She's Hiding Something...

5

(Angelo)
"You look beautiful." I whisper to Annabeth as we sit opposite one another on the benches outside the roller rink, lacing up our skates. We didn't have to pay for entry, so all I had to do was rent a pair of skates.

But it's true, the old-fashioned look really suits her. She has an air of someone who is old beyond their years, someone who has seen the whole world pass by their very eyes.

"Thank you. And you look absolutely, incredibly handsome." she smirks in reply, but it's friendly, and oh so very irresistible. Wait, did I just think that? I did. Wow. "Now let's go" she squeaks, swinging her messy plaits behind her shoulders as she easily rises from her seat and extends her hands to me.

I carefully stand up, but immediately fall forward only to have Annabeth catch me and help me to my feet again. "Thank you." I grin, as she tows me playfully into the rink.

"You were right. You do suck. It seems I'm going to have to teach you." she giggles, still pulling me as she gracefully glides backwards along the outside of the ring. "Here on the outside is always the slowest, so just stick here for now."

I nod as she starts to instruct me. "Okay, bring your foot forward as if you are walking, but don't lift your foot off the ground. And try to angle it outwards, as if you are making a 'v' with every stroke." she says, guiding me along and shooting angry glares at the other skaters as they rush past us.

"I'm getting it!" I squeal ,yes, squeal as I let go of her hands and start to go around on my own.

"Hooray! Now, can you catch me?" she exclaims, and before I can react she speeds away into the throbbing mass of skaters, leaving me alone.

"Anna?" I call, not able to catch up with her because I'm still slow on my skates.

Suddenly she comes up behind me and gives me a playful push and we both collapse in laughter as she skates in rings around me.

"Show off!" I grin as she reappears in front me, pulling me along, both our legs moving in sync. She's a vision in purple skates, the one beauty in this mass of people. And she's mine. Well, not yet, but I intend to make her mine one day, no matter the cost.

Slowly the lights dim until there's no light apart from the neon strobes, causing a huge cheer to erupt from the crowd, including Annabeth.

"Alright party people, disco-goers, ladies and gentlemen of all ages, let's get this party started!" screams the DJ from his place at one end of the ring. Anna cheers and whoops. The DJ starts some bouncy, dubstep song, probably by Skrillex, and the whole room starts bouncing in time to the beat.

Okay, so she's beautiful, a wonderful skater, and now a perfect dancer? She's perfect. Marry me now.

(Annabeth)
Angelo is a fast learner. Three songs in and he's already skating like a pro. But of course, he'll never top me. Ever.

He pulls me into the very center of the ring, where there's no skating whatsoever, just a bunch of people dancing on the spot. The DJ starts another song, 'We Found Love' by Rihanna. The main skaters have gone off to gets drink and whatever, so it's just the dancers left on the ring, slow dancing with their dates.

Angelo winds his hands around my waist, and I place mine around his neck. He smiles, that radiant grin. Oh god I'm going to melt. Shudders run up my skin at his touch. It's been years, oh believe me YEARS since a man has touched me. It's fantastic.

I can feel sparks in the air between us as we dance. His eye stare deep into mine. Blue against brown. His eyes are so beautiful, so perfect and deep. Slowly he pulls me closer to him, closing the gasp between us. He leans down slowly until our noses touch, I can feel his hot breath on my lips, it makes me want him even more. Then suddenly, his lips connect with mine, gently and slowly, moving perfectly in time. I close my eyes and lean into him, kissing back with all I can.

After a minute we pull away, out of breath. "Annabeth?" Angelo whispers, winding one of his hands into my hair.

"Yes?" I mumble, biting my lip.

"I think I love you."

"Angelo Parente, I love you too."

With that he kisses me once more, this time a bit harder, more passionate. "Be mine?" he whispers into my ear.

"I'm yours." I whisper back.

...

Afterwards I wave him off, telling him I'll drive home later. I watch him disappear around the corner, then let the growing silence and emptiness consume me as slowly hot breath starts blowing down my neck, harsh and painful. I slowly turn around to find two big yellow cat eyes staring into mine, evil and dangerous.

"Oh hello Lucifer!" I grin. "Lovely to see you again."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun! Okay, so we have the first date, kiss and the starting of the revealing of what Annabeth is in one chapter! Whoop whoop! By the way, Lucifer is another name for the devil/Satan

Have you guys got any ideas as to how to introduce the rest of MIW? Comments much appreciated.

-Marsi xx