Status: :D

To Infinity and Beyond!

Chapter 2

The moonlight kissed our skins as we sat in a cornfield that seemed to stretch on forever.

"You see that star?" I pointed to what seemed to be the brightest star in the whole sky. When no one answered I looked down at the already asleep, Quinn, and the about to knock out, Heera. I sighed and glanced down at my watch realizing it had become really late. I seldom had time to go out into the corn field and enjoy the peacefulness. I couldn't do it often due to my mother. After the whole Saripha incidence, everyone was in a state of panic. It had slowly died down, but everyone still has doubts about letting their kids go out. I had strict lockdown, no way was I to go out.

Kids could be heard groaning all over the small country town begging to go and cursing Saripha for disappearing. But the person that was most effected was Heena because, after all, Saripha was her sister. They had barely talked, since Saripha was always in her room creating trinkets and intricate mechanisms, but you could tell how devastated Heena was when she had found out.

~~~

We were in my room: Heena, Quinn and me. Her father and mother had came in with bloodshot eyes and called her out into the hallway. Quinn and me could hear some sniffles from her parents as they told Heena. When they were finished Henna just stood there. No tears were spilling, she had stood there as if nothing was wrong. She was digesting the news. It wasn't long before she slid to the ground and cried her eyes out. Instantly Quinn and me were by here side.

~~~

I didn't know much about Saripha except for her obsession she had with inventing stuff and the universe. There was this one time I had snuck into her room after I saw Saripha go to the bathroom. When I entered I found everything so...shiny and alien-like. Saripha had snuck up behind me and playfully shook me, scaring the wits out of me. We had spent a few hours in that room. Saripha had done most of the talking, showing me her inventions and talking about what was to become of her inventions and what they did. Saripha had gone on about constellations, stars, parallel universes and her intentions.

At first I didn't really believe a word she said but it did make me wonder. I saw how Saripha's eyes would spark with delight when I asked about... well everything we had discussed. And the day Saripha disappeared, I knew. I just knew where Saripha had went, ever since then I wanted to look at the stars and just wonder, regretting how I hadn't taken the time to ask a few more questions.

I looked down at Quinn and Heena and flopped down between my two best friends on Earth, content with just laying there on the dirt ground snuggled comfortably inbetween.

~~~~

"ALICE! WAKE UP!" I tried to open my eyes but they seemed to be glued down so all I did was smack the hand on my shoulder away. But the hand was determined, and a set of hands grabbed my shoulders to shake me awake. I groaned mumbling my protest.

"Let me sleep!" I rolled over looking for my extra pillow that I would normally hug to sleep and found dirt instead. Instantly I awoke and sat up. Looking up to the silhouette that was doing a REALLY bad job at blocking the sun.

"ALICE!" the familar voice of a guy yelled. The silhouette slid his hands from my shoulders to my elbows and pulled me up. I stumbled up to face Quinn and a very amused Heena that was a few steps behind him. I rubbed my eyes before lifting my arm up to look at the time. My eyes bulged.

"OH MY GOD! Mom's gonna kill me!" I cried and bolted across the corn field leaving behind two very amused friends. Quinn and Heena looked at each other with a wide grin. As if talking mentally they both broke out into a sprint and chased after me. "HEY! DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT US!"

"NOT MY FAULT SLOW POKES!"

~~~~