‹ Prequel: Angels
Sequel: Treasure
Status: I usually only write them if there are requests! If you want one, follow me on Tumblr or Twitter to ask, or just ask me in the reviews

Free Spirit

Free Spirit (Louis)

Image


“Oh my God, that was the most fun I’ve ever had on a ride.” Carmen stepped off the last step of the Gravitron.

Hayley held on to her beanie as she jumped from the first step. “I told you guys it was more fun when you don’t just stand in one place.”

Their blonde friend, Alex, rested her elbows on both their shoulders. “Yea, it’s a good way to get killed too.”

“Buzz Kill.” Hayley mumbled as she fixed her messy, black side-braid.

The other girls laughed as they sat on top of a rickety picnic table. Hayley stood in front of them, pulling the stripes of her flamboyant bag farther from her body. Her gray eyes scanned the crowds of people walking around them, getting to whatever ride they wanted to ride next in the annual carnival. One guy in particular stood out to her as vaguely familiar. “Do you guys know him?”

Carmen turned her head, “The guy in the colored jeans?”

“Yeah, the one those massive amounts of girls are running towards.” Hayley stretched her neck to see over the forming crowd.

Alex whipped her blonde ponytail, “I think,” She brought her small hand up to her brow line, protecting her blue eyes from the sun; “I think that’s Louis Tomlinson.”

“Who?” Alex stepped up to the seat of table.

“A member of that huge British boy band that you don’t really like.” Alex explained.

Hayley nodded her head slowly in recognition. “He looks scared.”

“Shouldn’t he have a bodyguard or something? We should help him.” Carmen suggested.

Alex shrugged. “He should. Why should we risk our necks to help him? He should’ve known better.”

“I have an idea.” The black haired twenty year old leaped from the table, her friends reluctantly followed her.

She entered the crowd forcibly, using her elbows and wit. “Excuse me, excuse me.” She screamed in a horribly fake British accent. Alex and Carmen stayed back, trying not laugh too loudly at Hayley’s facade. “Louis Tomlinson’s assistant coming through.”

Louis stood on his tiptoes to see the girl. Hayley finally reached the British boy. “Hi. I’m your fake assistant… or savior whichever you prefer.” She grinned broadly. “I’m going to get you out of this mess, just play along.” He nodded his head as she spun around on her heel.

“Awlright, Awlright.” The crowd went quiet as the horrible accent reached their ears. “Mistah Tomlinson has a vary important meeting on the other side of the city, and must be leaving now.”

“Uh, yes. I do indeed. I’m so sorry I couldn’t spend more time with all of you, but I have to go. I wish I could’ve signed everything you wanted me to. I’ve enjoyed the carnival, it was so much fun.” Louis flashed his impeccably white smile.

All the girls started to groan and leave. Hayley leaned closer to Louis, “They’re probably going to catch on when they see you’re not moving.”

“I don’t know where to go where I won’t be recognized.” He whispered shortly.

She stifled a giggle as she thought of place to show him. “Follow me.” She motioned.

Hayley lead him to a quiet part of the park that the carnival didn’t reach. “No one ever comes to this part of the park, even when there’s not a carnival.” She grabbed onto a sturdy tree branch, swinging herself back and forth.

“How come?” Louis asked as he took a seat on a stump.

She jumped from the branch, landing unsteadily. “I don’t really know. I guess because nothing is ever held on this part. It always ends somewhere along that line.” She pointed towards the metals gates of the carnival. “People have kind of forgotten about this part.”

He pursed his lips, “I’m sorry, I didn’t quite catch your name.”

“Probably since I didn’t throw it to you.” She winked at the tan boy. “Hayley. Hayley Borek.”

“Why’d you save me?” He stood from the stump, finding a tree to lean against.

Hayley shrugged. “You looked scared. Seemed like a fun mission…”

Louis laughed, “You could’ve been killed.”

“Well, to die would be an awfully big adventure.” Her black braid swayed as she started to climb a few branches of a tree.

“Peter Pan.” Louis mumbled as he watched her adjust herself on the branch. “You’re quite the free spirit, aren’t you?”

Hayley crouched low on the branch, holding on to the one above her to keep her balance, “Who’d ever want to be suppressed to living a life under some type control?”

“Well, what if you have to?” Louis sighed, taking his place back on the stump.

Hayley climbed down a few branches, and then just jumped. “Then you’re not actually living.”

“What if you have to if you want to succeed?” His blue eyes connected her gray ones, questioningly.

“Why would you want to succeed that way? And really, are you succeeding if you’re not doing it your way?” She slid her bag from her back, bringing it around her.

Louis was perplexed by this statement. She had a point. “Have you been on the rollercoaster yet?”

He shook his head, “That’s where I was heading actually.”

“Oh, it’s one of the best.” She gushed. “It goes so fast, and if you stand up on the right parts… it’s magically freeing.”

“Stand up? You stand up on a rapidly fast rollercoaster?” He stared at her, trying to figure out if she was joking or not.

“Well, if you want to do it right… you have to.” She pulled a pair of sunglasses and a little fake mustache from her bag. She pulled her beanie from her head and handed it to him.

“Here, pull this over all of your hair, or at least most of it. Put these on. Before you ask, I won the mustache at a booth.” She handed the other two items to him. “Disguised.” Hayley jumped up, pulling her braid over her shoulder. “I’m going to show you how to ride a roller coaster.”

Louis stood after adjusting the mustache. “I have to admit… I like your style.”

“I like my style too.” She beamed.

He smirked smugly, “We’re not talking about clothes… are we?”

Hayley rolled her eyes, grabbing his hand. “Stop trying and come on.”

They rode the rollercoaster at least three times, and each time, Louis found her more and more interesting. Each time he felt more and more alive as he stood taller and taller. It was magical. The wind freed him and he felt invincible… powerful… like a free spirit.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Hayley!
Hayley's Outfit: here

Sixth installment in my line of Oneshots. Here is the fifth one.

Love you all!
-Michy xx