” he shook his head, grinning. “Now that you mention it.”

I smiled and allowed him to pull me up to stand next to him. “So what are you going to do with all that free time?” We held hands and headed toward his car.

“I was actually wondering if you’d like to come over for dinner tonight? I’ll make it all myself,” he said, though he knew of course I’d go over.

“Well I suppose so, but should I be brave enough to let you cook on your own?” I teased.

He shrugged and kissed me again. “I guess we’ll have to find out, won’t we?”

I let him lead me to his car, and on the way I met Eddie’s eyes. I was intending to look away almost instantly, as he was in a conversation with Amanda, but for some reason he looked...sad, almost. I wondered what in the world she could have told him to make such a typically happy person look that way. I wasn’t left to my thoughts for long, however, as Aaron interrupted them to ask me about my day and do I have any requests for dinner, before telling me about some famous actor who visited the set that day. I couldn’t concentrate on anything he was saying, though, because I was thinking too hard about what Eddie could possibly be sad about.

After Aaron dropped me off at the house, I showered and put on a green strapless dress, nude heels, and diamond studs before doing a final mirror check, grabbing my tan leather purse on my way out.

After dinner I helped Aaron clear the table. I placed the plate in the sink before wrapping my arms around him from behind and kissing his neck. “That was delicious, thank you.”
He responded by dropping everything in the sink and spinning around and taking my face in his hands and kissing me on the mouth. As we both got more into it I unbuttoned his shirt and threw it off to the side, but before we got any farther he picked me up and, after I wrapped my legs around his waist, carried me into his room, shutting the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long, but I'm on my spring break so hopefully I'll get another chapter out!
Let me know what ya'll think!